Fatigue

disneyfan2008
disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Exactly what is fatigue? During my radiation I was asked all the time if I was fatigued? I said I DONT" THINK SO..they said you would know if you were...

Am I the only one who is not sure exactly the symptoms are?

Comments

• Snowkitty
    Snowkitty Member Posts: 295
    Fatigue is total exaustion.
    Fatigue is total exaustion. Nothing like being tired. I woke up on my 26th rad day exhausted after 8 hours sleep. When I was done w/rads that day at work I was trying to change a waste carteridge in my printer. After 15 minutes, someone had to do it for me. I have had this printer for 9 years and have changed it many times. Couldn't figure it out. Rad techs said it was rad fatigue. Fortunately, it goes away very quickly...I'm on 4 out of 7 boosts and I'm starting to feel great.

Take care, Cindy
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Snowkitty said:

Fatigue is total exaustion.
    Fatigue is total exaustion. Nothing like being tired. I woke up on my 26th rad day exhausted after 8 hours sleep. When I was done w/rads that day at work I was trying to change a waste carteridge in my printer. After 15 minutes, someone had to do it for me. I have had this printer for 9 years and have changed it many times. Couldn't figure it out. Rad techs said it was rad fatigue. Fortunately, it goes away very quickly...I'm on 4 out of 7 boosts and I'm starting to feel great.

Take care, Cindy

wow...i guess I DID NOT HAVE for sure..
    I am HIGH energy person to start with I TOLD MY radaition team/ drs that maybe it would put me at NORMAL level for my age.(51 yrs) During my 8 wks daily treatments I was well enough to work full time,(did treatments on my lunch hour) I even packed a friends HOUSE with 30 yrs of JUNK/stuff every night for weeks-alone...

So Happy you fatigue went away...GOOD TO hear...thanks for info!
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

wow...i guess I DID NOT HAVE for sure..
    I am HIGH energy person to start with I TOLD MY radaition team/ drs that maybe it would put me at NORMAL level for my age.(51 yrs) During my 8 wks daily treatments I was well enough to work full time,(did treatments on my lunch hour) I even packed a friends HOUSE with 30 yrs of JUNK/stuff every night for weeks-alone...

So Happy you fatigue went away...GOOD TO hear...thanks for info!

you are unique
    disney you are unique
  • beetle25
    beetle25 Member Posts: 150 Member

you are unique
    disney you are unique

Unfortunetly I am still
    Unfortunetly I am still experiencing the fatigue from rads. The rads onc said that is due to the fact that I worked everyday through rads and that I have a high stress job. I am really hoping that it goes away soon, so tired of being tired. But I have an appointment with my Medical Onc coming up and I will talk to him about it and see what he suggests.
  • webbwife50
    webbwife50 Member Posts: 394

you are unique
    disney you are unique

Wow!
    I can not believe that anyone who is, or has, gone through any amount of cancer treatment doesn't know what "fatigue" is????? If you are for real, you are a "lucky one", that is for sure! God bless your heart...alison