Nasty Set Back

kya911
kya911 Member Posts: 157
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
After my first chemo ( which I got through with flying colors)
I got sick rash mouth sores,vomiting.
Come to find out I took the med as written on the bottle only problem is the drug store left out 2 little words "as needed" I took 22 pills I did not need I was doing fine till then. Grrrrrrrrr

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    WOW! Those "2 little words"
    WOW! Those "2 little words" would have been worth a million!! I hope it gets out of your system quickly, and you can fly through the rest of your treatment with no ugly surprises!

Hugs,
    Chen
  • Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
    chenheart said:

WOW! Those "2 little words"
    WOW! Those "2 little words" would have been worth a million!! I hope it gets out of your system quickly, and you can fly through the rest of your treatment with no ugly surprises!

Hugs,
    Chen

OMG
    You're lucky you didn't end up in the ER! My oncol. had me bring all meds in with me each time and he'd read the labels to make sure they were what he wanted me to have. Ask yours if he'd/she'd do that for you.
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    I'm so sorry this happened
    I'm so sorry this happened to you. Hope you are feeling better now. I hope the pharmacy has heard about this. Glad you got through your chemo with flying colors. I hope everything goes smoothly for you now. Take care Kay
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

I'm so sorry this happened
    I'm so sorry this happened to you. Hope you are feeling better now. I hope the pharmacy has heard about this. Glad you got through your chemo with flying colors. I hope everything goes smoothly for you now. Take care Kay

Oh no I hope you feel better
    Oh no I hope you feel better soon
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    I'm glad
    you're ok. That's one serious mistake. 2 "little words" can make quite a difference. I misread my script the day before my 1st chemo and only took 1/2 the dosage I was supposed to. Fortunately my onco said it was ok just that one time. I made sure to take as prescribed the rest of the time.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Oh My GOSH im so sorry that
    Oh My GOSH im so sorry that happened to you!! That is terrible. I'm sending you hugs & praying that the rest of your chemo goes smoothly for you. That is really just awful :(
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    That really sucks! Hope
    That really sucks! Hope you're feeling better now. Not having the proper directions can be very dangerous. I hope you let them know what happened so they can insure it doesn't happen again.