Last chemo done, scans tomorrow, sugery tuesday

racergirl
racergirl Member Posts: 50
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Well phase one as I call it is done, finished my chemo on 10 Nov. I have a PET/CT scan tomorrow to see where we are, prior to surgery, rt mast, on the 23rd (yeah I know happy thanksgiving), but I just wanted to get it done as soon as chemo was over. I have Inflammatory bc and it is aggresive so the sooner it is gone the better for me. I feel more apprehensive about the scans than the surgery. Reading what you all have been through and are going through has been great help to me. Thank you. Patti

Comments

• heidijez
    heidijez Member Posts: 441
    you can do this!
    as a fellow ibc gal, i wish you nothing but the best. like you, i was more concerned with the scans than the surgery.

surgery really wasn't that bad, for me it was the left breast and since i am right-handed, that made it a bit easier. recovery from the surgery was surprisingly easy (in fact easier than from the second lymph node biopsy i had)!!

after a few weeks of physical therapy, i started radiation. happy to say that after tomorrow morning, i will have completed two weeks of rads - only three and a half to go!!!

i'll be thinking of you tomorrow during your scans and will be holding your hand in surgery on the 23rd!

sending you brave waves, hugs, and lots of prayers,

♫♥´¯`•.¸¸.♥♫ Heidi ♫♥´¯`•.¸¸.♥♫
  • racergirl
    heidijez said:

you can do this!
    as a fellow ibc gal, i wish you nothing but the best. like you, i was more concerned with the scans than the surgery.

surgery really wasn't that bad, for me it was the left breast and since i am right-handed, that made it a bit easier. recovery from the surgery was surprisingly easy (in fact easier than from the second lymph node biopsy i had)!!

after a few weeks of physical therapy, i started radiation. happy to say that after tomorrow morning, i will have completed two weeks of rads - only three and a half to go!!!

i'll be thinking of you tomorrow during your scans and will be holding your hand in surgery on the 23rd!

sending you brave waves, hugs, and lots of prayers,

♫♥´¯`•.¸¸.♥♫ Heidi ♫♥´¯`•.¸¸.♥♫

Thank you
    Yes your posts have been of great interest to me as you seem to be just a few weeks ahead you what I am doing. did you do chemo, surgery, then rads? if so how long in between surgery and rads? Again thank you for being with me through this next week and beyond. Patti
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    racergirl said:

Thank you
    Yes your posts have been of great interest to me as you seem to be just a few weeks ahead you what I am doing. did you do chemo, surgery, then rads? if so how long in between surgery and rads? Again thank you for being with me through this next week and beyond. Patti

Phase one is done!!
    So glad for you that chemo is over. Prayers for the rest of your journey. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member

Phase one is done!!
    So glad for you that chemo is over. Prayers for the rest of your journey. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice

I'm sending positive energy and prayers
    to have the best possible results on your scans and with your surgery. Take good care.

Hugs, Renee
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hi Patti,
    It helps to keep a positive attitude (as much as possible). Hang in there. Sending positive thoughts & prayers your way. Let us know how you do next week. Hugs, Jean
  • chriskaput
    chriskaput Member Posts: 109
    wishing you well
    Hoping and praying that your surgery goes well next week. I have surgery on Monday after Thanksgiving (re-incision of my first lumpectomy, for clearer margins). We'll get through this just like we did the chemo. : )
    take care.
    Hugs, Chris
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Patti
    wishing you successful PET scan and surgery next week. I don't have inflammatory bc but did need a bilateral mastectomy. Chemo #6 for me next week. I'll be resting on Thanksgiving. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Congrats on finishing your
    Congrats on finishing your chemo Patti-and being done with "phase one". I hope that the following phases of your treatment & recovery go well for you, and fast! I dont blame you for wanting your surgery done as quick as possible, i was the same way with scheduling mine. I'll be praying for you & thinking of you & hope your surgery goes well.
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    That's a great feeling isn't
    That's a great feeling isn't it? Finishing your last chemo. No matter how bad it all was I still felt great about that last day. Good luck with your scans, I hope it all looks good.
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    YAY!
    Glad that this part is over and praying for good results tomorrow.
    Linda
  • racergirl
    Thank you again for your support
    You ladies are the absolute best. thank you for all the paryers and positive thought I will have them in my pocket and in my heart.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    racergirl said:

Thank you again for your support
    You ladies are the absolute best. thank you for all the paryers and positive thought I will have them in my pocket and in my heart.

Congrats on finishing chemo!
    Congrats on finishing chemo! Sending prayers and good luck for your surgery!

Hugs, Kylez
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Kylez said:

Congrats on finishing chemo!
    Congrats on finishing chemo! Sending prayers and good luck for your surgery!

Hugs, Kylez

A huge .. CONGRADULATIONS on finishing
    chemo .. now on to surgery. Good for you, hope everthing goes well, just remember to rest when possible - I understand wanting to get everything over with, done - so we can get back to life -- just take care and get plenty of rest in between everything.

Strength and Courage

Vicki Sam
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Each step we make is one
    Each step we make is one step closer to living Life After Cancer~ congratulations on finishing Phase One! We always remind each other that none of us is alone for the journey, and that by this time the surgeons are getting used to maneuvering their way around the myriad Kindred Spirits in the operating room with you!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    chenheart said:

Each step we make is one
    Each step we make is one step closer to living Life After Cancer~ congratulations on finishing Phase One! We always remind each other that none of us is alone for the journey, and that by this time the surgeons are getting used to maneuvering their way around the myriad Kindred Spirits in the operating room with you!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Congrats on finishing step
    Congrats on finishing step one. Chen is right, the doctors are so good at side stepping all of us in the operating rooms and they don't seem to mind all the prayers and good wishes being spoken throughout the surgeries either. We crowd ourselves into all the rooms, operating, scans, radiation and chemo just to be there when we are needed so know that you will have your own paparazzi with you whenever you go.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    fauxma said:

Congrats on finishing step
    Congrats on finishing step one. Chen is right, the doctors are so good at side stepping all of us in the operating rooms and they don't seem to mind all the prayers and good wishes being spoken throughout the surgeries either. We crowd ourselves into all the rooms, operating, scans, radiation and chemo just to be there when we are needed so know that you will have your own paparazzi with you whenever you go.

Congrats Chemo Grad! And,
    Congrats Chemo Grad! And, good luck with your scans and your surgery!
  • racergirl
    scans went well
    Went to see the Onc yesterday afternoon and got a great report, dr was actully smiling and laughing with us. My surgery is later today, and now going into it with this piece of great news is making it easier to do. Thank you all for being there for me. I will be back in a few days.

Even with all that we are going through we have plenty to be thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    racergirl said:

scans went well
    Went to see the Onc yesterday afternoon and got a great report, dr was actully smiling and laughing with us. My surgery is later today, and now going into it with this piece of great news is making it easier to do. Thank you all for being there for me. I will be back in a few days.

Even with all that we are going through we have plenty to be thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Great news!
    So glad you got a good report! I know surgery will go well for you with this news to get you going. Prayers being said for you. Happy Thanksgiving! God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Great news!
    So glad you got a good report! I know surgery will go well for you with this news to get you going. Prayers being said for you. Happy Thanksgiving! God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice

yay glad for the good
    yay glad for the good reports and best wishes on your surgery we are there with you!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    carkris said:

yay glad for the good
    yay glad for the good reports and best wishes on your surgery we are there with you!

*RaceGirl* .. Please post and let us Warriors
    know how you are doing .. after surgery .... Praying for you.

Strength and Courage:

Vicki Sam