New Member from Northern California

Options
Christy Anne
Christy Anne Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Esophageal Cancer #1
My father, age 67, was just diagnosed after a scope, then a biopsy with EC. PET scan in 2 days. Initial recommendation was surgery, but right now we don't know if that will be before or after chemo and/or radiation.

Does any member out there have experience with UCDavis or UCSF? Dr. Nguyen's name has come up repeatedly, but he is at UCIrvine. That would be a long way to go for surgery.

Thank you for any help you can give us!

Comments

• This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • Tina Blondek
    Tina Blondek Member Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Welcome
    Hello Christy Anne and welcome to you and your dad. I was a caregiver for my dad. Unfortunately he lost his battle with EC in March. I am sure that the surgery will be being performed after the chemo and radiation treatments. I do agree that Dr. Nguyen is one of the very best to perform this type of surgery. It would be very much worth your trip to take him there. You have come to the the best place. We are always here for you. Keep us updated!
    Tina in Va
  • Christy Anne
    Options
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

Thank you
    Thank you Bill for your comments and suggestions. It gives us a lot of hope!
  • Christy Anne
    Options

Welcome
    Hello Christy Anne and welcome to you and your dad. I was a caregiver for my dad. Unfortunately he lost his battle with EC in March. I am sure that the surgery will be being performed after the chemo and radiation treatments. I do agree that Dr. Nguyen is one of the very best to perform this type of surgery. It would be very much worth your trip to take him there. You have come to the the best place. We are always here for you. Keep us updated!
    Tina in Va

Thanks
    Thank you Tina for your help. I am deeply sorry for the loss of your father. I certainly appreciate you putting yourself out there to help others.
  • Thank you
    Thank you Bill for your comments and suggestions. It gives us a lot of hope!

• dfadell
    dfadell Member Posts: 1
    Options
    unknown said:

The surgery
    William, My dad now nearly 83 is s/p chemo rads for his lower esoph adenoca. First f/u biopsy in may neg but recent f/u again +. He lives in AZ and I live and practice in Las vegas. He is getting an opinion from surgeon near Mayo in Scottsdale next tues and I have him set up w Dr nyguen on The 30th for 2nd surgical consultation. Could He possibly speak with you. I have read your correspondance to Christy. My email is dfadell7@gmail.com, Thx David
  • dfadell said:

The surgery
    William, My dad now nearly 83 is s/p chemo rads for his lower esoph adenoca. First f/u biopsy in may neg but recent f/u again +. He lives in AZ and I live and practice in Las vegas. He is getting an opinion from surgeon near Mayo in Scottsdale next tues and I have him set up w Dr nyguen on The 30th for 2nd surgical consultation. Could He possibly speak with you. I have read your correspondance to Christy. My email is dfadell7@gmail.com, Thx David

• Edward W
    Edward W Member Posts: 30
    Options
    unknown said:

UC IRvine
    Be advised UC Irvine and City of Hope collaberate. I got the feeling that UCI was learning from COH.
  • Edward W
    Edward W Member Posts: 30
    Options
    City of Hope
    Christy Anne, My experience with City of Hope is great. They have world class Nurses and Doctors I am a ten year survivor
  • Edward W said:

UC IRvine
    Be advised UC Irvine and City of Hope collaberate. I got the feeling that UCI was learning from COH.