Finally!

ccincin
ccincin Member Posts: 82
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Chemo starts next thurs. Strange but I'm excited to get this going! All tests came back good. MRI after pet shows no clinical significance. Genetic test neg. Etc....
Bring on remission! Few more months!

Comments

• roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    Beginning is half done.
    My mom used to say that to me when I put something off. I understand how you feel. I wanted my life back and that couldn't happen until after my treatments. Great attitude.

Roseann
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Yes....
    Let's get this ball rolling. Hope all goes well. Remember to make sure to drink plenty of water before & after. Keep us posted on how you are doing. Hugs, Jean
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Glad that you're getting
    Glad that you're getting started! It will be over before you know it, and remember we're all here for you if you need to vent, or ask about any side effects, or just talk with others who have been through it :)
    My mom was just telling me yesterday that she's looking forward to her 3rd chemo today -brings her one step closer to being done with it - AND most importantly, cancer free!
    Best of luck & health to you, I'll be thinking about you on Thursday, hope they have plenty of room in that infusion center because I have a feeling there will be alot of us in there with you :)
    *sending big hugs your way*
    Heather
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    I'm dancing for you!!!
    ....Don't forget to drink plenty of water, to flush the chemo....

Hugs, Kathi
  • mollyz
    mollyz Member Posts: 756 Member
    wishing you well
    Hi ccincin,I wish you well keep us posted when you can, I might have missed it somewhere but,what is your cocktail?
  • ccincin
    ccincin Member Posts: 82
    mollyz said:

wishing you well
    Hi ccincin,I wish you well keep us posted when you can, I might have missed it somewhere but,what is your cocktail?

Cocktail
    Starts with an a and cytotoxin???? Can't remember!
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    ccincin said:

Cocktail

Good luck!
    Sounds like Adryamicin and Cytoxin. Both are common drug treatments for b/c, and they are both doable. Wishing you the best as you start your journey....we will all be here for you as you take each step. Hugs, Judy
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    ccincin said:

Cocktail

Glad you are getting
    Glad you are getting started, that first treatment was the hardest for me, just the unknown of all of it. I felt less anxious once that first tx was behind me. Praying all goes well for you. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Bring it on, indeed! Here's
    Bring it on, indeed! Here's to you, to an event-free chemo series, and a glorious Life After Cancer!!!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • webbwife50
    webbwife50 Member Posts: 394
    Strange!!
    I don't think that is strange at all. I felt the same way. My doctor told me early in the dx, I was fighting for my life and it was going to be a hard year, for hopefully, many good years in the future. Bring it on! God bless you...alison
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    I used to have a boss who
    I used to have a boss who would say "let's get 'er done", and that's how I feel about my treatments. BRING IT! Fight that battle with everything you've got!

Let us know how you do. It's been said to drink lots of water...I like Smart Water right around my treatments because of the electrolytes it contains. Hope it all goes well.

Hugs,

Linda
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member

I used to have a boss who
    I used to have a boss who would say "let's get 'er done", and that's how I feel about my treatments. BRING IT! Fight that battle with everything you've got!

Let us know how you do. It's been said to drink lots of water...I like Smart Water right around my treatments because of the electrolytes it contains. Hope it all goes well.

Hugs,

Linda

My good thoughts and prayers
    My good thoughts and prayers will be with you. And yes, starting is the 1st step to finishing.