Rad Grad today!!!

cavediver
cavediver Member Posts: 607
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Today I had my last booster rad.......yeah!!! Chemo done, Rads done, and now just to battle the hand and arm lymphedema and get that controlled. But immediate plan is to let my skin heal, head to Key Largo Sunday for 5 days of R&R !!!!!!! Then I will start again trying to get the lymphedema managed (the custom sleeve and glove, and manual massages are not doing the trick) But, for now......just not having to go to rads every day will be a welcome treat.....Key Largo is icing on the cake for me.....

Comments

• Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Congrats on being a Rad
    Congrats on being a Rad Grad!

Hugs, Angie
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Crossing that finish line .. 1 step at a time ..
    Congratulations! Job well Done ... Going to Key Largo on Sunday, what an ultimate way to celebrate - getting back to normal, and getting thru Chemo and Radiation. You deserve all the abest that Key Largo has to offer. Go and Enjoy - Life:-)))))

Strength and Courage.

Vicki Sam
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Congratulations! I havent
    Congratulations! I havent posted much lately but have followed your journey. I know it's been tough and you dear girl deserve that R&R. I finished in june of this year and when I reflect which is not often, I realize how strong we all are. From one Floridian to another enjoy some sunshine. This is a difficult walk and you made it!!
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    I am dancing, and dancing, and dancing!!!!
    Yea!!!! Grad night!!!! The reward for all of your hard work!!!

HUgs, Kathi
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    KathiM said:

I am dancing, and dancing, and dancing!!!!
    Yea!!!! Grad night!!!! The reward for all of your hard work!!!

HUgs, Kathi

Enjoy your well-deserved vaca
    Have a great time!

Hugs, Renee
  • cookie97
    cookie97 Member Posts: 200
    Congratulations!!!
    I'm sure it doesn't feel that way to you, but it feel like you just started this journey yesterday. My how time does fly. Glad to hear you are all finished though. Did you get to ring the bell? Sorry to hear that you are still having lymphedema issues, best of luck with that and enjoy Key Largo.

Peace and Love,
    Edie
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!!!
    Way to go, Cavediver. You have finally reached that finish line. I'm so very happy for you. Enjoy your R&R in Key Largo. I love the Keys and know you will have a great time. Good luck on getting the lymphedema under control.
  • beetle25
    beetle25 Member Posts: 150 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!!!
    Way to go, Cavediver. You have finally reached that finish line. I'm so very happy for you. Enjoy your R&R in Key Largo. I love the Keys and know you will have a great time. Good luck on getting the lymphedema under control.

Congrats on finally crossing
    Congrats on finally crossing the finish line. Enjoy your R & R. Good luck with the lymphedema, getting it under control.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    beetle25 said:

Congrats on finally crossing
    Congrats on finally crossing the finish line. Enjoy your R & R. Good luck with the lymphedema, getting it under control.

Graduating!
    You did it! Now, here is your diploma for graduating from rads! So proud of you and so happy for you!

Key Largo sounds amazing and I know it will be for you. So, relax, rest and have a drink or two on me!

Sue :)
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Ritzy said:

Graduating!
    You did it! Now, here is your diploma for graduating from rads! So proud of you and so happy for you!

Key Largo sounds amazing and I know it will be for you. So, relax, rest and have a drink or two on me!

Sue :)

Yea for you!!
    Happy, happy for you. Glad you are a rad grad!! God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    WOOOOOO HOOOOOO
    WOOOOOO HOOOOOO Carediver....That is really awesome news...NO MORE CHEMO OR RADS!!!!
    My PT told me that diving with lymphedema is good cuz it works like a compression sleeve...but with the weight and pressure of the water. Just thought id throw that out there. Anyway have a great R&R in Key Largo...you so deserve it!
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    So happy for you cavediver!
    Woo Hoo!!!!!! Enjoy Key Largo. You definitely deserve the R&R! Hugs, Jean
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    So very happy for you.....wonderful feeling, isn't it?

Continued good health!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    WOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!! Congrats
    WOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!! Congrats on finishing rads! I know you don't need to be told to have a fun time in Key Largo! Icing on the cake, indeed~ and you deserve it! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    chenheart said:

WOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!! Congrats
    WOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!! Congrats on finishing rads! I know you don't need to be told to have a fun time in Key Largo! Icing on the cake, indeed~ and you deserve it! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

This is great!
    This is great! Congratulations on finishing radiation!

Have a great time on your getaway! You have earned it!

Hugs, Jan
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    I'm so happy for you I know
    I'm so happy for you I know you have had a tough time. I think about you often. It is very nice you can get away for awhile and relax. Key largo is a great place to go too!! Have a great time and relax. Let us know how you arm does, hope it helps not being radiated anymore. Have fun Kay,
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Awesome!!!
    So glad you have that all behind you - and even better - have a wonderful vacation planned to celebrate!!
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    natly15 said:

Congratulations! I havent
    Congratulations! I havent posted much lately but have followed your journey. I know it's been tough and you dear girl deserve that R&R. I finished in june of this year and when I reflect which is not often, I realize how strong we all are. From one Floridian to another enjoy some sunshine. This is a difficult walk and you made it!!

Congratulations cavediver on
    Congratulations cavediver on this really good news! Enjoy not going to rads everyday!
  • dee1962
    dee1962 Member Posts: 99

Awesome!!!
    So glad you have that all behind you - and even better - have a wonderful vacation planned to celebrate!!

Great have a wonderful
    Great have a wonderful vacation your deserve it... :0)
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    dee1962 said:

Great have a wonderful
    Great have a wonderful vacation your deserve it... :0)

Hurray for you!
    So glad you're done done done.

Now go and enjoy your vacation!

xo
    Victoria