99 bottles of Chen on the wall...

faith_trust_and_a_little_bit_of_chemotherapy
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
99 bottles of Chen...if one of those bottles should happen to fall...

Was just fussing in the kitchen when I glanced over at the wine rack....and there you were.

It reminded me of that day a couple of months back, when women with nothing more in common than these deviant cells in our bodies got together, broke bread and enjoyed each others company if only for a few hours. Yeah, even this old curmudgeon grinned at the recollection.

Hell, when did I get so damned sensitive?

Comments

• RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    :-)
    Oh I know what you mean, that was a wonderful day and I reflect on it often. Thanks for the pleasant reminder, it was a really great day!>

RE
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    :-) You probably always
    :-) You probably always were that sensitive~ it just isn't always advantageous to let it show!

We did have a grand time breaking bread, didn't we? I think all of us who were there look back and will forever hear the laughter~very special, indeed.

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Thanks for the smile
    I'm also smiling, as I do every time I am reminded of that beautiful day.

You all (whether I've met you in person or not) have a very special place in my heart.

Cindy
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Thanks for the smile
    I'm also smiling, as I do every time I am reminded of that beautiful day.

You all (whether I've met you in person or not) have a very special place in my heart.

Cindy

LOL .. I often think of Miss ChenHEART everything
    I see my bottle of wine -) What an awesome gesture, that has such a long lasting effort on so many of us.

I am game to meet again ... sometime in Feb or March ????? What do you all think? Possible .. after the Holiday's ;-)))

Icky Vicki Sam
  • chenheart
    VickiSam said:

LOL .. I often think of Miss ChenHEART everything
    I see my bottle of wine -) What an awesome gesture, that has such a long lasting effort on so many of us.

I am game to meet again ... sometime in Feb or March ????? What do you all think? Possible .. after the Holiday's ;-)))

Icky Vicki Sam

Yes! Sanity after the
    Yes! Sanity after the Holidays! Let's do it! I am so in! Maybe KathiM will be in town then too; needless to say, you will love her in person! She is wonderful!
    I am glad you like looking at the wine~ even if it remains un-opened! My wine-maker friend did such a beautiful job on the labels, didn't he?

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    OK....now, we MUST have another reunion!!!
    So I can come and see and drink!

BIG hugs, Kathi
  • KathiM
    chenheart said:

Yes! Sanity after the
    Yes! Sanity after the Holidays! Let's do it! I am so in! Maybe KathiM will be in town then too; needless to say, you will love her in person! She is wonderful!
    I am glad you like looking at the wine~ even if it remains un-opened! My wine-maker friend did such a beautiful job on the labels, didn't he?

Hugs,
    Chen♥

I'm back in the States....
    March 28....so, sigh...it would have to be April....

(Yeah, but I get to have Spring in Holland...with all of the tulips....so don't get too teared up for me....ROFL!).

Chen, my dear, you are a darling!

Hugs, Kathi
  • chenheart
    KathiM said:

OK....now, we MUST have another reunion!!!
    So I can come and see and drink!

BIG hugs, Kathi

bribe her with alcohol! HAHAHA
    Now that's what I'm talking about! LOL I had ChenHeart wine, complete with a back-story label made for the Pink Warriors who had lunch together in August...chances look really good that I might still have a bottle or two!
  • KathiM
    chenheart said:

Now that's what I'm talking about! LOL I had ChenHeart wine, complete with a back-story label made for the Pink Warriors who had lunch together in August...chances look really good that I might still have a bottle or two!

Yup, works every time!!!!
    Wow! You are so crafty!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    KathiM said:

Yup, works every time!!!!
    Wow! You are so crafty!!!

Hugs, Kathi

So apparently I'm the only lush in the group...?
    Whaddaya mean you're LOOKING at your bottle of wine? I DRANK my bottle of wine!

In general, I've decided I don't like the look of the research linking alcohol to increased breast cancer risk, so I've given up alcohol except on special occasions...so, the week after our get-together, I decided that Tuesday (or whatever day it was) was a Special Occasion, and felt a little naughty drinking it!

(of course, I kept the bottle -- I too, love the reminder of Chen's Generous Heart, and that glorious day we all spent together.)

Traci
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    TraciInLA said:

In general, I've decided I don't like the look of the research linking alcohol to increased breast cancer risk, so I've given up alcohol except on special occasions...so, the week after our get-together, I decided that Tuesday (or whatever day it was) was a Special Occasion, and felt a little naughty drinking it!

(of course, I kept the bottle -- I too, love the reminder of Chen's Generous Heart, and that glorious day we all spent together.)

Traci

I am
    reminded often of that wonderful day -- my gosh, I have a beautiful notebook in my purse, a bookmark, keychain, yellow sunflower pen, picture frame, (yes, Traci, an UNopened bottle of wine) and tons of WONDERFUL memories. I'm ready whenever the rest of you are:)

Xoxoxoxox to all,

Victoria

BtW -- I like my alcohol, too, so I've switched to a small glass of red wine.......
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    TraciInLA said:

Traci

Oops
    Double post
  • lizzie17
    lizzie17 Member Posts: 548
    sounds wonderful
    are you all on the East coast by any chance?
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Mark and I enjoyed Chen's
    Mark and I enjoyed Chen's gift some months ago! I kept the bottle because I loved the message on the back. We still have the other bottle. It's only a matter of time before we open that one too! Thank you, once again, Chen for the wine!

Also, a hearty thank you for the other gifts brought by the other Warriors. Lauren and I use them often, if not daily!

Like the others, I am looking forward to the next gathering! Until then, Cheers!
    BL
  • chenheart
    lizzie17 said:

sounds wonderful

No...we are the California
    No...we are the California contingent!
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

Mark and I enjoyed Chen's
    Mark and I enjoyed Chen's gift some months ago! I kept the bottle because I loved the message on the back. We still have the other bottle. It's only a matter of time before we open that one too! Thank you, once again, Chen for the wine!

Also, a hearty thank you for the other gifts brought by the other Warriors. Lauren and I use them often, if not daily!

Like the others, I am looking forward to the next gathering! Until then, Cheers!
    BL

I am ready
    Hopefully I can be more active to help organizing event. Unfortunately Proposition 19 is lagging in early returns LOL.
    Thank you everyone for wonderful gifts. I have been missing you all.
    Wine was the winner at my famous party with stuffed roasted duck.
    Hugs
    New Flower
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    chenheart said:

That is the coolest idea!

That is the coolest idea!
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    lizzie17 said:

sounds wonderful

lizzie17
    Are you on the east coast?