baby asprin-low does asprin

disneyfan2008
disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Just wondering if most everyone takes baby asprin daily?

Comments

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Not I .. baby asprin .. to regulator (?)
    I've never heard of this ..

Vicki Sam
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    I take one, but because my
    I take one, but because my cardiologist prescribed it after my heart attack. I didn't take one before though.
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    My pcp
    put me on baby aspirin several years ago. I do have to stop taking it before surgeries. I got the ok to start taking it again shortly after starting chemo. Unfortunately I didn't know I should have stopped it before having a MRI stereostatic breast biopsy and my poor boob had the biggest bruise ever. I had the breast removed in the end )-:
    Char
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    I read
    an article not too long ago that mentioned taking one a week to help keep the beast from reoccurring. I believe it was directed towards certain types though, but I take one anyway. I will look for the article and send you the website for more info.
    ♥ Cat
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Cat64 said:

I read
    an article not too long ago that mentioned taking one a week to help keep the beast from reoccurring. I believe it was directed towards certain types though, but I take one anyway. I will look for the article and send you the website for more info.
    ♥ Cat

I dont but have been
    I dont but have been thinking about it, glad you reminded me!
  • Miss Murphy
    Miss Murphy Member Posts: 302
    I Do!
    I've been taking one baby asprin a day for quite awhile. My PCP told me I should way before I got bc. I have high blood pressure so that's why.

Hugs, Sally
  • disneyfan2008

I Do!
    I've been taking one baby asprin a day for quite awhile. My PCP told me I should way before I got bc. I have high blood pressure so that's why.

Hugs, Sally

my oncologist is the one who told me to take daily
    I thought due to tamoxifen...I"LL have to ask why? I did ask last visit should I con't taking it and she said YES>>>

I have taken folic acid daily for about 18 yrs...due to my U.C.
  • pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431

my oncologist is the one who told me to take daily
    I thought due to tamoxifen...I"LL have to ask why? I did ask last visit should I con't taking it and she said YES>>>

I have taken folic acid daily for about 18 yrs...due to my U.C.

Disneyfan question
    What is UC? Maybe I missed it on one of your posts, but I'm at a loss as to what it is.

Thanks!
  • disneyfan2008
    pattimc said:

Disneyfan question
    What is UC? Maybe I missed it on one of your posts, but I'm at a loss as to what it is.

Thanks!

ulcertive colitis..sorry ops
    I have have U.C. for 18 yrs..very limited diet that I could etc. Since on Tamoxifen I can eat anything and not effect me. Ironically while going through radiation my U.C. was the worst it has ever been and I was put on steriods (for first time ever) and now in total remission!
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192

ulcertive colitis..sorry ops
    I have have U.C. for 18 yrs..very limited diet that I could etc. Since on Tamoxifen I can eat anything and not effect me. Ironically while going through radiation my U.C. was the worst it has ever been and I was put on steriods (for first time ever) and now in total remission!

DisneyFan
    Or anyone else interested
    Here is the website for the article:
    www.qualityhealth.com/breast-cancer-articles/aspirin-breast-cancer-survival
    Please make sure to check with your doctor first!
    ♥ Cat
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Cat64 said:

DisneyFan
    Or anyone else interested
    Here is the website for the article:
    www.qualityhealth.com/breast-cancer-articles/aspirin-breast-cancer-survival
    Please make sure to check with your doctor first!
    ♥ Cat

Thanks .. everyone .. now this makes sense ....
    Cat64 .. thank you for the article and findings!

Vicki Sam
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    I've been meaning to. I was
    I've been meaning to. I was told that once you have cancer you are at an increased risk of blood clots. I never got to it. But there is information now that it might help prevent a recurrance of bc. I'm under the impression though that you don't need to take it every day ~ that 3 days/week is enough although I can't remember exactly where I got that from. Even on low dose, long term use can cause problems so you should at least tell your doc about it. This page has lots of info from Medical News Today about aspirin and bc.

Medical News Today

jan
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member

I've been meaning to. I was
    I've been meaning to. I was told that once you have cancer you are at an increased risk of blood clots. I never got to it. But there is information now that it might help prevent a recurrance of bc. I'm under the impression though that you don't need to take it every day ~ that 3 days/week is enough although I can't remember exactly where I got that from. Even on low dose, long term use can cause problems so you should at least tell your doc about it. This page has lots of info from Medical News Today about aspirin and bc.

Medical News Today

jan

Yes, Jan...
    Cancer treatment puts us at higher-than-average risk for blood clots, which I did not know until it happened to me (2 leg clots) a little over a year ago. And since clots have, indeed, occured - my current/future risk is now even higher. My own med onc said "no" to taking "maintenance aspirin" for both reasons: reducing risk of clots & BC recurrance. Gentle reminder that we're all different, and should always check with our own doctors.

Kind regards, Susan
  • Yes, Jan...
    Cancer treatment puts us at higher-than-average risk for blood clots, which I did not know until it happened to me (2 leg clots) a little over a year ago. And since clots have, indeed, occured - my current/future risk is now even higher. My own med onc said "no" to taking "maintenance aspirin" for both reasons: reducing risk of clots & BC recurrance. Gentle reminder that we're all different, and should always check with our own doctors.

Kind regards, Susan

Take two and call me...
    I was instructed to immediately STOP ingesting aspirin when I was diagnosed and facing surgery. My dentist was never too keen on my taking it either.

I was told I could take acetaminophen for pain and I did following surgery. I have since moved to ibuprofen which is the only medication I now take.

Geez...I hope that doesn't sound as though I am gloating.
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508

Yes, Jan...

Kind regards, Susan

Am I interpreting your post
    Am I interpreting your post correctly when I say that not only are you at risk for blood clots but you've already had two and you are not on anything to prevent future clots?

And thank you for the gentle reminder about checking with your doctor. I don't think my "tell you doc" was strong enough considering the risks of bleeding that can occur with long term use as well as drug interactions which can also can be serious.
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member

Am I interpreting your post
    Am I interpreting your post correctly when I say that not only are you at risk for blood clots but you've already had two and you are not on anything to prevent future clots?

And thank you for the gentle reminder about checking with your doctor. I don't think my "tell you doc" was strong enough considering the risks of bleeding that can occur with long term use as well as drug interactions which can also can be serious.

Again - yes, Jan...
    Your interpretation is correct. I'll add that my med onc is also aware that I very often take OTC Aleve (due to the Arimidex SEs), per his recommendation.

Kind regards (again!), Susan
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Bumping

Bumping
  • disneyfan2008

Yes, Jan...

Kind regards, Susan

how do you know clots?
    How did you know you had 2 clots in your legs? I am sure painful...but I get very very bad cramps-charlie horse etc at night...which I have read many have-i never mentioned it to my onoclogist..i will next week...see if conntection!