Test results are in - not good

geotina
geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Last week George has his CT and PET scan. Saw the onc today and the news is not good. There is progression both in the lungs and liver. George did Folfox last year with very good results, went on to 5FU and Avastin for the last 40 plus weeks but I guess it just stopped working. No progression to bone, brain or anything else. Should see an interventional radiologist tomorrow then in the next few days a needle biopsy of the liver to insure that we are not dealing with something new. Then they will restart heavier chemo, don't know which one yet. Hope is to get this under control again.

Needless to say the news was devastating and it has been an emotionoal, tough evening, he was doing so very well.

Take care everyone - Tina

Comments

• herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Many good thoughts
    Many good thoughts and prayers being sent George's way. I hope it gets under control again SOON.
    Winter Marie
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    I'm sorry for the bad news
    I know you will get your head wrapped around this news soon enough and get into full battle mode, I'm just very sorry you are facing this news. It's always so devastating, but this can still be won! Stay strong!
    mary
  • okthen
    okthen Member Posts: 232
    Tina I am so sorry to hear
    Tina I am so sorry to hear this news! You and George are in my prayers!
    Take care,
    Chriss
  • Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277 Member
    Tina
    I'm sorry that the news was not good. I will pray that you guys get this under control. HUGS
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    I am sorry Tina
    but I am convinced George will have this under control again. The good news is, now with the scan results they can adjust his chemo appropriately. I honestly don't know how people dealt with it before scans - they really had to wait + see! I am glad there was no progression elsewhere. Folfiri + avastin have done well by me so far. I am always amazed when you talk about George working full time during treatment - he must be a very strong man + you are strong + inspirational too. Together you two will whup this! I am thinking of you both, + I have been meaning to tell you how much I love the picture of you two.
  • Kathryn_in_MN
    Kathryn_in_MN Member Posts: 1,252 Member
    Sorry to hear this
    Sorry to hear this news. Maybe they can try FOLFIRI. It sure kicked my cancer cells faster than FOLFOX did.
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Tina
    Tina,

I am so sorry that the results were not what you had hoped for. George has been through so much already. I am praying that you two can find some peace in the next few days as a plan comes into view. I'm really sorry.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • tanker sgv
    tanker sgv Member Posts: 124
    It sounds like your husband
    It sounds like your husband is a strong man and as they say where there's a will there's a way. Best wishes and good luck
  • Kerry S
    Kerry S Member Posts: 606 Member
    match the right chemo
    Tina,
    Sounds like they just need to match the right chemo to the damn cancer.
    Keep your attitude positive and keep going. God is with you as are we.

Kerry
  • ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    Sending you prayers!

Sending you prayers!
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    I am so sorry
    I just hate to hear this, I will continue to pray for George and you during this tough time.

HUGS
    Beth
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    dorookie said:

I am so sorry
    I just hate to hear this, I will continue to pray for George and you during this tough time.

HUGS
    Beth

hi Tina, feel sorry for the disappointment , but I'm sure a new
    combo will do the job this time!
    Hugs!
  • pepebcn said:

hi Tina, feel sorry for the disappointment , but I'm sure a new
    combo will do the job this time!
    Hugs!

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • Jaylo969
    Jaylo969 Member Posts: 824 Member
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

Sorry about bad news
    Tina & George....please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers and I am hoping that you and your Docs will get a good game plan together and whup this stuff!

Tina, you have been such an inspiration to me in the way you handle everything and in your consistent support for all of us in this group.Sending many sparks to you and George.

-Pat
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Prayers for you both
    Can definately understand the disappointment with the scan results when all seemed to be going well.

At least now you know and the docs can get a new plan in place back to good results.

Take care and know that we are all there rooting for best results.

Marie who loves kitties
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    dorookie said:

I am so sorry

HUGS
    Beth

love your new pic!
    Just wanted to say! :)
    mary
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member

Prayers for you both
    Can definately understand the disappointment with the scan results when all seemed to be going well.

At least now you know and the docs can get a new plan in place back to good results.

Take care and know that we are all there rooting for best results.

Marie who loves kitties

Hey Tina
    man.... that just sucks.... just when ya think ya got things under control.... Does George follow any certain food protocol? Anything in addition to chemo...meaning any type of supplements or herbs? I know they will find something to work for him. I am sure this threw you both for a loop... Sending prayers and good vibes your way. Take care.

Jennie
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    T-n-G
    Well, as strong as you are, I know this one had to hurt:(

It's not the news that any of us wanted to hear, but fortunately, there are still plent of options abound.

I can't cure cancer or solve the world's problems, but I will be sending you and George something "magical" that will at least put a smile on your faces, if only for a moment:)

Look for it in your chimney or your mailbox, LOL:)

You will both have it in time for Christmas...I guarantee you will enjoy it!

I'm sorry for this news, Tina, but we're not out of it by a long shot.

-Craig
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    onward and forward
    Hi Tina,

Sorry to hear George's scan results. At least nothing spread anywhere else.
    Most likely George would be put on Folfiri. I know it's bad for some, but I personally found Folfiri much more do-able than the Folfox. No fun knowing that he needs to go on the heavier stuff again, though.
    Hugs and prayers for you both-

Lisa
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Sorry
    Sorry that you didn't get better news and hoping that the new treatment will help shrink his tumors.

Kim