Please explain bumping

skipper85
skipper85 Member Posts: 229
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
and what is considered spam. I don't want to post anything that I'm not supposed to. How do you bump people who are spamming?

Thanks

Skipper85

Comments

• Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Bumping up
    is when someone makes a new post to bring an old one back up to the first page so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle so to speak. I don't know if you can actually bump people that are spamming. The spammers posts are numerous & contain click-on links. Don't EVER click on the links! Hope that helps.
    ♥ Cat
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Cat64 said:

Bumping up
    is when someone makes a new post to bring an old one back up to the first page so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle so to speak. I don't know if you can actually bump people that are spamming. The spammers posts are numerous & contain click-on links. Don't EVER click on the links! Hope that helps.
    ♥ Cat

i too was wondering
    when I saw Bump or spam! It's terrible people feel the need to do things like that>>
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159

i too was wondering
    when I saw Bump or spam! It's terrible people feel the need to do things like that>>

Bumping is 99.999999% of the
    Bumping is 99.999999% of the time NOT a bad thing! Spamming of course, always is is!

I for example posted about the ornament exchange~ eventually, depending on how many other posts/reponses other topics generate, it moved down the page or to page 2 or 3. I (or someone else) can go to that post, and type in BUMP as a reply, and it will move that topic back to the top of page one !
    It simply makes a post visible to ones who may have missed it. Ditto when someone asks about anything~ if we know it has recently been addressed, we can find the original post and bump it back up. It oftentimes saves repeating a topic which has been addressed multiple times.

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    chenheart said:

Bumping is 99.999999% of the
    Bumping is 99.999999% of the time NOT a bad thing! Spamming of course, always is is!

I for example posted about the ornament exchange~ eventually, depending on how many other posts/reponses other topics generate, it moved down the page or to page 2 or 3. I (or someone else) can go to that post, and type in BUMP as a reply, and it will move that topic back to the top of page one !
    It simply makes a post visible to ones who may have missed it. Ditto when someone asks about anything~ if we know it has recently been addressed, we can find the original post and bump it back up. It oftentimes saves repeating a topic which has been addressed multiple times.

Hugs,
    Chen♥

What is bumping?
    It looks like since the spamming, some bumped up or moved to the top again the most recent posts. Otherwise they would get lost.

When you bump a post, it just means that you reply to it.

I cannot understand why someone would ever even spam a cancer site, but, there are sick people out there and apparently, some have found their way here.

If you see spamming, contact CSN, and hopefully, one of the staff will delete them. You can send an email to them at the top right of the page.

However, that still leaves the old posts here.

Just enjoy the site for what it is, a huge help to all of us sisters fighting bc.
  • skipper85
    skipper85 Member Posts: 229
    THANKS - I GET IT NOW

Actually the bumping thing is a good idea. Thanks for the feedback.

Skipper