cancer med help other aliment?

disneyfan2008
disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I have had U.C. (ulcertive colitis) for about 18 yrs...it was at it's all time worst during surgery and radiation. Shortly after taking Tamoxifen it is almost non-existent I am happy to say!

Just wondering if anyone else has had different medical issue better going through treatments?

Comments

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    No but hey if you have to
    No but hey if you have to take it, its great to get a good side effect, (besides the reason its being given)
  • veronica57
    veronica57 Member Posts: 98
    I take Nexavar for a Mestastasis
    I take Nexevar for a Mestastasis to my lungs because of thyroid cancer. I had a rash on my leg for about three years and no one knew what it was. It would itch so bad, I'd sometimes scratch until it bled. My PCP said it was a diabetic rash due to my diabetes. I just noticed last month that the rash was finally gone; Thank God. It left a big dark circle on my leg. I only hope that the Nexevar is getting rid of the growth in my lungs also.
  • disneyfan2008

I take Nexavar for a Mestastasis
    I take Nexevar for a Mestastasis to my lungs because of thyroid cancer. I had a rash on my leg for about three years and no one knew what it was. It would itch so bad, I'd sometimes scratch until it bled. My PCP said it was a diabetic rash due to my diabetes. I just noticed last month that the rash was finally gone; Thank God. It left a big dark circle on my leg. I only hope that the Nexevar is getting rid of the growth in my lungs also.

Hope rash stays away
    good luck
  • disneyfan2008
    carkris said:

No but hey if you have to
    No but hey if you have to take it, its great to get a good side effect, (besides the reason its being given)

good side effect
    good point...MY oncolgist said my silver lining...but wi'll go with both..
  • veronica57
    veronica57 Member Posts: 98

Hope rash stays away
    good luck

Thank you.
    Good luck to you too.
  • AMomNETN
    AMomNETN Member Posts: 242
    DisneyFan,
    I've noticed

DisneyFan,
    I've noticed several differences since chemo. One big one was I was supposedly allergic to the nickel in earrings. My ears itched like crazy especially if I wore studs. I only had a few pairs I could wear. Now they don't bother as least for now. I take any positive effect of chemo along with no cancer.

Janie
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    AMomNETN said:

DisneyFan,
    I've noticed

DisneyFan,
    I've noticed several differences since chemo. One big one was I was supposedly allergic to the nickel in earrings. My ears itched like crazy especially if I wore studs. I only had a few pairs I could wear. Now they don't bother as least for now. I take any positive effect of chemo along with no cancer.

Janie

I've heard of this
    I've heard of this before with different "ailments". The only thing I had was psoriasis on the bottoms of my feet and between the toes. It usually gets worse in the winter and that was the case this past December - February. Then at the end of February I started on Taxol and it took about 2 weeks to become almost non-existant. It took about a month after stopping Taxol for the psoriasis to return.
    Marsha
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991

good side effect
    good point...MY oncolgist said my silver lining...but wi'll go with both..

No, not me, but, congrats
    No, not me, but, congrats that it helped you!
  • disneyfan2008

I've heard of this
    I've heard of this before with different "ailments". The only thing I had was psoriasis on the bottoms of my feet and between the toes. It usually gets worse in the winter and that was the case this past December - February. Then at the end of February I started on Taxol and it took about 2 weeks to become almost non-existant. It took about a month after stopping Taxol for the psoriasis to return.
    Marsha

something good must come from:
    good even if small things come from cancer meds...with all side effects...welcome the good..for sure