Halloween pictures

fauxma
fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I posted some Halloween pictures on my expressions page. Denise made all the costumes. I don't have any of Kyle. He ended up using Den's costume (a knightly king) but he was setting up the last minute stuff on the porch. Hopefully they got some pictures of him and I can post them later. Denise made me a snow queen costume but no pictures. I tend to be camera shy. It was so much fun to see the kids. They move around so fast that I wasn't able to get very good pictures. Jo has this habit of posing, then moving and then before you can click the picture she is running over to look at it. The other day she had a toy camera and would pretend to take a picture and then come over and show it to us. Ah, the digital age. JJ used to do the same thing when he was her age. Now he is all into posing and trying to do action pictures. But they all still look wonderful and I, of course, think of them as the best looking family ever. I hope some of you will post pictures of your children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. Den says that the grandkids raise our spirits no matter how we feel. And he is absolutely right.
Stef

Comments

• tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    awesome
    awesome costumes.
    denise has some talent.

Hugs,
    margo
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hi Stef,
    GREAT PICTURES!!!! The little ones are so precious. Great costumes. I definitely agree with Den. Even though little Miss Isabella didn't dress up this year, she definitely raised our spirits with just her first Halloween bib, which by the way was even big on her. Hugs, Jean
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Great pics Stef...your
    Great pics Stef...your daughter did an awesome job on the costumes. I also made my kids costumes - i think they look and fit better than the store bought ones. Now that they are all grown up they put in orders for what they want me to make them for the next year and it has grown to were its not only my kids doing it but other family members too. I should start my own business...LOL! It wouldnt work cuz i couldnt charge them for it!
  • fauxma
    jo jo said:

Great pics Stef...your
    Great pics Stef...your daughter did an awesome job on the costumes. I also made my kids costumes - i think they look and fit better than the store bought ones. Now that they are all grown up they put in orders for what they want me to make them for the next year and it has grown to were its not only my kids doing it but other family members too. I should start my own business...LOL! It wouldnt work cuz i couldnt charge them for it!

JoJo,
    If you haven't posted

JoJo,
    If you haven't posted any pictures (past or present), please do. My mom or my best friend used to make Denise's costumes when she was little. They are making better store boughts but I love a home made costume. Denise has also done costuming when she does shows. The skeleton's bridal gown is one from Fiddler On The Roof. She could have a business but she would also either do them free or charge too little. LOL
    Stef
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    fauxma said:

JoJo,
    If you haven't posted

JoJo,
    If you haven't posted any pictures (past or present), please do. My mom or my best friend used to make Denise's costumes when she was little. They are making better store boughts but I love a home made costume. Denise has also done costuming when she does shows. The skeleton's bridal gown is one from Fiddler On The Roof. She could have a business but she would also either do them free or charge too little. LOL
    Stef

Stef no i have not posted
    Stef no i have not posted any pics of halloween costumes...i lost most of my pics of the kids from when they were little but i managed to find some thru other family members...im just starting to get back into it again since i havent made a costume in about 2 years now. Thats so funny cuz now ive had 3 different people ask me within the last week to make them a certain costume for next year. (they gave me a break thru my cancer or was afraid to ask).
    I have to make my daughter this certain cat costume she wants and it envolves alot of fur. My 2 sisters want me to make a costume for them so we can all 3 dress up as draculas brides for a costume party we are planning for next year and i have to make Draculas costume for Tony and possible a mummy costume for my sisters husband...we got the whole theme going here and everyone wants me to make it all and i only have a year to do it. Oh i forgot my other daughter i have to make a tinkerbell costume for her.

I will post 2 pics that i found of costumes that i made- one is my daughter (who is 24yrs now) as Cleopatra and one of me as a genie.
    By the way yes costumes are better now a days - i guess i was referring to back when my kids were young that they werent that great.
  • fauxma
    jo jo said:

Stef no i have not posted
    Stef no i have not posted any pics of halloween costumes...i lost most of my pics of the kids from when they were little but i managed to find some thru other family members...im just starting to get back into it again since i havent made a costume in about 2 years now. Thats so funny cuz now ive had 3 different people ask me within the last week to make them a certain costume for next year. (they gave me a break thru my cancer or was afraid to ask).
    I have to make my daughter this certain cat costume she wants and it envolves alot of fur. My 2 sisters want me to make a costume for them so we can all 3 dress up as draculas brides for a costume party we are planning for next year and i have to make Draculas costume for Tony and possible a mummy costume for my sisters husband...we got the whole theme going here and everyone wants me to make it all and i only have a year to do it. Oh i forgot my other daughter i have to make a tinkerbell costume for her.

I will post 2 pics that i found of costumes that i made- one is my daughter (who is 24yrs now) as Cleopatra and one of me as a genie.
    By the way yes costumes are better now a days - i guess i was referring to back when my kids were young that they werent that great.

JoJo,
    Those were great

JoJo,

Those were great costumes. I love to hear about everyone's creativity. This way I can live vicariously through others. I know that there are many hobbies and interests on here. Quite awhile back we had a post where everyone listed their favorites hobbies and pastimes. Maybe it is time to rekindle it. There is so much talent and it is nice to hear about our lives outside of cancer.
    Stef
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Stef
    fabulous pictures and what wonderful costumes! Thanks for sharing :-)
    {{hugs}} Char
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    cahjah75 said:

Stef
    fabulous pictures and what wonderful costumes! Thanks for sharing :-)
    {{hugs}} Char

Bumping ;up ....
    Vicki