Going to Disney

Crow71
Crow71 Member Posts: 679 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Kim and I are packing up the kids and heading for Disney World tomorrow. I've always been a stick in the mud about Disney; so this is the first time we've been. Kids are 11, 8 and 4. They're pretty excited. Kim loves Disney. I just hope Mr. Dribbles behaves himself.

I have to thank Brooks for helping me see how awesome a Disney trip can be for the family. You really planted the seed in my head. I'm really looking forward to watching the kids. And thanks to RickMurtagh for helping me figure out how to pay for this trip. I'll figure out how to fund my retirement some other decade. Also thanks to Rick for reminding me that certain adult magic can happen at Disney.

Take care everyone. Stay strong and focussed.

Roger

Comments

• jararno
    jararno Member Posts: 186
    Have a Blast!
    Glad you are heading out for some family fun!

Have a great trip!

Barb
  • CanadaSue
    CanadaSue Member Posts: 339 Member
    Go have fun
    Roger,

Take the family go have some fun! The memories you will all have for years to come is worth it!

Hugs,

Sue
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Disney
    For my Mom's 75th birthday (9 years ago) I asked her what she wanted. She wanted to go to Disneyland, with her baby's (her youngest son, my brother, whom had passed away) child.
    So away we went, my niece, her son, my son, my hubby and my mother!!!!
    My first and only time to Disneyland. It was worth every joy in my Mom's heart that we went.
    I HOPE you enjoy every moment (even when she kept running over me with the electric cart)that we did!!!
    Winter Marie
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
    CanadaSue said:

Go have fun
    Roger,

Take the family go have some fun! The memories you will all have for years to come is worth it!

Hugs,

Sue

Adult Magic?????
    ahhhhhhh...that's what all the fireworks are about!!! LOL.... Have a great time Rog!

Jennie
  • thready
    thready Member Posts: 474
    I love Mickey Mouse
    Have fun, time passes to fast, take just a moment for you and your family. (I have never been to Disney WOrld, only Disneyland. Would love to go someday!
    Jan
  • mom_2_3
    mom_2_3 Member Posts: 953 Member
    How great
    I hope you have a most wonderful time in WDW with your family. Safe travels...
  • Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277 Member
    Roger
    You and Kim and the kids have a really great time. Go with the mind of a child and enjoy it that way. Your kids are at a great age for this trip and everyone will remember it always, "The first time we went to Disney". Have FUN!
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    Have a great time!
    I've been to Disneyland and Disney World many times! You'll have a great time, just remember to pace yourself! This time of year it won't be quite so crowded either! Hope there's lots of magic to go around for all of you! ;)
    mary
  • LOUSWIFT
    LOUSWIFT Member Posts: 371 Member
    Disney World
    My family and I have been to Disney World 15 times over the years with our kids; sisters; our parents and our grand kids. We mostly fly but the most fun we had was taking down a motor home and staying at the Disney Camp Grounds. We have stayed at most of the Disney Motels. Our last trip was March 2010. I would avoid Sea World. It is run down and the killer whale show is just a big screen with the whales swimming around in the pool. I think I paid four hundred dollars for the four of us. Money is better spent on Disney or Universal. Yes bring your wallet Mickey doesn't work cheap! Have fun Lou
  • dmdwins
    dmdwins Member Posts: 454 Member
    LOUSWIFT said:

Disney World
    My family and I have been to Disney World 15 times over the years with our kids; sisters; our parents and our grand kids. We mostly fly but the most fun we had was taking down a motor home and staying at the Disney Camp Grounds. We have stayed at most of the Disney Motels. Our last trip was March 2010. I would avoid Sea World. It is run down and the killer whale show is just a big screen with the whales swimming around in the pool. I think I paid four hundred dollars for the four of us. Money is better spent on Disney or Universal. Yes bring your wallet Mickey doesn't work cheap! Have fun Lou

Have a blast
    We took our kids to Magic Kingdom just after I had finished chemo....not knowing what the future would hold.It was a power trip we were up for 24 hours straight...somehow God got me through that...the memories are great and I am still here 2 1/2 years later!!

Have a great time. Can't wait to hear about it

Smiles,
    Dawn
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Roger and Kim:
    Enjoy your trip and the memories it will make. Only been there once and even 20 plus years later can still remember our daughter Christy's excitement and the happiness in her eyes seeing all the wonderful things at Disney.

Enjoy and post some pics when you get back.

Take care - Tina
  • Kerry S
    Kerry S Member Posts: 606 Member
    Have a great time!!!!
    Roger,
    Have a great time!!!!
    This will do you and your family a lot of good. Screw the damn bag.

Kerry
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Kerry S said:

Have a great time!!!!
    Roger,
    Have a great time!!!!
    This will do you and your family a lot of good. Screw the damn bag.

Kerry

You will not regret Roger!
    I been men times in there, every time I have to go to LA I try to go to Disney an I'm 52!
    Hahahahahahaha !
  • LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    Awesome! I love Disney, I
    Awesome! I love Disney, I even have a time share at Disney's Saratoga Springs in FL. I hope that you and your family have a great time! And give Mikey a hug for me. ;-) Enjoy! Cynthia
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member

Awesome! I love Disney, I
    Awesome! I love Disney, I even have a time share at Disney's Saratoga Springs in FL. I hope that you and your family have a great time! And give Mikey a hug for me. ;-) Enjoy! Cynthia

Yeag! Waking shoes,
    Yeag! Waking shoes, umbrella, top ramen, and plenty of cash!!! Have fun!!
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Good for you!
    I hope you all have a magical time; you sure deserve it!
  • sasjourney
    sasjourney Member Posts: 395 Member
    Have Fun!
    Have a great trip and enjoy every minute!!! Give Mickey a hug from me!

Hugs,
    Sara
  • just4Brooks
    just4Brooks Member Posts: 980 Member
    Hey.... I want to go!!
    Have a great time Roger.. You and the family have earned it. Make sure you get the passes so you can just walk onto the rides and not have to wait in line do to your cancer. I did and it was soo much easer on me. Post lots of pics for us to see. DONT THINK ONCE ABOUT ANYTHING BUT FUN!!!

Lov ya guys
    Brooks
  • Kathryn_in_MN
    Kathryn_in_MN Member Posts: 1,252 Member
    I am late
    I am late in reading this - you are already on your way to the "Happiest Place on Earth."

I am so excited for you. Enjoy this trip! You deserve it.
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator