Implant exchange-Heatherbelle

Heatherbelle
Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Exchange surgery was a success. I was quite a bit longer in recovery (which scared Tim & my dad a bit) because I lost alot of blood during surgery & they wanted to make sure my counts were up.
It sure is nice to have soft boobs again. Yesterday, day 1 after surgery was absolutely terrible. I was in ALOT of pain, more stinging type of pain in my chest, and sore/muscle pain in my armpits, upper back areas. I slept on & off all day. They gave me heavy duty vicodins and antibiotics & i'm taking both faithfully every 4 hours.
Today I was very pleasantly surprised when I woke up. Pain much more tolerable. I must also add that I've been using ice packs on my chest, underarms, and back as often as possible, which I think has been helping -its helped with the pain at the very least!
They didn't have me wrapped up after surgery, I woke up in a soft sports bra that I had gotten from my plastic surgeon. I had bought myself another one to wear after surgery ( i have to wear a sports bra constantly - even to sleep- for 4 weeks after surgery), and im glad i had the other one because i bled through a little bit the first night.
They do not look like the big perky boobs that I have been wanting - they are a bit flat and situated widely from one another right now. I know this is normal, and that my implants will take a few months before they settle into place & "fluff" out, so I'm not discouraged by that. Im just glad that they're soft again :)
Thanks to all of you for your prayers & well wishes. I'm blessed to have had you all with me during thie entire cancer journey I've been on this year. I feel another step closer to getting my life back :)
*hugs*
Heather

Comments

• racergirl
    racergirl Member Posts: 50
    congats on another step
    You have made it another step, keep up the rest and healing, Good job.
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    racergirl said:

congats on another step
    You have made it another step, keep up the rest and healing, Good job.

Good news
    Glad surgery is over and that you are feeling better today! Praying that you continue to improve quickly!God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member
    Glad to hear from our Heatherbelle
    Hate to hear about the pain, but that kinda goes with the territory. I am glad it was a success we all knew you would come through it, dazzling. Someone should have told Tim, and dad so they wouldn't be worried.

Sometimes makes you wonder what folks did for pain before the heavy duty meds.

Doctors sure aren't as good as Mommy Nature. So glad to know you aren't discouraged, especially after all the crap you have endure while waiting for this surgery.

One more thing to mark off the "Get ur Done" list.
    Take care. Jennifer
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    Hang in there, girl!
    So glad to know you made it through even though you had some bleeding issues! :(

Sorry about the pain too but glad it is getting better.

I'm just shy of 4 months post-exchange and I swear that just now mine are finally 'fluffing.' They've gotten bigger over the last couple of weeks. Here's hoping that over the months you get the 'fluff' that you want and deserve! :))

It is really important to wear the bra! Gravity is not our friend, even with implants they can drop out of the pocket! So be sure to wear that bra. I wear one 24/7 and it actually feels better to have one on than not wear one.

Hang in there, girl!

Here's a link all about bras post-exchange that you might find helpful. Wear what your PS wants you to wear now and then after 3-4 months you might want to try these suggestions.

Bless you, Heather! :)

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/44/topic/753120?page=40
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hi Heather,
    Thanks for the update. I am glad to hear that you are feeling better today. Sorry that you had such a crappy day yesterday. Hopefully, it's all up hill from here. You are definitely a fighter. In a few months or so, I'm sure your new girls will be exactly how you wanted them. For now just rest, relax and enjoy doing nothing. Hugs, Jean
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Jean 0609 said:

Hi Heather,
    Thanks for the update. I am glad to hear that you are feeling better today. Sorry that you had such a crappy day yesterday. Hopefully, it's all up hill from here. You are definitely a fighter. In a few months or so, I'm sure your new girls will be exactly how you wanted them. For now just rest, relax and enjoy doing nothing. Hugs, Jean

I always wonder why docs
    I always wonder why docs dont prescribe muscle relaxants more. As the muscles are in spasm after the exchange. causing the pain. Glad you got through the procedure, and are on your way to recovery. take care of yourself!
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Congrats
    on finishing this step. Take it easy and get lots of rest.

marge
  • renee1822
    renee1822 Member Posts: 33
    great news
    Glad to hear everything is OK and wishing you a very speedy recovery.
    Hugs,

Darlene
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    renee1822 said:

great news
    Glad to hear everything is OK and wishing you a very speedy recovery.
    Hugs,

Darlene

Great job, Heather
    Hopefully every day going forward will be better and better. Rest, take good care of yourself and look forward to the new you!

Soft, gentle hugs, Renee
  • chriskaput
    chriskaput Member Posts: 109
    yay!
    So glad you made it through the surgery and are on your way to recovery! All the best to you in the coming days. Take it easy, rest and let the family do all the work!

hugs, Chris
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member

yay!
    So glad you made it through the surgery and are on your way to recovery! All the best to you in the coming days. Take it easy, rest and let the family do all the work!

hugs, Chris

So glad your on the road to
    So glad your on the road to recovery with soft boobs!
    Great news!
    Hugs,
    Wanda
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Heather
    so glad you are doing better today. I don't think I could've gone through what you've been through. But if I were your age I would've done the same thing. Hope the pain subsides and the new "girls" settle in. Hoping each day is another day towards a full recovery.
    {{gentle hugs}} Char
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    cahjah75 said:

Heather
    so glad you are doing better today. I don't think I could've gone through what you've been through. But if I were your age I would've done the same thing. Hope the pain subsides and the new "girls" settle in. Hoping each day is another day towards a full recovery.
    {{gentle hugs}} Char

glad u r on the mend~
    don't overdo it, and ease back into your routine.
    Melanie
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    Glad it's over
    So glad to hear that you finally got your new boobs! Sounds like you came through it like a trouper. Take it easy and rest up!
    Linda
  • savvysma
    savvysma Member Posts: 9
    Your exchange
    Glad I found your post.Sorry your in pain, meds are a godsend, but it won't last long. Although after MX nothing seems that bad! I am quite a bit happier with my new soft foobs and am glad to hear about the "fluff" factor, I have already seen some. Feel better quick!