Hair buzzed

Jean T. Szabo
Jean T. Szabo Member Posts: 193
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Found a beautician in the neighborhood whose mother had Breast Cancer. She gave me a "buzz" and didn't charge me. Instead she gave me a big hug. Her mother went to Freodtert Hostpial in Milwaukee. The Gal's name is Suzzette. Thought this was a very nice thing to do and it made the experience much easier for me. Used the money I saved on the hair cut to get a few winter hats as the weather is switching here in Wisconsin.

Comments

• seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    I am so glad you found
    I am so glad you found someone who understands and showed you support that way. Enjoy the hats. I did not know I was a hat person till after chemo. I still like to wear them, but we are not allowed to at work, and some of the ones that fit my hairless head slide off now that the hair is under them. Interesting how the fit changes.

take care, seof
  • You look mahhvelous dahling!
    Hang in there Jean...it's only temporary luv :)

Did you find all the groovy hat websites throughout the boards? There are quite a few very inexpensive or even free! My mom went over to our St. Vincent's last week. She has a flair for fashion and picked up some "leftovers" One is a fabulous purple velvet that she is "embellishing" with flowers and hot glue. You can glue anything to hats these days and the project might lift your spirits. BE BOLD WHILE BALD my sister... you can do it!!

I'm only a couple weeks behind you and I so emphathize with what you are going through... I now it's easier said than done but remember we've got your back!

Blessing and hugs,
    Stace
  • QuiltingMama123
    QuiltingMama123 Member Posts: 124
    Enjoy your freedom!
    I love how little time it takes to get ready in the morning! Showers without shaving and without shampoo/conditioner are unbelievably brief. Try to look at the bright side, enjoy your hats, and remember its only temporary. (I must admit I do miss my eyebrows now that they have fallen off, but they will come back too!)
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Enjoy your freedom!
    I love how little time it takes to get ready in the morning! Showers without shaving and without shampoo/conditioner are unbelievably brief. Try to look at the bright side, enjoy your hats, and remember its only temporary. (I must admit I do miss my eyebrows now that they have fallen off, but they will come back too!)

You Girls --- ROCK this LOOK ...!!!
    Been there! Vicki Sam
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member

You look mahhvelous dahling!
    Hang in there Jean...it's only temporary luv :)

Did you find all the groovy hat websites throughout the boards? There are quite a few very inexpensive or even free! My mom went over to our St. Vincent's last week. She has a flair for fashion and picked up some "leftovers" One is a fabulous purple velvet that she is "embellishing" with flowers and hot glue. You can glue anything to hats these days and the project might lift your spirits. BE BOLD WHILE BALD my sister... you can do it!!

I'm only a couple weeks behind you and I so emphathize with what you are going through... I now it's easier said than done but remember we've got your back!

Blessing and hugs,
    Stace

There is a great post on
    There is a great post on here about wigs, scarves and hats. I will bump it up for you.