ANOTHER IDIOT

2»

Comments

• COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    KC13167 said:

Tom, maintenance
    If I remember correctly, you are going through R-CHOP for DLBC, NHL. My scans were clear after my 6th r-chop, 10/06/10 and my port will be removed tomorrow, no maintenance for my DLBC, NHL. Kellie

MAINTENANCE
    Kellie,
    What you have is a form of aggressive lymphoma. The objective is to destroy all the cells with the chemo. Maintenance therefore is not necessary. John (FNHL-1-4A-5/10)
  • KC13167
    KC13167 Member Posts: 215
    COBRA666 said:

MAINTENANCE
    Kellie,
    What you have is a form of aggressive lymphoma. The objective is to destroy all the cells with the chemo. Maintenance therefore is not necessary. John (FNHL-1-4A-5/10)

Maintenance
    Yes, that is correct.
  • dixiegirl
    dixiegirl Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    tcvine said:

Keep up the good work, John
    Hey John,

Good to hear from you. As you know, you've been very helpful to me and I really appreciate your posts. Glad to hear that you are gaining strength. I'm nearing the end myself. I go in for my fifth infusion on Thursday.

I don't recall, are you on some sort of maintenance now that you've had the all clear signal?

Thanks for being here.
    God Bless,
    Tom

Round 5
    Good luck for round 5 Tom. Hope everything goes well and quickly. How's your neuropathy doing? I know how bad mine got and the leg cramps were awful, I couldn't even really stretch my lower body at all. I have fibromyalgia and being sore is definitely part of that, but without stretching it can be down right miserable.

Hope your side effects aren't too bad.

Take care,
    Beth
  • tcvine
    tcvine Member Posts: 174
    KC13167 said:

Tom, maintenance
    If I remember correctly, you are going through R-CHOP for DLBC, NHL. My scans were clear after my 6th r-chop, 10/06/10 and my port will be removed tomorrow, no maintenance for my DLBC, NHL. Kellie

Congratulations
    Hey Kellie,

Congratulations on your remission.
    Sounds like we have similar diagnosis and treatment. I only have 2 more R-CHOP infusions and will have my final testing in mid-December. Looking forward the "all clear" signal.

Tom (DLBCL-4-7/10)
  • tcvine
    dixiegirl said:

Round 5
    Good luck for round 5 Tom. Hope everything goes well and quickly. How's your neuropathy doing? I know how bad mine got and the leg cramps were awful, I couldn't even really stretch my lower body at all. I have fibromyalgia and being sore is definitely part of that, but without stretching it can be down right miserable.

Hope your side effects aren't too bad.

Take care,
    Beth

Hi Beth
    Hi Beth,

Thanks, Beth. My neuropathy has not gotten any worse, but not any better either. I don't have the issues that you talk about which may be due to the fibromyalgia. I do hope that this does not become permanent. I am able to exercise and still try to do some stretching every day. I don't like to, but I've been doing it for many years, so I guess I'm lucky. I've always wanted to do everything I can to avoid disability late in life. (LOL)

I infer from your post that at least some of your pain and cramps went away. I hope so.

Later,
    Tom (DLBCL-4-7/10)
  • dixiegirl
    dixiegirl Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    tcvine said:

Hi Beth
    Hi Beth,

Thanks, Beth. My neuropathy has not gotten any worse, but not any better either. I don't have the issues that you talk about which may be due to the fibromyalgia. I do hope that this does not become permanent. I am able to exercise and still try to do some stretching every day. I don't like to, but I've been doing it for many years, so I guess I'm lucky. I've always wanted to do everything I can to avoid disability late in life. (LOL)

I infer from your post that at least some of your pain and cramps went away. I hope so.

Later,
    Tom (DLBCL-4-7/10)

Yes
    Yes, it did go away thankfully. It took a couple months for the leg cramps to stop completely, but the feeling in my fingers got better a little sooner. It definitely got better and I can say I don't really suffer from them at all anymore, except in summer when I do too much LOL.

Exercising and stretching is a great way to stay limber, although I'm not always great with the exercising, but stretching is very much a vital part of my wellbeing. I can get pretty uncomfortable without it. I take a muscle relaxer at night so I can move in the mornings, if I don't I feel about 20 years older than I am. I keep hoping that miraculously my FM will just fade in the sunset :) but of course I am likely dreaming but hey, there's always hope right?

Take care of yourself, and good luck with the next go-round.

Beth
    LPL/MALT/Follicular stage 3 (4/7/06)
  • tcvine
    dixiegirl said:

Yes
    Yes, it did go away thankfully. It took a couple months for the leg cramps to stop completely, but the feeling in my fingers got better a little sooner. It definitely got better and I can say I don't really suffer from them at all anymore, except in summer when I do too much LOL.

Exercising and stretching is a great way to stay limber, although I'm not always great with the exercising, but stretching is very much a vital part of my wellbeing. I can get pretty uncomfortable without it. I take a muscle relaxer at night so I can move in the mornings, if I don't I feel about 20 years older than I am. I keep hoping that miraculously my FM will just fade in the sunset :) but of course I am likely dreaming but hey, there's always hope right?

Take care of yourself, and good luck with the next go-round.

Beth
    LPL/MALT/Follicular stage 3 (4/7/06)

Thanks, Beth
    Beth,

Good to hear that you are gaining health.

Keep up those stretches - and the muscle relaxers don't hurt either. As I am fond of saying, "Better living through chemistry." (I'm all talk and little action.)

Best of luck to you.

Tom (DLBCL-4-7/10)