Anniversary

Nana2
Nana2 Member Posts: 255
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi Everyone,
I haven't written for awhile, but I check in often. Last week on October 20th we celebrated 36 years of being married. This past year has been an emotional one for sure since it was one year ago on November 13th that Jim was diagnosed with his cancer. Three surgeries, chemo, radiation and more chemo and we're still hanging in and doing okay. I am thankful for every day we are able to spend together. We are working on our "bucket list" and want to visit the Grand Canyon and have tickets to go thanks to a generous neighbor/friend (we have the most wonderful neighbors) so hopefully we can make that trip before spring. Anyway, I just wanted to pop on and shout out a hello to everyone and let you know I think of you often and am still grateful for all of your advise and help over the past year. You've been great. Keep fighting dear friends. I'll be keeping you in my prayers.
April

Comments

• lesvanb
    lesvanb Member Posts: 905
    Congrats April and Jim
    36 years is awesome. I will celebrate 34 in November. Thanks so much for checking in and here's to your trip to the Grand Canyon; it is amazing too.

all the best, Leslie
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Awesome
    Congratulations on your anniversary. To have that many years behind you is wonderful. Hope you have an awesome time at the Grand Canyon. Always wanted to visit there. You both deserve a wonderful vacation and keep filling that bucket lists - it makes you have goals and things keep getting better.

Kim
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Bucket List
    Hey Nana

I'd like to do the Grand Canyon myself one day:)

They've got that new walkway that hangs out over the cliff and you can see straight to the canyon floor - would probably give me "jelly legs" but how cool it would be to do that - maybe you can do that on your trip and take some pics. I'd love to hear about it.

36 years huh? Nothing but congratulations are in order...we're about to our 20th next year if I can hang around - I can't imagine nearly doubling that time - my wife will be done with me long before that, LOL:)

Glad everything is going so well - wish we had neighbors like yours - they sound pretty special to be helping you with this trip - more than neighbors, but good friends!

Thanks for checking in - good to hear from you.

-Craig
  • HollyID
    HollyID Member Posts: 946 Member
    Oh wow!! Happy
    Oh wow!! Happy Anniversary!! How wonderful!!
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Congratulations!
    Hi, April.

Congratulations on your anniversary! My husband and I will celebrate 35 years in March. *smiles*

I pray that his health will be good for a long time to come.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Congratulations!
    Congratulations on your wedding anniversary!

I hope you enjoy your trip to the Grand Canyon. It is truely an awesome place. Neither words nor pictures can do it justice.

Here's to many more years of wedded bliss.

Marie who loves kitties
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Congratulations!
    36 years is awesome! It sounds like Jim is doing well. The Grand Canyon sounds awesome!
  • Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277 Member
    36 years!
    Wow, congratulations. I am always in awe of those anniversaries. You two have been through alot. I hope that you really enjoy your visit to the Grand Canyon, you deserve it.
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator