HEADING TO MOFFITT CANCER CENTER ON WED.

Mama G
Mama G Member Posts: 762
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I should have done this immediately upon diagnosis. I just figured I was the one who was going to beat it with overkill!

This is for a consultation, so I have to think of a bunch of question.... any advice?

Comments

• Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Mama G
    I absolutely love your new picture. Your truly are a ROCK STAR!!!! Good luck on Wednesday. Let us know how you make out.
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Love the new picture
    Hope everything goes well for you and you get answers that you want.

marge
  • Scotch Freckles
    Scotch Freckles Member Posts: 273 Member
    Questions
    Be prepared by writing down all your questions and concerns to take with you to your appointment. You might want to be sure someone else is with you who can objectively write down answers next to each question or concern. Your mind will be running in every direction trying to absorb everything but missing some things. This helps when you get home and begin to discuss the visit.

Scotch Freckles
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003

Questions
    Be prepared by writing down all your questions and concerns to take with you to your appointment. You might want to be sure someone else is with you who can objectively write down answers next to each question or concern. Your mind will be running in every direction trying to absorb everything but missing some things. This helps when you get home and begin to discuss the visit.

Scotch Freckles

I just googled Moffit and it
    I just googled Moffit and it sounds like a wonderful place to get treatment. I thought that you were doing better, I have heard that the cyberknife surgery is exhausting. Have they found any more spread? I hope everything works out there, I love the picture.
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    meena1 said:

I just googled Moffit and it
    I just googled Moffit and it sounds like a wonderful place to get treatment. I thought that you were doing better, I have heard that the cyberknife surgery is exhausting. Have they found any more spread? I hope everything works out there, I love the picture.

looks like
    It looks like you're headed to a top notch facility. I'm sure you'll have plenty of questions and hopefully they'll have really good answers. Best wishes. Marsha
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member

looks like
    It looks like you're headed to a top notch facility. I'm sure you'll have plenty of questions and hopefully they'll have really good answers. Best wishes. Marsha

No advice
    just sending postive thoughts and energy as you walk this journey. You're on my mind and in my prayers.

xoxo
    Victoria
  • webbwife50
    webbwife50 Member Posts: 394
    Nothing off hand
    Nothing off hand, but I keep you in my thoughts and prayers and will continue, you give me hope! love...alison
  • Miss Murphy
    Miss Murphy Member Posts: 302
    Good Luck
    Good luck Mama G on your quest...I have no suggestions as to questions to ask. I just want to send my prayers and positive thought and hugs out to you. Sally
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

Good Luck
    Good luck Mama G on your quest...I have no suggestions as to questions to ask. I just want to send my prayers and positive thought and hugs out to you. Sally

Good luck
    Are you taking anybody with you? Support and additional communications will be helpful.
    Praying for you
  • Mama G

Good Luck

thank you all for your kind words and thoughts.
    As far as organic, fresh fruit and veges I've been on that diet since being diagnosed a year ago. The only thing I haven't done is the coffee enema.... just sounds too weird!
    Also we've been growing our own veges and fruit our whole lives together.
    They sent me a long involved questionnaire asking how often I eat each individual fruit and vegetable, so I have a feeling this facility is supportive of that therapy, as is my oncologist.
    I will write down all my ques tomorrow and if you want to see or help me out I'd love it.

Now for my picture story. Every morning I never know what my hair is going to look like when I wake up. Well I laughed at myself when I saw the weird look and handed the camera to my hubby and said I need to get this shot. Then I posted it on another site where I have a friend who's into photoshop, so he put my face on some rockstar's body!!! Not bad for a 60 yr old rockstar! hahah
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Mama G said:

As far as organic, fresh fruit and veges I've been on that diet since being diagnosed a year ago. The only thing I haven't done is the coffee enema.... just sounds too weird!
    They sent me a long involved questionnaire asking how often I eat each individual fruit and vegetable, so I have a feeling this facility is supportive of that therapy, as is my oncologist.
    I will write down all my ques tomorrow and if you want to see or help me out I'd love it.

Now for my picture story. Every morning I never know what my hair is going to look like when I wake up. Well I laughed at myself when I saw the weird look and handed the camera to my hubby and said I need to get this shot. Then I posted it on another site where I have a friend who's into photoshop, so he put my face on some rockstar's body!!! Not bad for a 60 yr old rockstar! hahah

So cool
    I love it!!!!
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

So cool
    I love it!!!!

That is our Mama G. It
    That is our Mama G. It sounds like a great facility. Most places dont ask those questions so perhaps they are into integrative therapy. It seems like you are going for a second opinion to see what else you can do. Ask about any new clinical trials, what meds you should be taking, ask if zometa would be help because you have some estrogen positive cells right? Any tests you need. I hope you get all the answers you need. hoping cyberknofe does the trick and you get an all clear!
  • Scotch Freckles
    Scotch Freckles Member Posts: 273 Member
    Mama G said:

Weird
    I have the same problem with my hair every morning. The morph job is great. We are the same age so I bet our sence of humor is just as demented. I would love to met you there but I think you are a bit further away that just around the block and I don't do mornings too well. Rock on baby.

Scotch Freckles
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Hey Mama G,
    I go

Hey Mama G,
    I go to Moffitt north, Is that were your going? They have a north and a south campus. You are going to love it there. There is no better place. You will get all the care and attention you need or want. And every one there treats you like your there Mom, sister, best friend. You are in the best hands now. take care Kay,
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    I had list and more ears
    I had a list of quetions, hubby and friend (had cancer couple times previous) so she was helpful-support and knew what to ask. I was given so much info the first visit it was like over load , but my husband and friend both there so listen..they heard things (or rememebered things I did not after the appt)

So is you have anyone who can go along with you...I think great help..even if just to hold you hand...i wish you luck
    111222 Member Posts: 2
    Mama G said:

Coffee Enema
    I'm glad to hear about your diet of raw fruits and vegetables, however, because you are eating plenty, those nutrients are increasing the amount of TOXINS that get dumped from the cells into your elimination organs, so these organs need to be cleansed on a regular basis(especially the liver), otherwise the toxins get re-absorbed and get back into your bloodstream and re-toxify the cellular tissues. Organic Coffee is used because it releases the toxins from the liver very quickly, so that they don't get reabsorbed to cause more problems. There's a nice 9 minute video on YouTube entitled "Coffee Enema Detox" by Jaison Greene that might be good for you to look at.

I'm glad that they are asking you about what kinds of vegetables and fruits you are eating because some fruits and vegetables "feed tumors" rather than shrink them. I think the big thing for you to decide ASAP is the method that you are going to use to get the abundance of toxins that are accumulating from your raw diet OUT OF YOUR BODY, and making that decision TODAY would NOT be too soon, because it is absolutely CRUCIAL for your recovery!

Do ask about detoxing the liver while you are there.

Peace and Blessings!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

I had list and more ears
    I had a list of quetions, hubby and friend (had cancer couple times previous) so she was helpful-support and knew what to ask. I was given so much info the first visit it was like over load , but my husband and friend both there so listen..they heard things (or rememebered things I did not after the appt)

So is you have anyone who can go along with you...I think great help..even if just to hold you hand...i wish you luck

Rock on .. MamaG ... great photo!
    Tape recorder - friend, or loved one .. Overwhelming first meeting and all. I would immediately ask, after the finish of my appointment for a follow up -- 1 week time frame so I could absorb all that had been given to me -- then I think you will have lots and lots of questions.

Best of luck .. I'm there holding your hand -- sorry that it's kind of sweaty .. hot out here in California -- and yes, I'm having yet again, another hot flash.!

Strength and Courage

Vicki Sam
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    It's a great place and comes
    It's a great place and comes highly recommended. They are superstars. Please let us know what transpires.
  • Mama G
    natly15 said:

It's a great place and comes
    It's a great place and comes highly recommended. They are superstars. Please let us know what transpires.

THANKS YA'LL!
    I'LL LET YOU ALL KNOW BEFORE ANYONE ELSE , I PROMISE. WELL, MAYBE NOT FACEBOOK. AND I GUESS I'LL HAVE TO TELL THE BAND MEMBERS....HEHEHE
  • Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
    Mama G said:

THANKS YA'LL!
    I'LL LET YOU ALL KNOW BEFORE ANYONE ELSE , I PROMISE. WELL, MAYBE NOT FACEBOOK. AND I GUESS I'LL HAVE TO TELL THE BAND MEMBERS....HEHEHE

Rock On Mama G!
    I'm glad to see you still have your sense of humor! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, hope goes well.
    Sher