Photos of the race

elm3544
elm3544 Member Posts: 748
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I posted some photos in my expressions gallery if anyone wants to take a look. I had a team of 20 but somehow did not get pictures of everyone. We had a great time and my friends and family threw a party for me afterwards!

Comments

• smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Thanks, it looks like you
    Thanks, it looks like you had fun!! I look forward to being able to walk that fare again. Great Job!!!
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769

Thanks, it looks like you
    Thanks, it looks like you had fun!! I look forward to being able to walk that fare again. Great Job!!!

Thank you
    Thank you Elm for doing the walk and your husband wearing a pink beard.
    That shows support for all of us. You are awesome.

Margo
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Thanks for sharing your pictures
    Looks like it was a wonderful. We had the same shirts for our Baltimore walk. I loved the Survivor shirt!
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Hi
    Loved your pictures. Your hair came back cute.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member

Thank you
    Thank you Elm for doing the walk and your husband wearing a pink beard.
    That shows support for all of us. You are awesome.

Margo

Looks like a lot of fun Elm!
    Looks like a lot of fun Elm! Thanks for walking for us and thanks for posting pics!
  • elm3544
    Strides
    I am going to do the Strides Against Breast Cancer walk on Nov. 6th. I don't have a team and I may not even have anyone to walk with me but I plan to go anyway. I set a small goal for myself for donations, which I will probably cover myself. I want to compare this to the Komen walk and see which one I'd like to do next year. If they were not so close together I may be able to get a team together and raise funds for both, but I can not expect my friends and family to do so much.
    I am excited about this walk, it will be less than 4 weeks after my hysterectomy but I know I can do it!
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    elm3544 said:

Strides
    I am going to do the Strides Against Breast Cancer walk on Nov. 6th. I don't have a team and I may not even have anyone to walk with me but I plan to go anyway. I set a small goal for myself for donations, which I will probably cover myself. I want to compare this to the Komen walk and see which one I'd like to do next year. If they were not so close together I may be able to get a team together and raise funds for both, but I can not expect my friends and family to do so much.
    I am excited about this walk, it will be less than 4 weeks after my hysterectomy but I know I can do it!

I am rooting for you
    Dear Elm,
    Love your photos. I did both walks as well. Next year I will try to do the same however, like you, I felt it too much to expect family and friends to walk both and donate to both in such a short interval of time. I will probably pick one or ask half of my supporters to give to one or the other.
    Good luck with the November walk. Take it easy since you will be only be a month post surgery. Listen to your body. I'll be with you in spirit.
    Hugs,K,
  • elm3544
    KayNYC said:

I am rooting for you
    Dear Elm,
    Love your photos. I did both walks as well. Next year I will try to do the same however, like you, I felt it too much to expect family and friends to walk both and donate to both in such a short interval of time. I will probably pick one or ask half of my supporters to give to one or the other.
    Good luck with the November walk. Take it easy since you will be only be a month post surgery. Listen to your body. I'll be with you in spirit.
    Hugs,K,

Thank you, Kay. I like your
    Thank you, Kay. I like your idea of asking half to do one and half to do the other. That would be great! My husband also suggested he do one and I do one, or we rotate each year. I think I prefer to have my husband walking with me, however, instead of us doing separate walks.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Jean 0609 said:

Thanks for sharing your pictures
    Looks like it was a wonderful. We had the same shirts for our Baltimore walk. I loved the Survivor shirt!

Loved the pics! Thanks!

Loved the pics! Thanks!
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    laurissa said:

Hi
    Loved your pictures. Your hair came back cute.

Thanks for walking for us
    Thanks for walking for us Elm and great pictures!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    elm3544 said:

Strides

Thank you for taking us with
    Thank you for taking us with you! Saw your pictures and loved them

Hugs, Jan
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Elm those were great
    Elm those were great pics...i loved how everyone did the pink hair thing and your husband with the pink beard...lol!
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    jo jo said:

Elm those were great
    Elm those were great pics...i loved how everyone did the pink hair thing and your husband with the pink beard...lol!

Great Pictures, thanks for
    Great Pictures, thanks for sharing.
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    fauxma said:

Great Pictures, thanks for
    Great Pictures, thanks for sharing.

Loved the pictures! Thanks
    Loved the pictures! Thanks for what you did for us and your sisters.