Arimidex

QuiltingMama123
QuiltingMama123 Member Posts: 124
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Has anyone taken Arimidex? My Onc just prescribed it for me today. I looked it up on the web and one sight had all these very scary patient testimonies about horrible side effects that are permanent. I trust my Onc but am frightened.

Comments

• aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    No problems
    so far. It's been almost 6 months. Oh , I notice things, sometimes the bottoms of my feet are tender or my fingers ache, but nothing very strong and nothing that lasts. I do feel a tad crankier than usual, but again, it's just helping me learn to deal with stress more productively. I, too, was none too eager to start popping that little white pill, but it's been okay.

BTW, when I have time, I make quilts, too:)

Best of luck to you,

Victoria
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    aisling8 said:

No problems
    so far. It's been almost 6 months. Oh , I notice things, sometimes the bottoms of my feet are tender or my fingers ache, but nothing very strong and nothing that lasts. I do feel a tad crankier than usual, but again, it's just helping me learn to deal with stress more productively. I, too, was none too eager to start popping that little white pill, but it's been okay.

BTW, when I have time, I make quilts, too:)

Best of luck to you,

Victoria

I've been on Arimidex for four months
    So far, so good. I was really afraid to take it, but more afraid not to. I think alot of those testimonials on the internet are from the few who do experience the side effects. The thousands who do not, simply don't write in. Anyway, that's what I'm hoping.

Good luck. We'll get through this together for the next 5 years!

Hugs, Renee
  • Snowkitty
    Snowkitty Member Posts: 295
    Been on it since Sept 27.
    Been on it since Sept 27. No side effects so far.

Cindy
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    On since June 1st
    Hot flashes and night sweats (manageable). Leg cramps after a month - they've stopped. I also take Vitamin D.

Sue
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    sbmly53 said:

On since June 1st
    Hot flashes and night sweats (manageable). Leg cramps after a month - they've stopped. I also take Vitamin D.

Sue

I've been on for almost a year.
    No obvious side effects.

Roseann
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    My sister
    took it for 5 years with no side effects. I get my 6th and final chemo next week and after that I think my onco is going to prescribe Arimidex for me too.
    {[hugs}} Char
  • lanie940
    lanie940 Member Posts: 490 Member
    Been on it since this past
    Been on it since this past January. No night sweats, I'm cold at times,LOL! Some joint pain, but managable. I have gained some weight, like 18 lbs after loosing like 65 before my Celiac was diagnosed. Not liking the weight gain. Going to the Gym, hope that helps!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    I was on Arimidex for the
    I was on Arimidex for the full 5 years, with NO bad side effects at all! While I was on it I did 1/2 marathons, 5 and 10K's danced, ziplined, swam with dolphins and had everyday life too!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • lizzie17
    lizzie17 Member Posts: 548
    arimidex
    I have been on it for 2 years and most side effects have gone away. Sometimes I feel achy but--just my legs, cranky occasionally, and fatigue. I would stop taking it, but I promised my daughters that I will do everything to try to live. Meanwhile, I have been
    whitewater rafting, climbed the "rocks" in Central Park and stood on top, rode the slides at Typhoon Lagoon, and I dance the ChaCha Slide and Cupid Shuffle, went Boston whale watching, and whatever comes my way! :)
  • QuiltingMama123
    QuiltingMama123 Member Posts: 124
    Thanks, all!
    I appreciate the input! That other sight had me really scared. It seemed like EVERYONE had horrible, life-altering, permanent side effects. Those 10 women may have been the only ones to have those effects out of the thousands who have used it, or it may have been created by someone with an agenda. Anyway, thanks! Living with side effects is better than living with the beast again.