Ok...I just couldn't help myself! I did groan and laugh at this one! Hope you do too!!!

chenheart
chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
There were two Catholic boys, Timothy Murphy and Antonio Secola, whose lives parallel each other in amazing ways. In the same year Timothy was born in Ireland, Antonio was born in Italy

Faithfully they attended parochial School from kindergarten through their senior year in high school. They took their vows to enter the priesthood early in college, and upon graduation, became priests.

Their careers had come to amaze the world, but it was generally acknowledged that Antonio Secola was just a cut above Timothy Murphy in all respects.

Their rise through the ranks of Bishop, Archbishop and finally Cardinal was swift to say the least, and the Catholic world knew that when the present Pope died, it would be one of the two who would become the Next Pope.

In time the Pope did die, and the College of Cardinals went to work. In less time than anyone had expected, white smoke rose from the chimney and the world waited to see whom they had chosen.

The world, Catholic, Protestant and secular, was surprised to learn that Timothy Murphy had been elected Pope!

Antonio Secola was beyond surprise. He was devastated, because even with all of Timothy's gifts, Antonio knew he was the better qualified.

With gall that shocked the Cardinals, Antonio Secola asked for a private session with them in which he candidly asked, "Why Timothy?"

After a long silence, an old Cardinal took pity on the bewildered man and rose to reply. "We knew you were the better of the two, but we just could not bear the thought of the leader of the Roman Catholic Church being called POPE SECOLA.

Comments

• MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Ha-Ha-HA!
    Okay, I groaned too but followed that with a chuckle. Thanks, Chen!!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

Ha-Ha-HA!
    Okay, I groaned too but followed that with a chuckle. Thanks, Chen!!

Groaned .. chuckled then laughed out Loud ...
    Thanks, Miss ChenHeart
  • rainbow4
    rainbow4 Member Posts: 137
    Oh, No!
    I can't stand it! that wins the "groaner of the year" award, as far as I'm concerned. Or maybe it's just my frame of mind today. Thanks, Chen!
    -rainbow4
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    I am laughing and laughing!!!!!
    Oh, Chen, I did NOT see that one coming!!!

Thanks for the belly laugh!!!!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    KathiM said:

I am laughing and laughing!!!!!
    Oh, Chen, I did NOT see that one coming!!!

Thanks for the belly laugh!!!!!!

Hugs, Kathi

Nobody like our Chen funny!

• chenheart
    carkris said:

My pleasure, ladies!

My pleasure, ladies!
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    chenheart said:

My pleasure, ladies!

My pleasure, ladies!

maybe
    Maybe you really do have a delusional kemo sabe brain!
    This was cute, thanks.
    Marsha
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member

maybe
    Maybe you really do have a delusional kemo sabe brain!
    This was cute, thanks.
    Marsha

I did not see this punchline
    I did not see this punchline coming and it is so funny.
  • chenheart
    fauxma said:

I did not see this punchline
    I did not see this punchline coming and it is so funny.

Doesn't that make it
    Doesn't that make it hilarious? My brain is always racing ahead figuring these jokes out too, but this one caught me by surprise too~ which is why I posted it!
  • It is a groan
    Claudia,

It is a grown but a clever one. I also did not know where this was going. Good punch line. LOL

Hugs,
    Janelle