First Round Of Chemo

kya911
kya911 Member Posts: 157
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Well ladies you were right, I did not get sick. Had the chemo on Wed. & even went out to eat after. Now I know it may not stay this easy but I have to hope.
They had a little trouble will getting into my port, Said it was not anchored as well as most. They tried 4 times before they got it. I love that Elma I never felt a thing only their pressure. They said I will keep the port for 2 years. Then after that it will come out.

Went the next day got my Neugasta shot.
On the 17th I have Herceptin Infusion.
Dec 1 I get the 2nd round of Taxotere / Carboplatin.
So unless something un forseen comes up no more unknowns I hope.

Comments

• heidijez
    heidijez Member Posts: 441
    so you have one chemo under the belt!
    so happy to hear that it wasn't too bad for you. i didn't know what to expect, but found that chemo was not nearly as bad as what i imagined. sorry to hear about the issue with your port - hopefully that will improve. good luck to you with the herceptin infusion (i am triple negative, so have no experience with this).

sending you hugs from heidi
  • kya911
    kya911 Member Posts: 157
    heidijez said:

so you have one chemo under the belt!
    so happy to hear that it wasn't too bad for you. i didn't know what to expect, but found that chemo was not nearly as bad as what i imagined. sorry to hear about the issue with your port - hopefully that will improve. good luck to you with the herceptin infusion (i am triple negative, so have no experience with this).

sending you hugs from heidi

Thank You Heide
    Thank You Heide
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    kya911 said:

Thank You Heide
    Thank You Heide

glad you did well. now you
    glad you did well. now you know how your body will respond, hope all the others will go as well.
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    So glad it went well for you
    So glad it went well for you and you didn't get sick. I hope that it continues that way for you. It usually isn't as bad as we think it will be. Stay strong and Take care Kay.
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    I'm glad to hear the first
    I'm glad to hear the first one went well for you. I hope the rest of it goes as easily too.
    Please continue to let us know how you're doing.

Hugs,

Linda
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138

I'm glad to hear the first
    I'm glad to hear the first one went well for you. I hope the rest of it goes as easily too.
    Please continue to let us know how you're doing.

Hugs,

Linda

One less now
    So glad the first one is behind you now and that you have felt ok. Hoping they continue to go well for you. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • Grandma X 6
    Grandma X 6 Member Posts: 135

One less now
    So glad the first one is behind you now and that you have felt ok. Hoping they continue to go well for you. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice

Great News!
    I hope all your other treatments go as well as the first. I was also on herceptin for a year I now at this point it seems endless but it does go by fast. I finished chemo end of Jan.and finished herceptin Sept. Hang in there we are all with you. Keep fighting!
    Cindy
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member

Great News!
    I hope all your other treatments go as well as the first. I was also on herceptin for a year I now at this point it seems endless but it does go by fast. I finished chemo end of Jan.and finished herceptin Sept. Hang in there we are all with you. Keep fighting!
    Cindy

Good going, Kya!
    We knew you could do it! Stay strong, get your rest, and take good care of yourself. It's a journey you will get through--keep looking toward the light.

Hugs, Renee
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    I hope all goes well for
    I hope all goes well for you...
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Glad to hear chemo wasn't bad.
    Hopefully, the others will be the same. Hang in there.
  • CMorgret
    CMorgret Member Posts: 13
    I have a question. Was your first round of chemo just Carboplatin (I say "just" but I hope that you realize that I am NOT belittling it in any way...) The reason I ask is because I get Carbo, Trastuzumab (Herceptin) and Docetaxel (Taxotere) one after the other each time I go in for chemo. I am wondering if this is "normal" or if other people out there get multiple drugs each time they go in for chemo...
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    CMorgret said:

I have a question. Was your first round of chemo just Carboplatin (I say "just" but I hope that you realize that I am NOT belittling it in any way...) The reason I ask is because I get Carbo, Trastuzumab (Herceptin) and Docetaxel (Taxotere) one after the other each time I go in for chemo. I am wondering if this is "normal" or if other people out there get multiple drugs each time they go in for chemo...

wishing you
    Wishing you continued good luck and minimal (if any) side effects.
    Marsha
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    carkris said:

glad you did well. now you
    glad you did well. now you know how your body will respond, hope all the others will go as well.

Glad that you got the first
    Glad that you got the first one done and are doing pretty well. Praying that it will get easier for you.

Hugs, Diane