Arimidex - Dry Skin Patches

Different Ballgame
Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Those who are on Arimidex, are any of you noticing dry skin patches various sizes and on various parts of the body? I have a reputation for having great skin. In the last week or so I am noticing dry skin patches (big and small) popping up. Also, on side of neck starting from ear to shoulder, skin feels like elephant hide without the hair. (Started Arimidex on March 18, 2010.)

Janelle

Comments

• lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    In general, my skin seems
    In general, my skin seems very dry, but I don't have any patches of it. Are you thinking of having them checked out by a dermatologist? xoxoxo Lynn
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    lynn1950 said:

In general, my skin seems very dry, but I don't have any patches of it. Are you thinking of having them checked out by a dermatologist? xoxoxo Lynn

Could you have developed thyroid issues?
    I was told that the treatments for bc can cause our thyroids to go out of whack. My PC said my thyroid seemed fine but my NP said I was missing nutrients necessary for proper thyroid function. I take 5 mg of salenium 2 x per day and my skin is much better. She could tell just by looking at my skin that my thyroid wasn't right.

Roseann
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    roseann4 said:

Could you have developed thyroid issues?
    I was told that the treatments for bc can cause our thyroids to go out of whack. My PC said my thyroid seemed fine but my NP said I was missing nutrients necessary for proper thyroid function. I take 5 mg of salenium 2 x per day and my skin is much better. She could tell just by looking at my skin that my thyroid wasn't right.

Roseann

Very interesting, Janelle
    I've only been on Arimidex since July and have not noticed any skin changes yet. However, I will be watching. I'm so hoping I continue to do well on this drug. I have a history of having to discontinue pharmaceuticals for one reason or another. So far, so good for me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and staying positive. I hope your reaction is temporary and easily managed. Keep us Arimidex girls posted.

Hugs, Renee
  • Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    lynn1950 said:

Not Yet
    I know my skin very well. I do have skin allergies, but never did I experience what I am now experiencing. I first want the radiation oncologist and hematology oncologist to view them. My problem is that I just decided to fire my hematologist who is one of the most important doctors. I have lost all respect and confidence in her.

We will see what this week brings.

Janelle