from rad. to e-coli

gagee
gagee Member Posts: 332
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I don't know what to expect anymore.... Never even thought about cancer until doc said i had it . Been so ill after rad. and they blamed on the rad (33). Now I found out some how I have e-coli. They did a swab under the fold near the breast and under the breast. That is where it was. So it probably isn't that I had eaten. Wondering if rad room wasn't as clean as it should have been. Had some very sick women there that had bowel movements on the table and they had to stop for a cleaning crew to come in. I just want my strength back. I am so tired of being tired. Can't even do cooking or dishes. By noon I am sleeping and taking 2 hour naps. Then again at 4 and 8. Just not like me to do that. Can't get enough to drink either. I think that is why GP did the blood work and swabs. He didn't think it was just rads. Thank God for him. I want to get back to what ever is going to be normal for me. Not living like this.

Thanks for listening. My prayers and thoughts are with all of you. Some of you seem to be so strong and not like me. Maybe I need a kick in the butttttttt.

Hugs to All.
Diana

Comments

• sausageroll
    sausageroll Member Posts: 415
    Diana
    You don't need or deserve a kick in the butt! You have every right to feel as you do...don't apologise for it and it does not show that you are weak at all. You have to show your feelings now and then..even the ones who appear brave have their breakdowns now and then.
    You really didn't need this after all you have been through. I hope it gets resolved soon. I'll be thinking of you! Take care. Pat
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Oh Diana,
    There is

Oh Diana,
    There is nobody here that will kick you when your down. We will pick you up and carry you instead. I'm so sorry for what happened to you. I hope you are feeling better. I know what you mean about wanting your life back. There is light at the end of the tunnel honey. You will see it soon. Take your rest when you need it that is when your body is recovering. Have you tried Vitamins and maybe some extra protein ( like ensure drinks ) It helped me feel allot better. Are you using the aquaphor creme on your skin. Your in my prayers and thoughts feel better Kay
  • cavediver
    cavediver Member Posts: 607
    don't be so hard on yourself
    I agree with Kay..no butt kicking for you. As she said, you will feel all your sisters picking you up and carrying you when you need it...just ask. So sorry for all you have had to go through. I remember fatigue very well...but you know, it does eventually subside and you can get some strength back slowly but surely. The important thing is to rest when your body wants to...it is ok. At the end of the tunnel you can start to build yourself back up. Whatever our new normal is....I will embrace it and run with it! Hang in there, you are stronger than you think! Hugs
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    cavediver said:

don't be so hard on yourself
    I agree with Kay..no butt kicking for you. As she said, you will feel all your sisters picking you up and carrying you when you need it...just ask. So sorry for all you have had to go through. I remember fatigue very well...but you know, it does eventually subside and you can get some strength back slowly but surely. The important thing is to rest when your body wants to...it is ok. At the end of the tunnel you can start to build yourself back up. Whatever our new normal is....I will embrace it and run with it! Hang in there, you are stronger than you think! Hugs

Listen to these girls, sweetie
    They know what they're talking about. You will get through these hurdles, get stronger, and move on. If you need to nap, you nap--no apologies. The thing to do right now is listen to your body and do whatever you need to do to hang in there.

We're all pulling for you.
    Hugs, Renee