Change of Diet... Nutrionist?

Stace_aka_Pollyanna
Stace_aka_Pollyanna Member Posts: 78
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Did everyone run right out after their dx and change all their eating habits? (Assuming they were not-great to begin with) As I sit here stuffing my face full of Snickers, even if they are the "minis", I'm realizing that a better diet is the only thing I haven't researched to death! Should I be lining up consults with nutrionists? Alot of friends want to tell me what to eat to AVOID BC, ummm hello, alittle late for that no?

Originally, I posted this on FB Group but thought they would prefer that the white elephant be left in the corner there :)

Blessings and hugs,
Stace

Comments

• webbwife50
    webbwife50 Member Posts: 394
    White Elephant?
    Do you mean diet? I finished chemo a year ago, almost to the day. Then had my third major surgery. December will be the year mark from my last "treatment". I find myself thinking more and more about diet, what goes in, stays in. I am also starting to exercise, I'v cut my alcohol consumption way back, and of course I quit smoking when I was dx'ed. But I think it takes awhile to get to the point where I started feeling well enough to start thinking about what I can do to increase my chances of longevity, beyond the next 5 years.
    Hugs..alison
  • kya911
    kya911 Member Posts: 157

White Elephant?
    Do you mean diet? I finished chemo a year ago, almost to the day. Then had my third major surgery. December will be the year mark from my last "treatment". I find myself thinking more and more about diet, what goes in, stays in. I am also starting to exercise, I'v cut my alcohol consumption way back, and of course I quit smoking when I was dx'ed. But I think it takes awhile to get to the point where I started feeling well enough to start thinking about what I can do to increase my chances of longevity, beyond the next 5 years.
    Hugs..alison

Did everyone run right out after their dx and change all their e
    I sure did. I have never smoked or used alcohol.
    Started eating fresh broccoli,spinach,cauliflower & a rainbow color of veggies.
    Lots of fresh fruit.
    Only sugar I had is in food already.
    Lots of beans also.
    After eating for my health, by accident lol I have lost 10 pounds.
    I wonder if ocn will tell me to stop when I start chemo?
  • Ladymom
    Ladymom Member Posts: 10
    After my diagnosis my best
    After my diagnosis my best friend was chocolate. It may not have been healthy but it was better than getting drunk.
  • Ladymom said:

After my diagnosis my best
    After my diagnosis my best friend was chocolate. It may not have been healthy but it was better than getting drunk.

Alison, "White elephant"
    Alison, "White elephant" meaning the BC topic in general. Wasn't sure if those on Facebook wanted to address my endless questions there too about this dreaded topic? I hear ya.. one focus at a time -- am trying to rein in my ocd :)

Kya, Losing the extra 10 - 15 I gained since August is the ONLY silver lining to my upcoming chemo HA!

Ladymom, love the chocolate in lieu of the alcohol -- the recouperation is sooo much shorter ;p

Thx, Ladies..Blessings and Hugs,
    Stace
  • swalters
    swalters Member Posts: 33
    Diet
    Pollyanna,
    Diet is hugh for recurrence prevention. A good book to read is Anti-Cancer by Dr. David Serval-Schrieber, who is a 2 time cancer survivor.

Peace and good health,
    Sandie
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    swalters said:

Diet
    Pollyanna,
    Diet is hugh for recurrence prevention. A good book to read is Anti-Cancer by Dr. David Serval-Schrieber, who is a 2 time cancer survivor.

Peace and good health,
    Sandie

bumping up ....
    Vicki