During a chat with the National Cancer Institute....

KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I learned that their top (!!!!!!!) site to recommend is (wait for it!!!)

CSN!!!!!

I thanked her, and also told her about the 'new' long term survivor's board....

We ARE OUT THERE, CSN'ers!!!!

Hugs, Kathi

Comments

• Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Well, this is such a
    Well, this is such a positive supportive place to be, I'm not surprised it's at the top.
  • KathiM

Well, this is such a
    Well, this is such a positive supportive place to be, I'm not surprised it's at the top.

I agree....
    But in years passed, I would get blank stares when I mentioned this site...with healthcare professionals!! I always carried brochures from ACS that talked about it....

I am glad to see it's so much more 'out there'!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Wow!
    Thanks for sharing!

Kind regards, Susan
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570

Wow!
    Thanks for sharing!

Kind regards, Susan

I second that thanks.
    I second that thanks. xoxoxo Lynn
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Thanks!!
    I'm not surprised though. I have learned so much from this site and am so thankful that I found it, too. I always mention this site to anyone that will listen. Thanks for sharing this wonderful information and also for ALL you wonderful CSNers.
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    MyTurnNow said:

Thanks!!
    I'm not surprised though. I have learned so much from this site and am so thankful that I found it, too. I always mention this site to anyone that will listen. Thanks for sharing this wonderful information and also for ALL you wonderful CSNers.

WTG Kathi!
    Just recently my Texas State Representative's wife was diagnosed with cancer in both breasts, and when I spoke to her, I encouraged her to seek out the CSN site. She has since called me to say how much information she has gleened from this site, and how she will continue to use it as she goes through treatment. So far she hasn't posted, but I know that there is another supporter of CSN, and eventually I hope she will post herself. I am grateful to have found CSN, and can truly say it probably saved my life, if not my sanity. Thank you for your post. Hugs, Judy
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138

WTG Kathi!
    Just recently my Texas State Representative's wife was diagnosed with cancer in both breasts, and when I spoke to her, I encouraged her to seek out the CSN site. She has since called me to say how much information she has gleened from this site, and how she will continue to use it as she goes through treatment. So far she hasn't posted, but I know that there is another supporter of CSN, and eventually I hope she will post herself. I am grateful to have found CSN, and can truly say it probably saved my life, if not my sanity. Thank you for your post. Hugs, Judy

Great place for info
    This is such a great place to get info. I like it because we have ladies (and some guys) who have been through the treatments and surgeries. For the new ones there is always someone with a very similiar story. It is alway nice to get to talk to someone who has been there done that!I have had questions answered that I had not even thought to ask yet! Thank you all. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member

Great place for info
    This is such a great place to get info. I like it because we have ladies (and some guys) who have been through the treatments and surgeries. For the new ones there is always someone with a very similiar story. It is alway nice to get to talk to someone who has been there done that!I have had questions answered that I had not even thought to ask yet! Thank you all. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice

Beautiful photo, Kathi!
    Kathi, I just want to say how STUNNING your new picture is!

I saw it first on the CSN homepage, and thought -- dang, our Kathi sure cleans up good!

:-) Traci
  • webbwife50
    webbwife50 Member Posts: 394
    TraciInLA said:

Beautiful photo, Kathi!

I saw it first on the CSN homepage, and thought -- dang, our Kathi sure cleans up good!

Ditto!!
    I also, have thought, what a lovely photo! You are beautiful!
  • KathiM
    TraciInLA said:

Beautiful photo, Kathi!

Oh, gorsch....I'm blushing!!!!
    Thanks for the compliment!

I always loved this pic, and it's nearing the holidays, so I thought "Why not?". My beau and I attend one 'black tie optional' party each year...and, just like Prom in High School, all the ladies need a new dress each time (otherwise, you are gossiped about in the ladies room...ladies????). So, this was my 2008 outfit...after all treatments, etc, feeling REALLY good! My beau was too ill in 2009 for us to go...but this year...well, I bought myself a new 'sparklie' snowflake necklace at an auction in The Netherlands this summer, so at least I have my jewelery set!!! (maybe just the sparkles...naked otherwise...hummm...there IS dancing!!!!)

BIG sloppy hugs, Kathi
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    KathiM said:

Oh, gorsch....I'm blushing!!!!
    Thanks for the compliment!

I always loved this pic, and it's nearing the holidays, so I thought "Why not?". My beau and I attend one 'black tie optional' party each year...and, just like Prom in High School, all the ladies need a new dress each time (otherwise, you are gossiped about in the ladies room...ladies????). So, this was my 2008 outfit...after all treatments, etc, feeling REALLY good! My beau was too ill in 2009 for us to go...but this year...well, I bought myself a new 'sparklie' snowflake necklace at an auction in The Netherlands this summer, so at least I have my jewelery set!!! (maybe just the sparkles...naked otherwise...hummm...there IS dancing!!!!)

BIG sloppy hugs, Kathi

Yes, Miss Kathi - I will be able to see first handed what
    a lovely women you are! I know that just by our telephone conversations, we are "Kindered Spirits" ..

December 2nd it is!

•☆.•*´¨`*••♥ Vicki Sam ♥••*´¨`*•.☆•