Caps

Jean T. Szabo
Jean T. Szabo Member Posts: 193
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Anyone have a suggestion as to which kind of cap to wear when exercising at the gym? This is new to me, been bald for only a few weeks. Would like to get back to my exercise routine but what to wear on my head? Exercise helps to keep me positive.

Comments

• Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
    I'd wear a cotton bandanas.
    I'd wear a cotton bandanas. More power to you if you can exercise while in chemo treatment! I had zero energy. I'd fall asleep just thinking about walking to the mail box.
  • beetle25
    beetle25 Member Posts: 150 Member
    Sher43009 said:

I'd wear a cotton bandanas.
    I'd wear a cotton bandanas. More power to you if you can exercise while in chemo treatment! I had zero energy. I'd fall asleep just thinking about walking to the mail box.

While I was bald I wore
    While I was bald I wore baseball caps or bandana and sometimes skull caps. The skull caps and the baseball caps soaked up the sweat the best and kept the sweat out of my eyes. Have fun working out, I know that it really helped me alot on the days that I felt up to walking or working out.
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    beetle25 said:

While I was bald I wore
    While I was bald I wore baseball caps or bandana and sometimes skull caps. The skull caps and the baseball caps soaked up the sweat the best and kept the sweat out of my eyes. Have fun working out, I know that it really helped me alot on the days that I felt up to walking or working out.

While I was bald
    I wore cotton bandanas at the gym. I was uncomfortable about how I looked bald with a baseball cap on. I think the gym was the place I was most uncomfortable. I didn't have a problem with wearing my pretty fashion scarves in public--but couldn't wear them to the gym--looked goofy!
  • Jean T. Szabo
    Jean T. Szabo Member Posts: 193
    missrenee said:

While I was bald
    I wore cotton bandanas at the gym. I was uncomfortable about how I looked bald with a baseball cap on. I think the gym was the place I was most uncomfortable. I didn't have a problem with wearing my pretty fashion scarves in public--but couldn't wear them to the gym--looked goofy!

Bandanas
    Heard from someone on the board that Target or WalMart has nice inexpensive Bandanas. Will check that out; thanks. Asked Onc. first. Workout just means treadmill and walking on the track, no weight lifting or anything strenuous. Trying it a little at a time, 15 minutes or so to see if that is doable. Onc. said exercise is good for the aches and pains in the legs from the Neulasta shot. The exhaustion lasts longer each treatment.This will give me a "goal"; hope it helps. Since it is getting colder going to the "Y" to do it inside .... will see how it feels.