some good news

Rague
Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Late last week I started getting bad pressure headaches around/behind my right eye. (Can't remember when I had my last headache.) Took a Vicodan which did nothing to relieve it so I took a dexatheasone (left over from chemo) which did work. As I was going to the Sweat Lodge and Retreat I decided that I'd go and then call my PA on Monday morn. Well as it turned out - she was at the retreat so I got to talk to her and was told that she was ordering a PET scan on Monday. Saturday night/Sunday morn the pain came back (approx 36 hrs after the last) so took my next to last Dex and it left again. Talked to her again at breakfast and was told to be in for blood work in the morning. So blood was drawn. Approx. 36 hrs after the last Dex - the pain came back so I took my last Dex and called her RN. After PA got the results of blood work she called me - the only slightly negative thing that showed up on it was that I'm low in K (potassium) but not low enough to be causing the problem (this has been an ongoing problem since I was on Taxol) - everything else was good. She ordered Dex once a day as that seems to be the only thing that's controling the pain until can figure out what's going on. She was HOT that scheduling hadn't gotten back with me yet about my scan and assured me that I would hear from them. This morn they called me at 7:30 to tell me that my PET scan is for 8am tomorrow and about 9, the Radiology office that will be doing it called.

So good news so far - but no 'answers' yet.

Susan

Comments

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Dex is used for migraine relief....
    I know that during chemo, my standard daily 'fall sinus headache' didn't happen!

Now, I know I'm nearing 'normal' They are back! lol

Good news so far! Please keep us posted!

Hugs, Kathi
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Glad you are getting some
    Glad you are getting some relief and glad that you are getting your scan tomorrow. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Keep us posted!
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Im glad you found releif for
    Im glad you found releif for your headache. I hope all your tests turns out ok! Keep us updated!
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    I'm glad you got relief with
    I'm glad you got relief with the Dex hope all you test come back clear. Keep us posted OK? Take care your in my prayers. Kay
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988

I'm glad you got relief with
    I'm glad you got relief with the Dex hope all you test come back clear. Keep us posted OK? Take care your in my prayers. Kay

Hang in there, Susan
    They will find the culprit, and hopefully be able to assist you in getting rid of the pain. The main thing is that you have a doctor who is listening. Let us know when the results are in....we are all interested. Hugs, Judy