Anyone on Arimidex and Zoloft?

missrenee
missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Anyone on Arimidex and the anti-depressant Zoloft? I'm on both and hoping the Zoloft is not one of the anti-depressants you shouldn't take with Arimidex. I think it's okay and I think I went over this with my onc.

Hugs, Renee

Comments

• confused123
    confused123 Member Posts: 251
    I am on Tamoxifen and my doc
    I am on Tamoxifen and my doc wanted me on Zoloft and the computer system at the pharmacy said they shouldn't be taken together so hopefully the same would have happened for you. Tamoxifen and Arimedex are different so don't go by the interaction I had. Good luck!

Kim
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    The 2 together are ok. I was
    The 2 together are ok. I was on both but had to stop arimidex due to side effects, and am now on femara and zoloft. There is a website that lists the drug interactions but I dont remember it. There are other postings here stating exactly which anti depressants are not acceptable with arimidex.
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Not on Arimidex, but I'm on
    Not on Arimidex, but I'm on Tamoxifen and zoloft. I told my Onc about it before I started the Tamoxifen and he said that zoloft was one of those anti-depressants that's right on the border but it was ok for me to take it with the tamoxifen. This was a HUGE issue for me because I've had manic depression/depression & panic attack issues since my early 20's - and finding an anti depressant that worked well for me with the least side effects & that made me feel the most "normal" was a very long & hard road, and in all honestly it would have been a very tough decision for me to make if I had to choose between Zoloft and Tamoxifen.
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Different combo -
    Arimidex and Effexor, which is newly prescribed. Yikes.

Sue