edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Marsha, how are you doing on Navelbine?

Let us know.

SIROD

Comments

• Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    i'm still here!
    I'm still here and doing OK. Don't SEEM to have as many side effects from the Navelbine, carrying on my normal routine! The best part is (and I hope I'm not jumping the gun) that I do believe the tumors in the breast are once again shrinking. History says that what's happening in the breast is also happening in the liver, bones, skin, and lymph nodes. I'll go with that assumption until I know otherwise. Fairly sure I won't have any more scans until 2011 - unless, heaven forbid there is something that demands testing sooner. My next appointment with my onc is November 12.

Thanks for checking on me! I've continued to read here but have posted only a couple of times lately. When I have no knowledge of a subject (ie: surgeries and certain treatments), I don't comment.

As always and best wishes to all.
    Marsha
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598

i'm still here!
    I'm still here and doing OK. Don't SEEM to have as many side effects from the Navelbine, carrying on my normal routine! The best part is (and I hope I'm not jumping the gun) that I do believe the tumors in the breast are once again shrinking. History says that what's happening in the breast is also happening in the liver, bones, skin, and lymph nodes. I'll go with that assumption until I know otherwise. Fairly sure I won't have any more scans until 2011 - unless, heaven forbid there is something that demands testing sooner. My next appointment with my onc is November 12.

Thanks for checking on me! I've continued to read here but have posted only a couple of times lately. When I have no knowledge of a subject (ie: surgeries and certain treatments), I don't comment.

Marsha

Glad you don't have many
    Glad you don't have many side effects Marsha with Navelbine. And, really great news if your tumors are shrinking. Will keep praying for you!
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Alexis F said:

Glad you don't have many
    Glad you don't have many side effects Marsha with Navelbine. And, really great news if your tumors are shrinking. Will keep praying for you!

Glad to see your post
    Marsha glad to hear that you are doing well. You have a very positive influence on this board I enjoy reading your post.
    Hope you are continuing progress.
    Thinking and praying for you
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

Glad to see your post
    Marsha glad to hear that you are doing well. You have a very positive influence on this board I enjoy reading your post.
    Hope you are continuing progress.
    Thinking and praying for you

Hi Marsha
    Happy to see that you are feeling better and getting back to "normal". We have missed you on here and glad you updated us.

Sending prayers and hugs to you and good luck with your oncologist appointment. Let us know how that goes Marsha.

Sue :)
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Ritzy said:

Hi Marsha
    Happy to see that you are feeling better and getting back to "normal". We have missed you on here and glad you updated us.

Sending prayers and hugs to you and good luck with your oncologist appointment. Let us know how that goes Marsha.

Well that sounds like wonderful news, Miss
    Marsha .. So happy to hear it, and feeling a little bit better to at least carry on with normal activities - not that's good news.

Thinking and praying for you.

Strength and Courage ..

Vicki Sam
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Ritzy said:

Hi Marsha

I also read your pm. Sounds
    I also read your pm. Sounds like good news, and that is what I need to hear. I guess this may be an option for me if the taxatere is not working.
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    VickiSam said:

Well that sounds like wonderful news, Miss
    Marsha .. So happy to hear it, and feeling a little bit better to at least carry on with normal activities - not that's good news.

Thinking and praying for you.

Strength and Courage ..

Vicki Sam

Glad to know you are feeling
    Glad to know you are feeling somewhat better Marsha. Praying for you!
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member

i'm still here!

Marsha

Navelbine
    Dear Marsha,

I am so happy that you are tolerating Navelbine. One never knows how a drug will react. Glad that the side effects are not awful. I am hoping this will be the one to shrink those tumors into oblivion.

One lady I knew would only allow her oncologist to scan her once a year. Her tumor markers worked well so she had that option. Mine don't work at all. I hope you won't need another scan for a long time in 2011.

Best to you,

SIROD
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    SIROD said:

Navelbine
    Dear Marsha,

I am so happy that you are tolerating Navelbine. One never knows how a drug will react. Glad that the side effects are not awful. I am hoping this will be the one to shrink those tumors into oblivion.

One lady I knew would only allow her oncologist to scan her once a year. Her tumor markers worked well so she had that option. Mine don't work at all. I hope you won't need another scan for a long time in 2011.

Best to you,

SIROD

Sounds like your treatment
    Sounds like your treatment is going well for you Marsha. Sending positive thoughts, prayers and good luck for your next appt.
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Bumping cuz of spammer
    Bumping
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    jo jo said:

Bumping cuz of spammer
    Bumping

Happy to know that your
    Happy to know that your treatment is working Marsha. Sending good luck also for your appointment. Keep us updated.

Hugs, Megan
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Megan M said:

Happy to know that your
    Happy to know that your treatment is working Marsha. Sending good luck also for your appointment. Keep us updated.

Hugs, Megan

Glad everything is going well for you Marsha. ♥ Kristin ♥