Activia

Annette 11
Annette 11 Member Posts: 380
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I know I have brought up this subject before, but I found another product to add to our list, it works 100% of the time I just want to pass it along because most of us have this problem and our new pink sisters need to know remedies when going thru chemo. Constipation was a major problem for me. Not anymore because I discovered ACTIVIA BY DANNON! That stuff is amazing and I think it's better than taking pills for constipation. Have you tried it? I never bought it before...it taste good too.
Annette

Comments

• canjuncutie
    canjuncutie Member Posts: 131
    I tried it
    It good. Mine was greek style yourut to help with keeping the tummy happy thru the red devil it worked.Along with coke to drink .
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    I LOVED this stuff!!!!!
    Especially during my first cancer, rectal....it restored the 'flora and fauna' to my bowel after rads killed it all....

I now take probiotics thru pills...sadly, the chemo for my breast cancer that followed the rectal left me lactose intollerant....BUT ALIVE!!!

My daughter eats a cup of Activia a day...loves it, too!

Hugs, Kathi
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    KathiM said:

I LOVED this stuff!!!!!
    Especially during my first cancer, rectal....it restored the 'flora and fauna' to my bowel after rads killed it all....

I now take probiotics thru pills...sadly, the chemo for my breast cancer that followed the rectal left me lactose intollerant....BUT ALIVE!!!

My daughter eats a cup of Activia a day...loves it, too!

Hugs, Kathi

"Yogurt made with active and
    "Yogurt made with active and live bacterial cultures is a good source of calcium for many people with lactose intolerance. When this type of yogurt enters the intestine, the bacterial cultures convert lactose to lactic acid, so the yogurt may be well-tolerated due to a lower lactose content than yogurt without live cultures. Frozen yogurt does not contain bacterial cultures, so it may not be well-tolerated."

I just read this online from a "trusted site"~ Reggie is severely lactose intolerant~ it runs rampant in the Native American community, and he can and does eat either live culture yogurt as well as the drinkable yogurt/probiotics every day.

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • KathiM
    chenheart said:

"Yogurt made with active and
    "Yogurt made with active and live bacterial cultures is a good source of calcium for many people with lactose intolerance. When this type of yogurt enters the intestine, the bacterial cultures convert lactose to lactic acid, so the yogurt may be well-tolerated due to a lower lactose content than yogurt without live cultures. Frozen yogurt does not contain bacterial cultures, so it may not be well-tolerated."

I just read this online from a "trusted site"~ Reggie is severely lactose intolerant~ it runs rampant in the Native American community, and he can and does eat either live culture yogurt as well as the drinkable yogurt/probiotics every day.

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Wow!!! REALLY?????? Cool!!!!
    I will try this, dearheart!!! I used to LOVE my Activia!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

BIG hugs to both you and Reggie!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • LadyParvati
    LadyParvati Member Posts: 328
    KathiM said:

Wow!!! REALLY?????? Cool!!!!
    I will try this, dearheart!!! I used to LOVE my Activia!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

BIG hugs to both you and Reggie!!!

Hugs, Kathi

Also, if someone has
    Also, if someone has problems after eating commercial yogurt-fruit blends, it's often due to other ingredients (corn syrup, ???). I make my own yogurt and mix fresh fruit with it--it's not so sweet (though I used to add honey, I got to where I like it less sweet) so lower in calories, I can mix in as much fruit as I like, and it's got all those wonderful active cultures! YUM!

Sandy
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member

Also, if someone has
    Also, if someone has problems after eating commercial yogurt-fruit blends, it's often due to other ingredients (corn syrup, ???). I make my own yogurt and mix fresh fruit with it--it's not so sweet (though I used to add honey, I got to where I like it less sweet) so lower in calories, I can mix in as much fruit as I like, and it's got all those wonderful active cultures! YUM!

Sandy

I used to make my yogurt all
    I used to make my yogurt all of the time with one of those Salton yogurt makers. It was a lot of fun too. Maybe I'll start back--you've inspired me Sandy.
  • I used to make my yogurt all
    I used to make my yogurt all of the time with one of those Salton yogurt makers. It was a lot of fun too. Maybe I'll start back--you've inspired me Sandy.

Gave up sugar for cancer
    You know how some people give up chocolate for Lent?

Conventional wisdom suggested giving up sugar, so the yogurts were one of the first things to go. In hindsight, I had only been eating them sporadically for the last few years before my diagnosis. We tried the Activia challenge at work and were disappointed.

Godspeed...errr...maybe you'd prefer God's regularity.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Gave up sugar for cancer

Conventional wisdom suggested giving up sugar, so the yogurts were one of the first things to go. In hindsight, I had only been eating them sporadically for the last few years before my diagnosis. We tried the Activia challenge at work and were disappointed.

I have friends who love
    I have friends who love activia I just dont like it. I use another kind with probiotics and Vit D and calcium. It does contain sugar but I dont avoid sugar just try to limit it.
  • KathiM

Gave up sugar for cancer

lol!
    Hugs, Kathi