survivor

Bedee
Bedee Member Posts: 24
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
First I want to thank you all for your posts. While I haven't posted much here, I've lurked, and I have found comfort in the sharing, the encouragement, the laughs, and the courage of you all.

Its been a hell of a year for me. Last June I was diagnosed with DCIS, opted for mastectomy. End of July found a second primary cancer in my esophagus. After chemo, rads, surgeries, doctor visits without end, PET and CT and blood draws, yesterday my onc pronounced NED!!

To everyone, hang in there, we can survive this beast. And we can grow from the experience. God bless you all.

Comments

• MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Congratulations Bedee!!
    Thanks for sharing your story and more importantly providing the encouragement that is so necessary to get through this journey. Get your dancing shoes out girl and have a wonderful time with NED. You worked very hard this last year to get to this place. Wishing you many, many years of NED.
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    MyTurnNow said:

Congratulations Bedee!!
    Thanks for sharing your story and more importantly providing the encouragement that is so necessary to get through this journey. Get your dancing shoes out girl and have a wonderful time with NED. You worked very hard this last year to get to this place. Wishing you many, many years of NED.

YEA!!!!
    Great news Bedee!! Glad you got such good news.Thanks for sharing. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Great news!!! Thanks for
    Great news!!! Thanks for sharing...now dance, and keep on dancing!!!

Hugs,

Linda
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    Great news
    I am smiling and so happy for you. Dance and celebrate life.
    Hugs, K
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    good news
    Good news always welcome!
  • warrrior3
    warrrior3 Member Posts: 92
    Time to celebrate
    Thanks for sharing such wonderful news.
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Great news
    Great news congratulations!!!! Thanks so much for telling us I love good news. Get your dancing shoes out and dance girl dance. So happy for you. all my best Kay.
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    JOYFUL!
    Oh Bedee thank you for sharing your good news with us! We soooo love it when NED shows up, CONGRATULATIONS!

♥ RE
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    RE said:

JOYFUL!
    Oh Bedee thank you for sharing your good news with us! We soooo love it when NED shows up, CONGRATULATIONS!

♥ RE

Great news Bedee! Thanks for
    Great news Bedee! Thanks for sharing!
    Wanda
  • webbwife50
    webbwife50 Member Posts: 394
    Cudoos!!
    Welcome, and congradulations! We will look forward to hearing more from you. Gosh you are like a double survivor! God blessed you...alison
  • Jean T. Szabo
    Jean T. Szabo Member Posts: 193
    Thank You!
    Had my 2nd Chemo session yesterday! Needed to hear good news. God Blessl; It's Celebration Timefor you!!! Say hello to NED for me and tell him to save me a dance.
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member

Thank You!
    Had my 2nd Chemo session yesterday! Needed to hear good news. God Blessl; It's Celebration Timefor you!!! Say hello to NED for me and tell him to save me a dance.

so good
    It is always so good to hear such great news. Thank you and congratulations!
    Marsha
  • dee1962
    dee1962 Member Posts: 99

so good
    Marsha

great news
    I love to hear good news it gives me hope.....
  • GayleMc
    GayleMc Member Posts: 311 Member

so good
    Marsha

This is wonderful news.
    This is wonderful news. Thanks for sharing it.
  • Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
    GayleMc said:

This is wonderful news.
    This is wonderful news. Thanks for sharing it.

NED
    The best new to hear! I still hear the band playing. Dance, Dance, Dance!
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Congratulations
    You and NED make a wonderful pair on the dance floor so dance the night away.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    RE said:

JOYFUL!

♥ RE

Congratulations on
    Congratulations on NED!

Hugs, Debby