Lady Parvati

Cat64
Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Welcome Back! How are things going with you? We've missed you! :-)
♥ Cat

Comments

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    You are right .. I recall seeing a posting or two from
    Miss Lady Parvati ..

How's life ?

Vicki
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    VickiSam said:

You are right .. I recall seeing a posting or two from
    Miss Lady Parvati ..

How's life ?

Vicki

yes we missed you!

yes we missed you!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Thanks for posting this! I
    Thanks for posting this! I too have missed our Lady P!! How are you?

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    I Got Excited and Relieved when I saw Lady Parvati's response
    I got excited and also was relieved to see a response to a posting...just happened to be mine...that came from Lady Parvati. Very happy to hear from her and look forward to reading her postings.

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle
  • Scotch Freckles
    Scotch Freckles Member Posts: 273 Member
    Is There A Lady In The House?
    Welcome back. Just letting us know just with a bleep in another post is enough to set the board on fire.

Scotch Freckles
  • LadyParvati
    LadyParvati Member Posts: 328

Is There A Lady In The House?
    Welcome back. Just letting us know just with a bleep in another post is enough to set the board on fire.

Scotch Freckles

OMG, you crazy sisters! OK,
    OMG, you crazy sisters! OK, yes I was gone for a long time, and I'm sorry. I may pop in once in awhile, I may disappear again for awhile, but I shall return again, I promise!

I am doing well. After the end of my chemo (and the allergic reaction to the blood transfusion and the horrible UTI), I started my rads, and I finished those in June. So I graduated! Last week I had my one-year mammogram on the left and my six-month on the right and both were clear--as several of you who are Friends on FaceBook already know!

Remodeling on our house started while I was in chemo--crazy, huh?! We had been on the builder's list for two years, so I wasn't about to let anything, not even cancer treatment, delay that remodeling! It has been crazy, though. We had a roof leak, too. I had to empty two closets (really one long tunnel closet for two bedrooms) so they could be cedar-lined and redesigned and wash everything in them because the clothes had molded--UGH! I'm still washing and rehanging. But guess what? I'm donating a bunch of my clothes to the Vietnam Veterans Association (they called today while I was sorting so I said they could have the clothes) because I lost so much weight during chemo that I can't wear them any more.

I needed to lose that weight--I was getting pretty plump! (Though if I'd had my "druthers," I wouldn't have chosen chemo as a weight-loss tactic!) Now I'm walking two miles most days (sometimes three, and my youngest/21-year-old son & I walked in the Race for the Cure in OKC in October) and doing yoga nearly every day--I've become a yoga addict! And I found out that there are yoga exercises specifically for scoliosis, which I have, so I'm making my back better too. And the walking and yoga are helping with my restless leg syndrome! If only I'd gotten so smart BEFORE cancer! Hah!

Cancer was truly a gift in more ways than one!

I am so glad to see that there are others who continue to help new sisters and to give them courage. You are all such wonderful sources of inspiration! Thank you!

Blessings & Love, Sandy
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Bumping cuz of spammer

Bumping cuz of spammer