R&R in Key Largo

cavediver
cavediver Member Posts: 607
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
just posted a photo of me relaxing in Key Largo after completing rads. I don't have much energy yet, and my skin is raw..........but the getaway trip is definitely a morale booster. I recommend everyone plans a getaway trip on completion of their treatments...even if you just have enough energy for short walks and reading....it is wonderful! When I get back home later this week, I will have to find better treatment for the lymphedema that is not yet under control But for now, walks along the water, a good book, and enjoying the sun & warmth.............

Comments

• Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    You look great in your pic!
    You look great in your pic! My husband took me away for a week to the gulf after my treatments and you are right, it is just what everyone needs!

Hugs, Megan
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    GO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Enjoy every second of it!

Blessings and hugs,

Sylvia
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    Have fun!
    What a great place to relax and recuperate! Have a wonderful time!
    Linda
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    linpsu said:

Have fun!
    Linda

tony the tiger
    As Tony the Tiger would say, your trip sounds G-R-R-R-E-A-T! Liked your picture too!
    Marsha
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Sounds like it
    is just what you needed. Have a great time. Dip a toe in the water for me.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    You look very relaxed and I
    You look very relaxed and I know you are enjoying your R & R. Have a wonderful time and continue to share your experience with us!!
  • cavediver
    is that peachfuzz on my head?
    Hmmm, the Keys sun has brought out some fuzz on my head....and I also noticed the start of some eyelashes on my upper lids........WOW, hair really will come back?!!!
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Nice photo! Glad to hear
    Nice photo! Glad to hear you're enjoying the trip...the beach and the ocean are so relaxing. I hope to hear the lymphedema is under control soon!

Hugs,

Linda
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    I'm so happy for you.
    You really look great! My husband & I decided to come back to Myrtle Beach, before my surgery December 1st, for a few days. It was wonderful to wake up this morning and have coffee on the balcony while watching the waves. Enjoy the rest of your trip. You definitely deserve it. Hugs, Jean
  • cavediver
    Jean 0609 said:

I'm so happy for you.
    You really look great! My husband & I decided to come back to Myrtle Beach, before my surgery December 1st, for a few days. It was wonderful to wake up this morning and have coffee on the balcony while watching the waves. Enjoy the rest of your trip. You definitely deserve it. Hugs, Jean

enjoy your beach time also
    we all so deserve these getaways.....the salt air is so healing to our heart and souls. hugs sent your way!
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    linpsu said:

Have fun!
    Linda

My hubby took me on a
    My hubby took me on a wonderful vacation after I finished rads too. It was amazing and a real surprise. Glad you had such a good time!

Hugs, Debby
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    cavediver said:

enjoy your beach time also
    we all so deserve these getaways.....the salt air is so healing to our heart and souls. hugs sent your way!

cavediver .. you had such a rough time with chemo - like some
    many of us 'Chemo Queens' - then to top it off -- radiation, I am so thankful that you went to a place that 'healed' your soul and heart. Relaxation and peace is wonderful - regardless of what we look like on the outside - time to concentrate on our inner health and well being, the exterior comes later! LOL

•☆.•*´¨`*••♥ Vicki Sam ♥••*´¨`*•.☆•
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Jean 0609 said:

I'm so happy for you.

Great photos! Glad you got
    Great photos! Glad you got to go and enjoyed it so much!
  • webbwife50
    webbwife50 Member Posts: 394
    Fantastic!!
    Wish I were there with you! Sounds wonderfull! You just finished treatment and I love your attitude, God bless you and keep you in peace...love alison
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Good for you and your husband
    Looking relaxed and refreshed. Heres a thought. I like old movies and theres one called "Key Largo". Has Humfrey Bogourt in it. Like I said its a thought. Hugs,Katz
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Katz77 said:

Good for you and your husband
    Looking relaxed and refreshed. Heres a thought. I like old movies and theres one called "Key Largo". Has Humfrey Bogourt in it. Like I said its a thought. Hugs,Katz

Sounds like a really
    Sounds like a really wonderful time! It is just what you needed!