Still no answers!

Rague
Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I wrote about about pressure/pain around right eye. Had lots of blood work on last Mon. which showed nothing 'wrong'. Had a PET on Wed which did show that there is no mets/cancer anywhere. Saw eye Dr this am. He can't find anything (other than he wanted to change my prescription so ordered new glasses for me) - no glaucoma or cataracts, or anything.

So we're back to searchng for answers.

Susan

Comments

• webbwife50
    webbwife50 Member Posts: 394
    Good News??!!!
    Dear Susan, while I know now frustrating unexplained sources of pain and discomfort are, I am very happy that nothing serious is being discussed. What a blessing considering!! Have a great day!! love and hugs...alison
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    I hate it when that happens.
    I hate it when that happens. You know there is some thing wrong but the Dr's can't find it. i hope you are feeling better soon. Take care Kay
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member

I hate it when that happens.
    I hate it when that happens. You know there is some thing wrong but the Dr's can't find it. i hope you are feeling better soon. Take care Kay

Could it be...
    neuropothy? Sometimes chemo can cause nerve damage. Have they considered that?

Roseann
  • sgamtd
    sgamtd Member Posts: 124
    Still No Answers
    Dear Rague
    Sorry to read about the pain around the eye. I had that once, only one eye was affected, this was way before b/c treatments. I did have sinus problems, and it turned out that's where the pain/pressure came from, sure felt to me that it was just my eye, not the sinus. Hope you find relief soon, no matter what is causing it.
    Best wishes
    sgamtd
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    sgamtd said:

Still No Answers
    Dear Rague
    Sorry to read about the pain around the eye. I had that once, only one eye was affected, this was way before b/c treatments. I did have sinus problems, and it turned out that's where the pain/pressure came from, sure felt to me that it was just my eye, not the sinus. Hope you find relief soon, no matter what is causing it.
    Best wishes
    sgamtd

yes I was wondering about
    yes I was wondering about the sinuses too!
  • Rague
    carkris said:

yes I was wondering about
    yes I was wondering about the sinuses too!

Sinus are not at all
    Sinus are not at all suspected. I have had sinsus issues over the years MANY times but this is not at all like those (blood work doesn't support that probablity/possibility either).

Neuropathy hasn't been discussed yet - first was to rule out mets and second to rule out eye issues - both done now. Last Chemo was Jan 28, 10 - had no neuropathy problems with them. The 4 mg Dex is keeping the pressure/pain under control for 24 hrs (it will come back at 36 hrs IF I wait til then to take it). That's not the answser though to just keep taking pills.
  • Scotch Freckles
    Scotch Freckles Member Posts: 273 Member
    Rague said:

Sinus are not at all
    Sinus are not at all suspected. I have had sinsus issues over the years MANY times but this is not at all like those (blood work doesn't support that probablity/possibility either).

Neuropathy hasn't been discussed yet - first was to rule out mets and second to rule out eye issues - both done now. Last Chemo was Jan 28, 10 - had no neuropathy problems with them. The 4 mg Dex is keeping the pressure/pain under control for 24 hrs (it will come back at 36 hrs IF I wait til then to take it). That's not the answser though to just keep taking pills.

Unscrew it
    I had similar pain in left eye. Pressure, pain, couldn't stand light, just wanted to bury my fingers in and around eye and unscrew it from it's socket. Turned out to be my type of migrane headache. I changed jobs, roommates, and problem finally went it's way. Hope your's is as simple.
  • Rague

Unscrew it
    I had similar pain in left eye. Pressure, pain, couldn't stand light, just wanted to bury my fingers in and around eye and unscrew it from it's socket. Turned out to be my type of migrane headache. I changed jobs, roommates, and problem finally went it's way. Hope your's is as simple.

Light doesn't effect at all.
    Light doesn't effect at all. Actually eye doesn't feel pressure/pain at all - it's around and behind. Vicodan didn't help at all - the Dex does. Basically never have headaches - can't remember the last one I had. Changing jobs is not an option - unless I quite being a stay at home wife and Hubby of almost 35 years is the only 'roomate' (unless you want to include the dogs and my bunny - well, the horses but they aren't 'at home').

Susan
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Sorry to hear about this
    Sorry to hear about this pain and frustration. I hope you and the docs find the answer soon, because you're right about the pills.

Please keep sharing, you'll be in my thoughts.

Linda
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Sorry to hear about this
    Sorry to hear about this pain and frustration. I hope you and the docs find the answer soon, because you're right about the pills.

Please keep sharing, you'll be in my thoughts.

Linda

This may sound strange .. but I swear by this ... no kidding
    Ice pak, or frozen corn/peas .. placed around a clean kitchen towel -- place on your forehead - no contact with eyes or eye sockets, wait 10 minutes .. helps with the inflamation surrounding your eyes..

I would then go for a 2nd opinion - outside of medical group your currently involved with -- you need relief!

Best of luck,

Vicki Sam