Exchange surgery scheduled for Monday, 11/15

MyTurnNow
MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Needless to say, I am very excited to get these expanders out. Talk about no way to get comfortable as far as sleeping goes. Neither my surgeon nor I anticipate any problems but you never know. Keep me in your thoughts Monday as I go for my exchange surgery at 1:00. It's done on an outpatient basis, so I will be home late afternoon.

Heather, if you read this, I'll be thinking about you on Tuesday as you undergo the same procedure.

Here's to finally getting a good nights sleep. According to my instructions, I need to sleep on my back for 2 weeks. I can do this if there is the possibility of sweet dreams on the horizon.

Comments

• Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hi MyTurnNow,
    I know you are happy to get those *%$@#$ expanders out. I'm a little behind you and Heather. My exchange surgery is December 1st. We will all be with you on Monday and with Heather on Tuesday!!!! I'm anxious to hear how you make out. Hugs, Jean
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Thanks for making room for
    Thanks for making room for all of us in your operating room! I'll definitely be thinking about you and Heather next week. I hope everything goes smoothly for both of you!

Hugs,

Linda
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Yay!! SO happy for you!!!
    Yay!! SO happy for you!!! I'll be thinking of you as I'm counting down the hours instead of days to my exchange!!
    I'm with you-i just can't get comfortable at night & can't sleep for more than 3 hours at a time unless I take a sleeping pill. My back, chest, arms, neck -they all hurt.
    I'll join you in a "cyber" toast to our new soft, comfortable boobies :)
    *soft squishy hugs sister*
    Heather
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

Yay!! SO happy for you!!!
    Yay!! SO happy for you!!! I'll be thinking of you as I'm counting down the hours instead of days to my exchange!!
    I'm with you-i just can't get comfortable at night & can't sleep for more than 3 hours at a time unless I take a sleeping pill. My back, chest, arms, neck -they all hurt.
    I'll join you in a "cyber" toast to our new soft, comfortable boobies :)
    *soft squishy hugs sister*
    Heather

Good luck!
    I am wishing you the best of luck MyTurnNow and Heather with your upcoming surgery's! You both had better warn your surgeon's that the room will be fuller than normal, as, all of your sisters in pink will be there with both of you!

We will all be toasting to both of you for your new "boobies".

Sue :)
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Ritzy said:

Good luck!
    I am wishing you the best of luck MyTurnNow and Heather with your upcoming surgery's! You both had better warn your surgeon's that the room will be fuller than normal, as, all of your sisters in pink will be there with both of you!

We will all be toasting to both of you for your new "boobies".

Sue :)

My Turn Now .. I will be right there with you .. observing
    as your surgeon performs your exchange: LOL! You will feel so much better, the fit our you new ta-ta's will make the wait, tissue expanders and fill up's - well worth it!

Good Luck .. and I'll be praying for you..

Stength and Courage

•☆.•*´¨`*••♥ Vicki Sam ♥••*´¨`*•.☆•
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    VickiSam said:

My Turn Now .. I will be right there with you .. observing
    as your surgeon performs your exchange: LOL! You will feel so much better, the fit our you new ta-ta's will make the wait, tissue expanders and fill up's - well worth it!

Good Luck .. and I'll be praying for you..

Stength and Courage

•☆.•*´¨`*••♥ Vicki Sam ♥••*´¨`*•.☆•

Good luck!
    Hugs, Jan

Good luck!

Hugs, Jan
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    congratulations!!
    Dear MyTurnNow -

Best of luck to you and to HeatherBelle. I woke up in recovery feeling myself up and couldn't stop saying, 'They're so soft.' LOL! I think the nurses in recovery thought I was a complete nut! :))

Praying for a good result and an uneventful recovery!

It takes a few weeks but I'm able to sleep on my side ... it's a comin'!

Here's to softies! :))
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member

congratulations!!
    Dear MyTurnNow -

Best of luck to you and to HeatherBelle. I woke up in recovery feeling myself up and couldn't stop saying, 'They're so soft.' LOL! I think the nurses in recovery thought I was a complete nut! :))

Praying for a good result and an uneventful recovery!

It takes a few weeks but I'm able to sleep on my side ... it's a comin'!

Here's to softies! :))

Wishing you and Heather both
    Wishing you and Heather both good luck!
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    DebbyM said:

Wishing you and Heather both
    Wishing you and Heather both good luck!

Debby
    Good luck with your surgery.
    Wishing you an easy time on Monday.
    Hugs
  • pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431
    Heather and MTN
    Praying for a easy surgery for both of my sisters in pink! I will be thinking of you on Monday and Tuesday!

Here's to a good night sleep very soon!!

Love, Patti
  • rene9
    rene9 Member Posts: 214
    pattimc said:

Heather and MTN
    Praying for a easy surgery for both of my sisters in pink! I will be thinking of you on Monday and Tuesday!

Here's to a good night sleep very soon!!

Love, Patti

Can't wait!
    Can't wait! I have my exchange surgery and port removed on December 10th. Hope you all get some good rest soon:)