New To The Group

13»

Comments

• smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    hello and welcome
    I guess you know by now that you have just been adopted by about 5000 sisters LOL. We are all here for you all the way. I lost my hair on day 14 first treatment. I reed that some one didn't loos theirs until the last treatment and then it grew right back. I don't remember who that was though. I lost mine in Wal-mart. I was in the store looking for hinges and talking to my husband on the phone and it started falling out in large clumps LOL. I had it stuck on my glasses pulled them off with the hair Ha ha. I was stuffing hair in my pockets ha ha ha. At least it will be forever memorable for me. I shaved mine off when I got home. But some grew back!! It is very thin but about 2 inches long. Looks like a Forrest that was burnt with just the stumps sticking up LOl. The bad thing is only the gray hairs grew back! I guess they are the tuff ones. I wish you all the best and you are in my prayers. Anything you need just holler Take care Kay,
  • Annette 11
    Annette 11 Member Posts: 380
    Welcome Judy
    You will always get help from all of us pink sisters. We are always here to listen to any concerns or joy that you may want to share.
    You are about my age, had a bilatteral masc. in Aug, on chemo since Sept. and doing well.
    My hair fell out in clumps 15 days after 1st. chemo so I had my husband buz it off. After the initial shock when I looked in mirror, it was ok and didn't give it much thought. Bought and made scarves. I have been lucky, just miner side effects but nothing major yet.
    Hopefully yours will be fine.
    Keep us posted on your progress.
    Welcome!
    Annette :)
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    fauxma said:

Sorry you have to be here
    Sorry you have to be here but welcome. We will support you, answer your questions and just be the best friend you can have during this time. Oh, and we will keep you in our prayers and good thoughts as well.
    Stef

Hi and welcome to this
    Hi and welcome to this wonderful group! Lots of information, support and encouragement from your sisters in pink!

Hugs, Angie
  • kya911
    kya911 Member Posts: 157

hello and welcome
    I guess you know by now that you have just been adopted by about 5000 sisters LOL. We are all here for you all the way. I lost my hair on day 14 first treatment. I reed that some one didn't loos theirs until the last treatment and then it grew right back. I don't remember who that was though. I lost mine in Wal-mart. I was in the store looking for hinges and talking to my husband on the phone and it started falling out in large clumps LOL. I had it stuck on my glasses pulled them off with the hair Ha ha. I was stuffing hair in my pockets ha ha ha. At least it will be forever memorable for me. I shaved mine off when I got home. But some grew back!! It is very thin but about 2 inches long. Looks like a Forrest that was burnt with just the stumps sticking up LOl. The bad thing is only the gray hairs grew back! I guess they are the tuff ones. I wish you all the best and you are in my prayers. Anything you need just holler Take care Kay,

smalldoggroomer
    ROF Thank you so much for sharing your Walmart hair loss.
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    kya911 said:

Rague
    Thank you for sharing. We both have some thing in common other than the cancer journey.
    My horse is a Paso Fino x Morgan & gaited.

The older we get the nicer
    The older we get the nicer it is to have gaited ones isn't it LOL! AND the shorter ones are easier to get on though I like mine big. Only one of ours will Indian Shuffle and he's the least Foundation but can he Shuffle on. My mare is 100% Foundation but I've never seen her (or either of her sons who was/is at least 6 generations straight App) ever Shuffle. Hubby's big gelding won't Shuffle either but as he's too 'modern' Quartery built so really not built to.

Susan
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member

Welcome Judy
    You will always get help from all of us pink sisters. We are always here to listen to any concerns or joy that you may want to share.
    You are about my age, had a bilatteral masc. in Aug, on chemo since Sept. and doing well.
    My hair fell out in clumps 15 days after 1st. chemo so I had my husband buz it off. After the initial shock when I looked in mirror, it was ok and didn't give it much thought. Bought and made scarves. I have been lucky, just miner side effects but nothing major yet.
    Hopefully yours will be fine.
    Keep us posted on your progress.
    Welcome!
    Annette :)

hair
    I've worn my hair short for years ... but when I started chemo ... I knew I'd lose it all. So on day 13 I had it cut VERY short ... thinking it was just brilliant of me. HA. On day 15 I was reading the paper and ran my fingers through my very short hair and ended up with a handful of hair. I called a friend I knew would have clippers and told her I was on my way over for her to shave my head. Took my little denim bucket hat with me ... and that was that. It wasn't sad ... because I'd expected it ... and I was ready to do whatever it took to tackle BC. The only thing about having my head shaved was ... after my friend did it ... I looked in the mirror and I swear ... I looked exactly like my grandfather! That's when I put the hat on ... and my friend and I went out to dinner to celebrate the latest step in my "journey."

hugs.
    teena
  • TP123
    TP123 Member Posts: 53
    kya911 said:

TP123
    I have had the lumpectomy & will be getting a port installed on Friday.
    With in a week or so I should be able to set sail lol Chemo
    I am a stage 1T 1.6 ccm .
    Welcome to the group as you can tell I am new here also.
    These ladies are great.

Lump details
    My lump was 3.4 ccm on May 25. As of completion of A & C it was 1.5 (less than 1/2 its original size) ! Now I cannot locate it at all and neither can my oncologist. I was considered Stage 2 because they found it in on lymph node. I am so happy about the progress. SO I just have to say it is worth the endurance because I was not going to do anything about it. I figured it was too big and too much torture to go through. But it hasn't been all that bad. Much luck and prayers.
  • TP123
    TP123 Member Posts: 53

TP123
    hope taxol is better for me! ugh! you just never know.., A/C was crappy, hope it doesn't get crappier with taxol! oh well, what are can we do? right? just keep on going!

did you get any black finger nails/toenails? neuropathy?

i'm nervous about radiation as well. i hear it's not so bad. it's so hard to say though, once again everyone is different! i have 6 weeks of 5 daily (15mins) treatments...

*hugs*

carrie :)

nails & neuropathy
    No black nails but they are tender and dip below the natural line of the nail. Yes neuropathy but it comes and goes, so it's not bad. I'll be done in 4 more weeks with chemo then I will get a lumpectomy or mastectomy. We'll have to keep in touch about radiation. did you have surgery? How was it?