Hi everybody , it is Friday any interesting plans for the weekend ?.

pepebcn
pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Not me, my wife leaves tomorrow to......Vietnam! don't ask me what to do!, LOL.
So poor of me , just stay here alone! ( depressing!).
Hugs.

Comments

• bruins1971
    bruins1971 Member Posts: 227
    Enjoying life
    With Thanksgiving just around the corner and Christmas and my birthday shortly there after I am just enjoying life to the fullest. With stage 4 you get a totally different look at life and I am gonna live it to the fullest. Looking forward to putting up the Christmas tree next Friday and finishing up the lights outside....
  • mukamom
    mukamom Member Posts: 402
    going to
    enjoy my husband home from the hospital and getting ready for turkey day. My doc at work is going to smoke one (a turkey) for me.. Robert loves smoked turkey!! Sorry u will be home alone..time to goof off lol
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    daughter's b-day
    Monday is my middle child's (oldest daughter) birthday- she is turning 15. Since I'll be gone most of the day going to L.A.that day to see Dr. Lenz and my husband will be working a long day, we are celebrating her birthday on the weekend.
    It's supposed to rain here this weekend, so I guess no outdoor activities, but going to the mall and getting a manipure/pedicure is what she wants to do on Saturday, anyhow.

I'm looking forward to my kids' week-long Thanksgiving break next week, so I don't have to get up so early to get them going and to school. A little relax time!
    We'll be having Thanksgiving at my mother in law's house- my family of five, one of sisters in law and family (also of 5), and my mom and stepdad will all be there, all bringing something to share (gotta talk to MOL today to decide what we should all bring).

Lisa
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Vietnam?
    Just curious, Pepe, what is your wife going to do in Vietnam?
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Thanksgiving
    Just going shopping for our Thanksgiving dinner. We are just having the kids and grandkids which ends up being about 25 people. Yup another 23 pounder, plus Kielbasa yummy. Today we are going to drop off about 125 pounds of food to the food depot at church. Still have to buy one more turkey, but we bought the rest of the food last night. Our area has been hit hard with unemployment so our food depot is pretty busy with homeless and unemployed. Also have another birthday party to go to for our grandson on Sunday. Enjoy your weekend.

Kim
  • C Dixon
    C Dixon Member Posts: 201
    Swim Meet
    I'm taking my daughter to Augusta for a swim meet that will last all weekend. I hope she is fast!

Catherine
  • pepebcn
    lisa42 said:

Vietnam?
    Just curious, Pepe, what is your wife going to do in Vietnam?

I ask it to her too!!!
    LOL, well she does some works for the foreign affairs ministry, as protocol hostess and seems they have to do something there, ( an economic meeting l think).
    Hugs.
  • ktlcs
    ktlcs Member Posts: 358
    C Dixon said:

Swim Meet
    I'm taking my daughter to Augusta for a swim meet that will last all weekend. I hope she is fast!

Catherine

Play
    Going to watch my friend's nephew in a hih school play, he is quite god

Kathy
  • pepebcn

Enjoying life
    With Thanksgiving just around the corner and Christmas and my birthday shortly there after I am just enjoying life to the fullest. With stage 4 you get a totally different look at life and I am gonna live it to the fullest. Looking forward to putting up the Christmas tree next Friday and finishing up the lights outside....

we don't celebrate it here so we still have to wait
    couple of weeks to feel Christmas time yet! I don't know if I'm going to like Christmas this year!
    Hugs!
  • pepebcn
    mukamom said:

going to
    enjoy my husband home from the hospital and getting ready for turkey day. My doc at work is going to smoke one (a turkey) for me.. Robert loves smoked turkey!! Sorry u will be home alone..time to goof off lol

I'm going to be here alone and I'm not used to,
    first time since Sick I'm a bit depress,....!
    Hugs.
  • pepebcn

Thanksgiving
    Just going shopping for our Thanksgiving dinner. We are just having the kids and grandkids which ends up being about 25 people. Yup another 23 pounder, plus Kielbasa yummy. Today we are going to drop off about 125 pounds of food to the food depot at church. Still have to buy one more turkey, but we bought the rest of the food last night. Our area has been hit hard with unemployment so our food depot is pretty busy with homeless and unemployed. Also have another birthday party to go to for our grandson on Sunday. Enjoy your weekend.

Kim

You are great Kim , l can't imagine what 75 kg of food are
    hahaha, sounds a lot but considering the size of turkeys there is not that much!! Sorry but as I said once, things here are much smaller,
    specially refrigerators!.We would survive maximum a month!.LOL.
    Hugs.
  • pepebcn
    ktlcs said:

Play
    Going to watch my friend's nephew in a hih school play, he is quite god

Kathy

What kind of play they do
    Kathy?
  • pepebcn
    C Dixon said:

Swim Meet

Catherine

l hope she is very very fast Catherine!
    Hugs!
  • pepebcn
    C Dixon said:

Swim Meet

Catherine

double
    double
  • Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277 Member
    Pepe Pepe Pepe
    Alone? Like the movie "Home Alone"? I can just see you now ... are you going to make a mess or be a good boy and keep things clean? 10 days is a long time. I hope you're feeling good enough to make a mess.

I'm doing my Chemo rush weekend. Not as much fun as college rush but, almost as funny. I have to catch up on all the things that didn't get done. Best fun is I set up a coffee/tea bar in my Master bathroom counter. I get one side with one sink and put a small 4 cup coffee maker and a cup and spoon with all my different flavored teas and coffee ready to go for Chemo hot drinks. Starbucks would be proud of my scaled down version. That way I don't have to go downstairs to the kitchen everytime I need something to drink. I already have a small refrigerator in the sitting area of the bedroom so by the time I'm done with Chemo, I may have a to bring up my extra microwave and just make the Master bedroom it's own apartment.

Have fun for 10 days on your own, hang out here online. Or, you can check my Facebook. I've posted all kinds of pictures that I've taken of the California coast. Check out my sea otter pictures, took me over an hour of stalking that poor otter but I got a killer picture of it close up and staring at me while he ate.
  • pepebcn
    Lori-S said:

Pepe Pepe Pepe
    Alone? Like the movie "Home Alone"? I can just see you now ... are you going to make a mess or be a good boy and keep things clean? 10 days is a long time. I hope you're feeling good enough to make a mess.

I'm doing my Chemo rush weekend. Not as much fun as college rush but, almost as funny. I have to catch up on all the things that didn't get done. Best fun is I set up a coffee/tea bar in my Master bathroom counter. I get one side with one sink and put a small 4 cup coffee maker and a cup and spoon with all my different flavored teas and coffee ready to go for Chemo hot drinks. Starbucks would be proud of my scaled down version. That way I don't have to go downstairs to the kitchen everytime I need something to drink. I already have a small refrigerator in the sitting area of the bedroom so by the time I'm done with Chemo, I may have a to bring up my extra microwave and just make the Master bedroom it's own apartment.

Have fun for 10 days on your own, hang out here online. Or, you can check my Facebook. I've posted all kinds of pictures that I've taken of the California coast. Check out my sea otter pictures, took me over an hour of stalking that poor otter but I got a killer picture of it close up and staring at me while he ate.

I m going to do a mess , what hell they lost in Vietnam,? and
    the worst: is not the first time she goes there and we use to speak each other twice every day ,last time it cost me nearly 2000€ in celullar invoice!
    Beside that we have a maid that comes every day but not cook , so have to go my mother,s house for lunch and supper and it stress me a lot, l love her, she is still in excellent shape, and it makes her difficult to manage, lately she is worried about her arm broken few months ago so she is in very bad humor as she can't drive , no any other problem bigger than her problems, not even mine! her problems ar the big ones! does it sounds to any body?, So l don't know how to deal with my solitude !.In other order of things , would you be able to send a pic of your bathroom with all the paraphernalia?.LOL.
    Best to you dearest!
  • Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277 Member
    pepebcn said:

the worst: is not the first time she goes there and we use to speak each other twice every day ,last time it cost me nearly 2000€ in celullar invoice!
    Beside that we have a maid that comes every day but not cook , so have to go my mother,s house for lunch and supper and it stress me a lot, l love her, she is still in excellent shape, and it makes her difficult to manage, lately she is worried about her arm broken few months ago so she is in very bad humor as she can't drive , no any other problem bigger than her problems, not even mine! her problems ar the big ones! does it sounds to any body?, So l don't know how to deal with my solitude !.In other order of things , would you be able to send a pic of your bathroom with all the paraphernalia?.LOL.
    Best to you dearest!

LOL
    You want pics of bathroom paraphenalia? Are you kinky or something??? LOL
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Lori-S said:

Pepe Pepe Pepe

Lori
    This sounds awesome; very smart + handy. Our bedroom isn't really big enough for the fridge, etc. but I have heard there is a trend to having master suites with a little "kitchenette".
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    pepebcn said:

Best to you dearest!

Pepe
    It sounds like a good time to learn a little cooking. Try it, you might like it. And you are not alone, you have all of us!:)
  • abrub
    abrub Member Posts: 2,174 Member
    My son and future
    My son and future daughter-in-law are in town until Monday. We'll play!

Tonight, my husband is the musical entertainment at a local general store/restaurant, so we'll meet up with friends there. He plays folk and American traditional music. Lots of fun!

Hugs all around!
    Alice