One of Those Human Experiences I will Never Forget

HeartofSoul
HeartofSoul Member Posts: 729 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I was just speaking with another member here in CSN and her cousin decided it was time to enter hospice as his own Dr. agreed. When attempts were made by the patient to enroll in hospice, he was told there is a waiting list as they have no openings. Talk about adding insult to injury, if I was in that merciless situation, Id tell hospice it wont be necessary to call back as Ill handle things from here. Have a nice day.

I have always admired a man like Dr Kevorkian and what he provided to those that were at peace with leaving this world and in a dignified manner. I will never forget the courage and will of those individuals who, in their own hearts and minds, knew it was time without prolonging the pain and suffering one day longer.

Comments

• smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    That's Awful I have never
    That's Awful I have never heard of this before. How the heck can you put some one on hold for hospice????? What state is this in?? I am so sorry for the cousin I'm sending prayers for your friend and her cousin and their family. Soo very sorry Kay
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member

That's Awful I have never
    That's Awful I have never heard of this before. How the heck can you put some one on hold for hospice????? What state is this in?? I am so sorry for the cousin I'm sending prayers for your friend and her cousin and their family. Soo very sorry Kay

so sorry
    I know some hospice are volunteers-do they have paid employee as well , I wonder?

How about palative care...? (sp?) When my mom was dieing (not cancer) they called in Palative care, which I think is close to hospice!

HOPE things get better...
  • winsomebulldog
    winsomebulldog Member Posts: 117 Member

so sorry
    I know some hospice are volunteers-do they have paid employee as well , I wonder?

How about palative care...? (sp?) When my mom was dieing (not cancer) they called in Palative care, which I think is close to hospice!

HOPE things get better...

My sister was a hospice nurse
    My sister was a hospice RN in Texas. She worked for a hospice agency & was paid for it. They cared for her when she had lung cancer. I assume hospice is different everywhere, but I can't imagine ANY hospice telling someone to "try again later." at the very least, I'd have expected them to offer alternatives. What a shameful way to treat someone who's already gotten the worst news.

Prayers & blessings to all,

Jenn