Let's start over!

disneyfan2008
disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi-I posted few things the other day and caused un-intended commotion! I had cancer 2008-surgery & radiation (daily 8 wks). I took 2 wks off post surgery & worked daily throught treatments. (last one June 28, 2008)That is the ONLY date I remember-not the start, not the call to tell me or my surgery. (which is not like me since I remember every day for anything) My family and friends were great!

So Hello to everyone-!

Comments

• Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Welcome Disney
    That last tx is a day to remember! July 2nd-10 (chemo) and Sept 7-10 (rads) will always be on my mind!! It feels so good to get those behind us. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Welcome back, Disney!
    I look forward to your posts. You do come up with some very interesting topics. So, welcome back and post away!!
  • disneyfan2008
    MyTurnNow said:

Welcome back, Disney!
    I look forward to your posts. You do come up with some very interesting topics. So, welcome back and post away!!

topics
    If I am posting or starting topic I shouldn't let me know. This is all new to me!

I kind of feel guilty per say being here-I have not gone through a lot of many here-I can relate-send good wishes to everyone but MINE so easy compared. I felt that way when in waiting room for treatments. Listening to many stories -mine was so little compared. I feel very lucky, happy I never missed any annaul check ups etc.
    At the time of my cancer etc-my UC was at it's worst ever in 17 yrs-and menopause at the same time...but I must say since taking tamoxifen my UC is GREAT-total remission. So something good came out of this!
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member

topics
    If I am posting or starting topic I shouldn't let me know. This is all new to me!

I kind of feel guilty per say being here-I have not gone through a lot of many here-I can relate-send good wishes to everyone but MINE so easy compared. I felt that way when in waiting room for treatments. Listening to many stories -mine was so little compared. I feel very lucky, happy I never missed any annaul check ups etc.
    At the time of my cancer etc-my UC was at it's worst ever in 17 yrs-and menopause at the same time...but I must say since taking tamoxifen my UC is GREAT-total remission. So something good came out of this!

I didn't see the commotion....
    But, ANYONE who has heard 'you have cancer' deserves a big standing ovation for fighting the fight!!!! Darn terrorist, this cancer beast!!!!!!

Welcome to the board!!!

Hugs, Kathi

(I use my first diagnosis date...Thanksgiving, 2004, and my last treatment date, 2006 interchangably as my survival date...it really doesn't matter...I'm just happy to wake up each morning!!!)
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

topics

Welcom Disneyfan2008 .. Quick question .. do you
    live in the Los Angeles area? Disneyfan - has me thinking that perhaps you do, or you spend your vacations out here in Southern California. LOL

Vicki Sam
  • disneyfan2008
    KathiM said:

I didn't see the commotion....
    But, ANYONE who has heard 'you have cancer' deserves a big standing ovation for fighting the fight!!!! Darn terrorist, this cancer beast!!!!!!

Welcome to the board!!!

Hugs, Kathi

(I use my first diagnosis date...Thanksgiving, 2004, and my last treatment date, 2006 interchangably as my survival date...it really doesn't matter...I'm just happy to wake up each morning!!!)

commotion -maybe wrong word
    I think since so private..no info out there on me...i caused a stir...of who I was or was not...DIDN"T mean to! ops

I only remembered the date of last treatment-since I have read so many know exact dates I looked on my online calender...

Feb 27, 08 cancer results!
    April 3,09 surgery
    May 12, 08 Radiation started
    June 28, 08 LAST DAY...THIS IS THE DAY I REMEMEBER MOSTS!!!!
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Welcome Disney
    I too am a Disney fan. Hubby and I went to Disney for our honeymoon in 1975. We took our kids there 3 times and went back for our 30th wedding anniversary. Hope to take the Disney cruise for our 40th.

Glad to hear from someone who has been through bc and is still surviving! I haven't worked for the past 3 years due to a disability. I'm 61 and the 5th in my family with bc. My sister just had a recurrence after 9 years and is about to start targeted rads tomorrow where she only goes 5 days, 2x/day.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • disneyfan2008
    cahjah75 said:

Welcome Disney
    I too am a Disney fan. Hubby and I went to Disney for our honeymoon in 1975. We took our kids there 3 times and went back for our 30th wedding anniversary. Hope to take the Disney cruise for our 40th.

Glad to hear from someone who has been through bc and is still surviving! I haven't worked for the past 3 years due to a disability. I'm 61 and the 5th in my family with bc. My sister just had a recurrence after 9 years and is about to start targeted rads tomorrow where she only goes 5 days, 2x/day.
    {{hugs}} Char

I started going to dinsey
    I started going to dinsey the year it opened 1971 and have not stopped..we joined DVC (disney vacation club aka time share). My Dream of all Dreams is disney Cruise. We just went for our 25th anniversary (our first trip alone no kids or grandkids) I am the one and only with BC in my family-happy to say!

This site is great...my cancer 2008-never really looked online ..just came across this I think maybe an email from cancer support group I went to (ref: MY job-legal rights etc)
  • disneyfan2008
    VickiSam said:

Welcom Disneyfan2008 .. Quick question .. do you
    live in the Los Angeles area? Disneyfan - has me thinking that perhaps you do, or you spend your vacations out here in Southern California. LOL

Vicki Sam

NYS-life time resident
    NO I am addicted to Disney World in Florida! Even though I have been more times then I can count...my treat to myself after radiation was girls week and it was great. As I laid on the table daily for treatments (even though no pain, not bad etc) I just thought Mickey Mickey mickey...helped me..