Chatting

Chefrox
Chefrox Member Posts: 32
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
OK Pink Sisters.....geez I have done ig enefits for Susan G. Koman....

OK....does anyone want to organize an actual chat? CSN has the chatroom but rarely anyone
in there. It would be cool if we could pick a day and time so we can chat live with each other. We could even pick a base topic for each one. I learn so much everytime I am in here
that chatting would e an added level.

Ok who wants to try this?

Chef Rox

Comments

• webbwife50
    webbwife50 Member Posts: 394
    Great Idea!
    Sounds fabulous to me!
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

Great Idea!
    Sounds fabulous to me!

I did it
    several weeks ago. You need to coordinate time zones.
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Great idea!!

Great idea!!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Great idea!!

Great idea!!

I am in .. Please let me know when ...
    Vicki Sam
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Me too!
    I'm there....just let me know when.
  • Chefrox
    Chefrox Member Posts: 32
    Jean 0609 said:

Me too!
    I'm there....just let me know when.

Chat Time/Ideas
    OK.....Here are my thoughts.....I don't work right now and have no kids so it's easier for me to schedule a chat time. Why doesn't everyone suggest a day and time and what time zone you are in? I'll get them all together and we'll pick a date a time most convenient to anyone. For the first chat why don't we just all sign in and take a turn, then maybe we can pick a chat topic each time for the next time?

Thoughts?
    Chef Rox
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Funny you should mention
    Funny you should mention chat! I was an exclusive "chatster" here on CSN from 2003 till probably 2007 I never went to the Discussion Boards. I practically LIVED in the chatroom! It got me through my treatment, my fears, and I am still friends with many I met through chat. What I always loved about chat was not just the instantaneous connection, but that neither age, nor gender, nor diagnosis was a barrier. I also learned to type quickly! LOL
    I have a"best friend" now...we met in the chatroom and call each other almost everyweek, and have for YEARS now! I even traveled from California to Wisconsin to spend a week with this chat-sister and her husband!

A while back, Tuesdays was set up for BC chatsters in one of the rooms~ it was a great way to connect!

Ok...so why am I not in chat NOW? Like you, I get discouraged when I do go in and find no one there. I find that although I did like chat ( for the above mentioned reasons) I like the boards better. I like being able to reflect, to edit, and also that at midnight, or 2 AM, I am not just hopeful that someone will be available...the boards are always open to read and post!

Also I am on Yahoo, and FB~ if I re-add chat to my daily itinersary, I will need the proverbial 12 step program to break me from my computer! LOL

So yeah..I still pop in and out of chat. But the Boards call me back day after day...

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    chenheart said:

Funny you should mention
    Funny you should mention chat! I was an exclusive "chatster" here on CSN from 2003 till probably 2007 I never went to the Discussion Boards. I practically LIVED in the chatroom! It got me through my treatment, my fears, and I am still friends with many I met through chat. What I always loved about chat was not just the instantaneous connection, but that neither age, nor gender, nor diagnosis was a barrier. I also learned to type quickly! LOL
    I have a"best friend" now...we met in the chatroom and call each other almost everyweek, and have for YEARS now! I even traveled from California to Wisconsin to spend a week with this chat-sister and her husband!

A while back, Tuesdays was set up for BC chatsters in one of the rooms~ it was a great way to connect!

Ok...so why am I not in chat NOW? Like you, I get discouraged when I do go in and find no one there. I find that although I did like chat ( for the above mentioned reasons) I like the boards better. I like being able to reflect, to edit, and also that at midnight, or 2 AM, I am not just hopeful that someone will be available...the boards are always open to read and post!

Also I am on Yahoo, and FB~ if I re-add chat to my daily itinersary, I will need the proverbial 12 step program to break me from my computer! LOL

So yeah..I still pop in and out of chat. But the Boards call me back day after day...

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Love the idea, Rox
    I love the idea of "meeting" all of you in chat. I'm back working full-time, so it would need to be evening (West Coast time) or weekend for me.

But I realize that many who are still in treatment don't work, so there may need to be another time that works for them -- I know It's Not All About ME!!

:-) Traci
  • heidijez
    heidijez Member Posts: 441
    TraciInLA said:

Love the idea, Rox
    I love the idea of "meeting" all of you in chat. I'm back working full-time, so it would need to be evening (West Coast time) or weekend for me.

But I realize that many who are still in treatment don't work, so there may need to be another time that works for them -- I know It's Not All About ME!!

i am shocked traci!
    i thought it was all about you!
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    heidijez said:

i am shocked traci!
    i thought it was all about you!

And THAT'S why...
    ...YOU are my favorite, Heidi!

• shelbyhome
    shelbyhome Member Posts: 145
    chenheart said:

Funny you should mention

Hugs,
    Chen♥

I think the more we stay in
    I think the more we stay in touch with each other the better we all do... I agree with you chenheart I have dial up and it takes us forever to get on some sights but if we just picked one it would be good, either here or FB would be good for me and I also know it's not all about me! I am good with whatever all of you decide. Hugs :) Robbin