mastectomy incision scar

lizzie17
lizzie17 Member Posts: 548
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had posted my concern earlier, and today I saw my doctor. Part of my incision has inflamation after 2 years, and a very tender "????" directly under it that is different, in the center. So, Monday morning I will have the ultrasound. It could be other things, but we need to rule out (hopefully) a recurrence.

Comments

• seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    We will pray that it is
    We will pray that it is something minor. seof
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    seof said:

We will pray that it is
    We will pray that it is something minor. seof

Well hopefully it is just
    Well hopefully it is just some strange thing. I know when the cancer I had returned it didnt hurt.
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Fingers crossed
    And prayers for you. Katz
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Lizzie, did you have
    Lizzie, did you have reconstruction, too? I am just about to have my exchange surgery and the literature I was provided in regards to the implants indicated that there could be a couple of complications that typically occur within the first 3 years.

Hoping for a simple solution for you!!
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    I will be praying for you
    I will be praying for you Lizzy, and hoping for the best, It is probably something minor. When do you get the results?? I'll be waiting to hear. Prayers are coming your way. Kay
  • lizzie17
    thank you
    Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, and I will keep you all posted.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    lizzie17 said:

thank you
    Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, and I will keep you all posted.

Lizzie17 .. Thinking and praying that all is well ...
    Please know that we are here for you 24/7. This is a nightmare many of us ' Warriors ' have .. My story -- bilateral 1/12/10, exchange 7/21/10.

Strength and Courage,

•☆.•*´¨`*••♥ Vicki Sam ♥••*´¨`*•.☆•
  • lizzie17
    VickiSam said:

Lizzie17 .. Thinking and praying that all is well ...
    Please know that we are here for you 24/7. This is a nightmare many of us ' Warriors ' have .. My story -- bilateral 1/12/10, exchange 7/21/10.

Strength and Courage,

•☆.•*´¨`*••♥ Vicki Sam ♥••*´¨`*•.☆•

a little update
    While the ultrasound seems normal, I am being referred to my surgeon for a possible biopsy
    of the inflammation----it will be up to him. And I trust him, so I am comfortable with this recommendation.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    lizzie17 said:

a little update
    While the ultrasound seems normal, I am being referred to my surgeon for a possible biopsy
    of the inflammation----it will be up to him. And I trust him, so I am comfortable with this recommendation.

I would just have them do it
    I would just have them do it to be sure if they need to perhaps they can culture it to see what it is! I hope they get to the bottom of this soon. and it turns out well!