I am glad I am back on chemo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2»

Comments

• Mwee
    Mwee Member Posts: 1,338
    back on chemo
    I'm glad that you're on your way and back on chemo. I also found Doxil an easier road than carbo/taxol, but as you have additional treatments, you might devolop that hand/foot syndrome if you don't ice those foooties and hands at home. I had lots of trouble with my feet that could have been prevented if I had just sat five minutes at a time with towel wrapped ice packs. I wish you the very best of luck with this drug. May your numbers fall!
    (((HUGS))) Maria
  • msfanciful
    msfanciful Member Posts: 559
    Hi Tina,
    I am so glad to

Hi Tina,

I am so glad to hear you are doing and feeling much better.

The initial reaction to recurrence with the prospect of chemo again is usually, angst and despair, because we feel like we are going to experience that awful first time of dealing with the horrible side effects of chemo. But believe it are not, it can get better for us over time.

Take it for someone who's been on 4 separate episodes of chemo...when I was on the treatment of Doxil, Carbo AND avastin, the only sensation I experienced was the hand and foot syndrome from the Doxil in which the hands and feet get very painful and discolored and dry. I didn't experience the rash many experience on the torso area though.

Doxil generally does'nt bring out the hair, but mine came out because they were also administering the carbo with it. Soooo...

I don't know if you got my message on the other site, but responding to the cold cap, I saw a story about it on Good Morning America in which they said here in America, insurance doesn't cover it, so the patients they focused on at that time found themselves having to pay out of pocket as much as $1,500.00. Augggghhh! ! ! So greedy these people.

Nevertheless; keep that spirit upbeat and positive!

Love,
    Sharon