Tamoxefin Cost

Sher43009
Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I get my tamoxefin through CVS Pharmacy Health Savings Pass. It's a drug program where you get generic drugs as low as $9.99. A 90 day supply cost me $24.99. It cost $10.00 per year to join but well worth it. I also get my bladder drugs through them again 90 day supply for $9.99. Go to CVS.com for more info.

Sher

p.s. Walmart pharmacy also has a drug program like this.

Comments

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    good to know
    I order my mail in...get one month for free (empire)I end up paying $40 for 90 days!

can anyone join...for other meds..My daughter and grandsons have no medical coverage! WE use CVS for everything for years, NO ONE has offered or suggested...how did you find out about program?
  • Sher43009

good to know
    I order my mail in...get one month for free (empire)I end up paying $40 for 90 days!

can anyone join...for other meds..My daughter and grandsons have no medical coverage! WE use CVS for everything for years, NO ONE has offered or suggested...how did you find out about program?

CVS
    Yes, it's for everyone. Ask at the pharmacy for an application/sign up sheet or go online at CVS.com. It's call Health Savings Pass Program. It also gives you 10% off at Minute Clinic through CVS.
  • Sher43009
    Sher43009 said:

CVS
    Yes, it's for everyone. Ask at the pharmacy for an application/sign up sheet or go online at CVS.com. It's call Health Savings Pass Program. It also gives you 10% off at Minute Clinic through CVS.

Bumping up for Heatherbell
    Bumping up for Heatherbell and disneyfan.
  • Punkindo
    Punkindo Member Posts: 113
    Sher43009 said:

Bumping up for Heatherbell
    Bumping up for Heatherbell and disneyfan.

Tamoxifen Price
    I don't know if they have them where you are from, but Bi-Lo (a grocery chain pharmacy) also has a generic drug plan. It doesn't cost anything to join and Tamoxifen is $9.00 for a month supply and $27.00 for 3 months :)
  • crselby
    crselby Member Posts: 441 Member
    the additional cost of taking Tamoxifen
    I've been on Tamoxifen for just over a year. I have to add in the cost of taking Effexor to counteract the s/e of extreme hot flashes. Also, I just had a hysteroscopic polypectomy today to remove the 2 polyps that grew because Tamoxifen can make changes in the uterine (endometrial) lining!! I had to take a prescription prior to the procedure, and have 2 prescriptions for the next few days. So add a couple of hundred dollars and some pain and suffering to the cost of Tamoxifen.
    ~~Connie~~
  • Sher43009
    crselby said:

the additional cost of taking Tamoxifen
    I've been on Tamoxifen for just over a year. I have to add in the cost of taking Effexor to counteract the s/e of extreme hot flashes. Also, I just had a hysteroscopic polypectomy today to remove the 2 polyps that grew because Tamoxifen can make changes in the uterine (endometrial) lining!! I had to take a prescription prior to the procedure, and have 2 prescriptions for the next few days. So add a couple of hundred dollars and some pain and suffering to the cost of Tamoxifen.
    ~~Connie~~

You're right Connie the cost
    You're right Connie the cost is high, but not taking it may be higher. I'm also on Effexor generic not covered by my CVS plan so that's an additional $102.00 per month. I have to see my gyn. every 6 months and have vaginal ultrasounds done to make sure my uterine lining is the same.

Hope your second year goes smoother than the first.
    Sher