Menstruation

chriskaput
chriskaput Member Posts: 109
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I just turned 40 in Aug. My menstruation stopped when I started chemo. in June. Actually it stopped in July. I was wondering if any of you pre-menopausal women got your period back after chemo. finished??

I don't want it back and was just wondering! LOL

Comments

• seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    me too
    I have not had a period since Sep. 2007. I was 43 when I started chemo, 46 now. I have been off of chemo nearly a year and a half. Oncologist told me it may start up again up to a year after I stopped, or it might not. I have had 3 days with some spotting during that time. I use light protection every day, just in case, but I am guessing that it would have come back before now if it was going to. Time will tell, I guess.

seof
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    I didn't want it back
    I didn't want it back either, but it came back a few months after I finished chemo, regular as clockwork. It was lighter and lasted fewer days as I was on tamoxifen. Now I'm postmenopausal and happy about it ;-)
  • I didn't want it back
    I didn't want it back either, but it came back a few months after I finished chemo, regular as clockwork. It was lighter and lasted fewer days as I was on tamoxifen. Now I'm postmenopausal and happy about it ;-)

Aunt Flo
    I was still having periods at 53 when I started chemo. They ceased around my third round of TAC right before my 54th birthday this past spring. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that chemically induced menopause has arrived and I can starting being the old crone I have always dreamed of becoming.
  • pinkflutterby
    pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member

Aunt Flo
    I was still having periods at 53 when I started chemo. They ceased around my third round of TAC right before my 54th birthday this past spring. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that chemically induced menopause has arrived and I can starting being the old crone I have always dreamed of becoming.

mine also stopped 43 yrs
    mine also stopped 43 yrs old. Not back and DONT WANT IT BACK!!
  • e_hope
    e_hope Member Posts: 370
    stopped
    Mine stopped after my first chemo. Tx. I was 36 now a year and 2 months after finishing chemo 37 it still has not come back. Oncologist states it may or may not come back... hoping for not!
  • sal314
    sal314 Member Posts: 599 Member
    I was 35 when
    I went through chemo. My period stopped during 3 of the 4 chemo treatments (4 rounds of A/C) but came back a couple months after my last treatment. My oncologist told me they more than likely would return. Had I been a little older, he said they may not.

They also went away while I was on Tamoxifen. Now that I'm done with the 5 years, it's returned like clock work! Dang! It was the only side effect that I actually liked! LOL.

Sally
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    sal314 said:

I was 35 when
    I went through chemo. My period stopped during 3 of the 4 chemo treatments (4 rounds of A/C) but came back a couple months after my last treatment. My oncologist told me they more than likely would return. Had I been a little older, he said they may not.

They also went away while I was on Tamoxifen. Now that I'm done with the 5 years, it's returned like clock work! Dang! It was the only side effect that I actually liked! LOL.

Sally

Aunt Flo loves me...
    ...even though I tried to send her packing to Cousin Sally's! :-)

Chris, I was 40 when I did chemo last year. My periods were sporadic and heavy during chemo, but, by about 3-4 months after finishing chemo, they went back to being normal and regular like the sun.

I started Tamoxifen right after finishing chemo, and have been on it for almost a year now -- even Tamoxifen hasn't deterred Aunt Flo from her regular monthly visits!

My oncologist told me the same as Sally's -- whether or not chemo puts you into menopause depends a lot on how close you are to normal menopause. The younger you are, the more likely that Aunt Flo will come a'knockin' again!

Traci
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Bumping cuz of spammers

Bumping cuz of spammers
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Dang- mine were regular like
    Dang- mine were regular like clockwork the entire time i was on chemo.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Dang- mine were regular like
    Dang- mine were regular like clockwork the entire time i was on chemo.

Now that's a first .. Miss HeatherBelle
    like clockwork .. even during chemo - never heard of this before. I have been suffering thru cramping, mood swings and heat flashes - no Aunt Flo! I have all the other smptoms! LOL ..

Vicki
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    VickiSam said:

Now that's a first .. Miss HeatherBelle
    like clockwork .. even during chemo - never heard of this before. I have been suffering thru cramping, mood swings and heat flashes - no Aunt Flo! I have all the other smptoms! LOL ..

Vicki

when I was 34 it did come
    when I was 34 it did come back during chemo, now at my advanced age it did not. but I dont miss it. I think if I had gone into menopause at 34 I would have been sad, I think because I wasnt sure I was done having kids.I was ....