If Anyone needs a free wig and things

canjuncutie
canjuncutie Member Posts: 131
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I would tell them to go to thier local american cancer office. I got a very nice wig and bra with the prosetic( spelling off) . They are very kind. Now when I go on interviews I be looking more normal.

Comments

• Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Other places for scarves
    Here are some other websites for scarves etc.

FranceLuxe.com Beautiful silk head wraps but expensive. If you are a woman or girl experiencing a loss or thinning of hair as a result of illness or treatment, they will send you a scarf in the pattern and color of your choosing. Free. Click on the "Good Wishes" logo in the upper right hand corner of the page for more information.

OrgSites.com Wiggs for Love is a organization in memory of Mary (Spagnoli) Cron who lost her battle with breast cancer. Her family and friends have formed Wigs for Love, enabling breast cancer patients who have lost their hair due to chemo or radiation to receive a wig at no charge to them.

TheRainbowShop.com If you're looking for a headwrap with a tie dye look, this is good option. 100% cotton and several style options.

al-muminat.com Square cotton scarves. Small selection but good prices.

StarScarves.com 42"x42" square. Small selection good prices.

RadWrapz.com Solid color head wraps. only a hand full to choose from but cheap. Buy two, get one free.

CowboyWildRags.com Generous size, square, silk scarves. Like most silk fabric, they are moderately expensive.

Anokhiusa.com 100% cotton scarves and comes in several sizes. Decent prices for the 30"x30".

Everyone that got a scarf thru FranceLuxe.com absolutely loved them. They were beautiful and free.

Hope these sites help too.

Sue :)
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Ritzy said:

Other places for scarves
    Here are some other websites for scarves etc.

FranceLuxe.com Beautiful silk head wraps but expensive. If you are a woman or girl experiencing a loss or thinning of hair as a result of illness or treatment, they will send you a scarf in the pattern and color of your choosing. Free. Click on the "Good Wishes" logo in the upper right hand corner of the page for more information.

OrgSites.com Wiggs for Love is a organization in memory of Mary (Spagnoli) Cron who lost her battle with breast cancer. Her family and friends have formed Wigs for Love, enabling breast cancer patients who have lost their hair due to chemo or radiation to receive a wig at no charge to them.

TheRainbowShop.com If you're looking for a headwrap with a tie dye look, this is good option. 100% cotton and several style options.

al-muminat.com Square cotton scarves. Small selection but good prices.

StarScarves.com 42"x42" square. Small selection good prices.

RadWrapz.com Solid color head wraps. only a hand full to choose from but cheap. Buy two, get one free.

CowboyWildRags.com Generous size, square, silk scarves. Like most silk fabric, they are moderately expensive.

Anokhiusa.com 100% cotton scarves and comes in several sizes. Decent prices for the 30"x30".

Everyone that got a scarf thru FranceLuxe.com absolutely loved them. They were beautiful and free.

Hope these sites help too.

Here's 1 more.........4women.com
    I never purchased nor wore a wig. Living in Florida it's just too warm and I'm just not a wig person. I ordered several headwraps from this site. Excellent quality and selection.
  • Ritzy
    MyTurnNow said:

I never purchased nor wore a wig. Living in Florida it's just too warm and I'm just not a wig person. I ordered several headwraps from this site. Excellent quality and selection.

Found a couple more too
    heavenlyhats.org These are free hats for chemo patients. Great company started by a young boy.

headcovers.com

hatsforyou.com

Hope these help too!

• Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Ritzy said:

Found a couple more too
    heavenlyhats.org These are free hats for chemo patients. Great company started by a young boy.

headcovers.com

hatsforyou.com

Hope these help too!

Thank you
    CC, Debbie, & Sue for posting these for all the Newbies! :-)
    ♥ Cat
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    Also try
    Also try www.hatsofftochemo.com
    They will send you a variety of hats of your choice, free.
  • Ritzy
    Cat64 said:

Thank you
    CC, Debbie, & Sue for posting these for all the Newbies! :-)
    ♥ Cat

I am glad to help however I
    I am glad to help however I can, and, I had those sites saved incase someone might need them again. Always happy to help out a sister!

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    elm3544 said:

Also try

bumping up
    Vicki Sam
  • Ritzy
    VickiSam said:

bumping up
    Vicki Sam

For those of you that sew or knit, these might help too!
    Free Sewing, Knit and Crochet Patterns

deofsf.com Free sewing pattern for caps provided by Design Enterprises of San Francisco.
    ProudMommy.tripod.com Free sewing pattern for a scarf called a Snood.
    BevsCountryCottage.com Free pattern for knit beanies.
    BevsCountryCottage2.com Knit cap.
    CancerCant.com Knit hat.
    Elann.com Knit hat.
    MarnieMaclean.com Knit hat.
    Berroco.com Knit cap.
    KnitList.com Loose knit cap.
    MoreHouseFarm.com Knit mushroom cap.
    MarnieMaclean.com Knit cap.
    Web.Archive.org Knit cap.
    KnitList.com Loose fitting cap.
    Smariek.BlogSpot.com
    TiaJudy.com Knit ribbed cap.
    MielkesFarm.com Crocheted hats
    YarnCat.com Crochet cap.
    ThinkingKnitter.com Knit pattern for a Do-Rag.

• Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Ritzy said:

For those of you that sew or knit, these might help too!
    Free Sewing, Knit and Crochet Patterns

deofsf.com Free sewing pattern for caps provided by Design Enterprises of San Francisco.
    ProudMommy.tripod.com Free sewing pattern for a scarf called a Snood.
    BevsCountryCottage.com Free pattern for knit beanies.
    BevsCountryCottage2.com Knit cap.
    CancerCant.com Knit hat.
    Elann.com Knit hat.
    MarnieMaclean.com Knit hat.
    Berroco.com Knit cap.
    KnitList.com Loose knit cap.
    MoreHouseFarm.com Knit mushroom cap.
    MarnieMaclean.com Knit cap.
    Web.Archive.org Knit cap.
    KnitList.com Loose fitting cap.
    Smariek.BlogSpot.com
    TiaJudy.com Knit ribbed cap.
    MielkesFarm.com Crocheted hats
    YarnCat.com Crochet cap.
    ThinkingKnitter.com Knit pattern for a Do-Rag.

Bumping up for Jean or
    Bumping up for Jean or anyone else that is going through chemo now.
  • TP123
    TP123 Member Posts: 53
    Just thought I'd throw a comment in. I bought several beautiful scarves from Carson Pirie Scott (similar to a Macy's or any large chain department store). I normally can't afford to shop there but they had 40% off clearance prices on their scarves and I bought $20 scarves for $1.87-$3.00. It was fun!! So just watch for sales and if you know someone who works there maybe they can tip you on when a sale is coming up. I didn't know anyone but my daughter was window shopping and noticed one day. One other tip; I wear them LOOSELY around my neck so if my wig gets too warm, I can put the scarf on instead. It already compliments my outfit, so it works well. Teresa
  • pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431
    TP123 said:

Just thought I'd throw a comment in. I bought several beautiful scarves from Carson Pirie Scott (similar to a Macy's or any large chain department store). I normally can't afford to shop there but they had 40% off clearance prices on their scarves and I bought $20 scarves for $1.87-$3.00. It was fun!! So just watch for sales and if you know someone who works there maybe they can tip you on when a sale is coming up. I didn't know anyone but my daughter was window shopping and noticed one day. One other tip; I wear them LOOSELY around my neck so if my wig gets too warm, I can put the scarf on instead. It already compliments my outfit, so it works well. Teresa

Also..
    Don't forget to try re-sale shops. I found the most beautiful scarf (not silk, but silky feeling) that was one of Picasso's prints. Multi-colored (red, purple, black, yellow, blue) that went with alot of outfits. I think it cost $1.00! I now wear it around my neck!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    pattimc said:

Also..
    Don't forget to try re-sale shops. I found the most beautiful scarf (not silk, but silky feeling) that was one of Picasso's prints. Multi-colored (red, purple, black, yellow, blue) that went with alot of outfits. I think it cost $1.00! I now wear it around my neck!

That's a great idea Patti,
    That's a great idea Patti, resale stores. I know there are several consignment stores around here that have so many nice things. Great places to look.
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    elm3544 said:

Also try

The American Cancer Society
    The American Cancer Society has new wigs and some barely used if you contact them.

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Bumping

Bumping
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    elm3544 said:

Also try

So many helpful websites to help anyone going through chemo. ♥Kristin ♥
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    jo jo said:

Bumping

Bumping

Bumping up for ccin.

Bumping up for ccin.
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    jo jo said:

Bumping

Bumping

Just saw this sorry
    double post
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

This has lots of good info
    This has lots of good info for anyone going through chemo.