Chronic Cough

Nana b
Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I believe that I have mentioned that I have had this cough that I can't seem to get rid of and thought that it could possibly be cancer in the lungs. Well my cough got so bad that I was going without sleep. I went to see a new primary care doctor and he said I had a touch of asthma, but that he needed to do x-rays. I asked him why my back hurt every time I inhaled for him and he said that my lungs may have fluid in them and be rubbing against my ribs (pleura infection). Anyway he sent me in for blood tests and an x-ray of the chest. The lab also took 8 tubes of blood, he is checking Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, thyroid, cholesterol (something different), and some other things that were checked on the slip. I should get results soon. What worries me is that last week this chiropractor took some x-rays and as she was going through it she pointed at this spot and said this spot must be from your cancer. I asked her what part is that and she pointed to her lower abdomen, under the belly. The x-ray were only of the chest so that was confusing to me, and both my sister and I thought the same thing. Is that my lung!

I am worried that it may be cancer, but hoping it's something else!

Comments

• herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Fingers crossed
    My hubby had a chronic cough too, but along with that a bit of acid reflux, they gave him a pill to take every day for the acid reflux, and his cough went away, it seemed part of that problem.
    Hoping yours is something simple like that.
    Fingers and toes crossed hun.
    Winter Marie
  • nudgie
    nudgie Member Posts: 1,478 Member
    Don't want
    to scare you, but when I went and had my yrly physically (11 Nov), my primary doc wanted to know that last time was vacanated for TB, Whooping Cough and ??. I told him I thought it was sometime in the early 90's, so I got the vaccine. He also said that cases of Whooping Cough were going around in adults
  • Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277 Member
    Sorry about your cough
    I sure hope that the xrays come back ok and that you get some resolution to that cough. Nothing worse than something that keeps you from getting a good nights sleep.
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Nana
    I hope you get your answers soon. Waiting is tough!
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    AnneCan said:

Nana
    I hope you get your answers soon. Waiting is tough!

Nana be positive
    I understand your worries it's normal, every time I have a little pain l think is cancer, but it never was so cheer up dear!
    Hugs!
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    pepebcn said:

Nana be positive
    I understand your worries it's normal, every time I have a little pain l think is cancer, but it never was so cheer up dear!
    Hugs!

OMG
    Thanks.

I think I just got my first real asthma attack. I couldn't breath...thank goodness I had the inhaler! It was like my air passage was completely blocked off. Like I hit a wall. WOW. My daughter just sat on the couch as if nothing was happening, tuned to her TV!
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    Feel better soon!
    I hope you find resolution to your lung/coughing soon! When it starts interfering with our sleep, it's time to get it fixed! With your further post about having an asthma attack, I am praying this is "all" it is. Stay strong!
    mary
  • Luv2lunch
    Luv2lunch Member Posts: 270
    Nana,
    Hope you will be

Nana,
    Hope you will be feeling better soon. Will be praying that all of your tests will be negative.
    Linda and El
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    nudgie said:

Don't want
    to scare you, but when I went and had my yrly physically (11 Nov), my primary doc wanted to know that last time was vacanated for TB, Whooping Cough and ??. I told him I thought it was sometime in the early 90's, so I got the vaccine. He also said that cases of Whooping Cough were going around in adults

My doc told me....
    Whooping Cough IS back, but it's usually accompanied by fever...

I have bronchitis...just got a z-pak for it...had it for a week...could it be that?

Please keep us posted, I'm sending big hugs...

Hugs, Kathi
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Praying
    Oh, me. To me, this is one of the cruelest side effects of having cancer. No matter what happens to our bodies, we always wonder if it might be cancer rearing its ugly head again. I'm praying you get wonderful results!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Nana b said:

OMG
    Thanks.

I think I just got my first real asthma attack. I couldn't breath...thank goodness I had the inhaler! It was like my air passage was completely blocked off. Like I hit a wall. WOW. My daughter just sat on the couch as if nothing was happening, tuned to her TV!

OMG
    The tuned into the TV or computer are truly blessed, they don't see the worries or dangers around them.
    Because of my oxi, I woke up and had lost my breath, I pounded on my hubby, shook him, all the while struggling to breathe, I think I could have beat that man to death and he wouldn't have woke up. Thank goodness the breath came.
    Oh my, oh my, I'm soooooo glad you had the inhaler!!!!
    Wow.
    By, the by and by, I think both you and Lori S should have been models. Gorgeous women, you both.
    Winter Marie
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Nana
    A chiropractor can 'read' xrays of the spine well enough to see if it's out of alignment, but they are NOT radiologists. I had an xray once and was dx'd with a safety pin in my abdomen. Actually my pants were loose and I'd quickly grabbed a safety pin to keep them from slipping down.

Maybe your dark spot was a snap on your jeans, a coin in your pocket or a defective spot on the film. Anyone can take an xray in a chiropractor's office... not a true xray tech.

Praying you remain forever NED!
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member

Nana
    A chiropractor can 'read' xrays of the spine well enough to see if it's out of alignment, but they are NOT radiologists. I had an xray once and was dx'd with a safety pin in my abdomen. Actually my pants were loose and I'd quickly grabbed a safety pin to keep them from slipping down.

Maybe your dark spot was a snap on your jeans, a coin in your pocket or a defective spot on the film. Anyone can take an xray in a chiropractor's office... not a true xray tech.

Praying you remain forever NED!

me too
    I'm praying for remaining forever NED too, Raquel!
    Diane, it's good to see a post from you on the board again!!

:),
    Lisa