I can just go buy a bra! (or: SATURDAY SHOPPING NEWS)

bluwillo
bluwillo Member Posts: 113
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I went to the L'eggs outlet store today and as I was checking out, decided to be bold and ask them if they had any bras for mastectomy patients(they also carry the Playtex brand). Lo and behold,they had two styles that will hold the prosthetic! A choice of colors and styles..who knew?

The one I got is the Playtex 18 hour V neckline with "breathable comfort lining", model #4608 wire-free. the lining is open at the top, which is where one can insert prosthetic. Cool, huh?

Turns out, this store's manager had BC and decided they should stock more of these kinds of bras so we Pink Warriors can have a choice! The price? $19.99...but if I had bought 3, the price would have been $15.00 each. So, I'll try this one out, then if it works, I can take my receipt in and get two more, all at the sale price.

Oh, and then I wandered on down to the Pendleton store, hoping to find a new kilt. I'm an old Catholic school girl, and it's cold, so it's time for the wool pleated skirts, doncha know! The only plaid skirts they had were...uh...well, let's just say they're every teenage boy's dream....and I work in the prosecutor's office, so definately not appropriate for work. But, I did find....HEAVEN!

A red wool (really fine wool) shawl, cut the right way. It sits on my shoulders, it's more triangular than rectangular, so I won't have to be fussing with it all the time. As noted above, I live where it's cold, and I'm cheap (thermostat never gets above 66, unless there's company) so this is perfect. It was a little expensive ($30.00) but I've been looking for something like this for years.

Oh, and to top it off, Walmart has $50.00 iTunes cards for $35.00, in store only, and I think today is the last day. They've moved just the 50's back to electronics, so don't give up if you don't see them with the rest of the gift cards. Of course, there's a limit of 2....that's why God created "separate transactions"!

Whew, I'm whipped. Think I'll test drive the shawl for nap-a-bility!

Comments