My bag is cursed!!!

Kerry S
Kerry S Member Posts: 606 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Yesterday my bag got me again. I be sitting there watching TV before lunch and I felt wetness in the crotch. The damn bag had a leak. I checked it out and found what made it leak.

You all know I love bacon. The scary old woman bought bacon on sale. This bacon had bone slices in it. I found a sharp bone slice in the bag had punched a hole in it.

Why me Lord???? 23 more bag days and counting. I am tired of getting crap all over me.

Yes I have an Icon on my desk top that counts the damn days of the bag down.

Kerry – conservative man with cursed bag

Comments

• mommyof2kds
    mommyof2kds Member Posts: 519
    I remember those days. my
    I remember those days. my ileostomy would leak all the dam time. some nights I had changed it 3 times... I has my reversal 1 yr ago sept. It is so wonderful to be able to poop again. LOL whenever someone talks about gas or poop, I always say, just be glad you can do those things. Farting and pooping are wonderful. The only issues I had was that I had to start a bowel regeime where I had to take otc things daily to prevet constipation. Never had diarrhea issues, it was wonderful.. I counted down also.. best of luck. Petrina
  • Kenny H.
    Kenny H. Member Posts: 502 Member
    What brand/type you use?
    What brand/type you use? Have a perm colostomy & still going thru brands and types to see whats best.
  • John23
    John23 Member Posts: 2,122 Member
    Kerry -

Have you tried the new Michelin Steel Belted Radial bags?

The 10 ply model may interest you!

"Where the rubber meets the thigh"
  • Kerry S
    John23 said:

Kerry -

Have you tried the new Michelin Steel Belted Radial bags?

The 10 ply model may interest you!

"Where the rubber meets the thigh"

I expect sharts at first
    Petrina – I am looking so forward to farting again. I expect sharts at first.

Kenny - I am using Coloplast. They work great as long as you don’t eat bacon bone. The other thing is I do not use any prep for the sticking. Only wash the area with dove soap and dry with a hair dryer.

The powders and other prep make the bag fall off in 4 days. My body chemistry is just that way.

John – You are right I need industrial strength bags. Can’t you just see TV ads “Tired of crap all over you? Stick that bag with Mighty Putty! Watch as we lift this man by his bag and suspend him over the open septic tank.

Kerry
  • John23
    John23 Member Posts: 2,122 Member
    Kerry S said:

I expect sharts at first
    Petrina – I am looking so forward to farting again. I expect sharts at first.

Kenny - I am using Coloplast. They work great as long as you don’t eat bacon bone. The other thing is I do not use any prep for the sticking. Only wash the area with dove soap and dry with a hair dryer.

The powders and other prep make the bag fall off in 4 days. My body chemistry is just that way.

John – You are right I need industrial strength bags. Can’t you just see TV ads “Tired of crap all over you? Stick that bag with Mighty Putty! Watch as we lift this man by his bag and suspend him over the open septic tank.

Kerry

Hey bud....

Re:
    "Only wash the area with dove soap and dry with a hair dryer. "

Ditch the "dove soap" and only use plain hot water; all soaps
    leave a residue. Even the manufacturers say to use only hot water!

Hell..... my wife bought toilet paper that leaves the skin "soft",
    and after drying the peristomal area with it, the damned wafer
    only lasted a day. I went back to using paper towels to dry, and
    I went back to two to three week wafer changes.

Gotta' watch the skin surface! Any residue will destroy the
    integrity of the adhesive!

Good luck.....

John
  • Kerry S
    John23 said:

Hey bud....

Re:
    "Only wash the area with dove soap and dry with a hair dryer. "

Ditch the "dove soap" and only use plain hot water; all soaps
    leave a residue. Even the manufacturers say to use only hot water!

Hell..... my wife bought toilet paper that leaves the skin "soft",
    and after drying the peristomal area with it, the damned wafer
    only lasted a day. I went back to using paper towels to dry, and
    I went back to two to three week wafer changes.

Gotta' watch the skin surface! Any residue will destroy the
    integrity of the adhesive!

Good luck.....

John

I should have said
    John,

I should have said I wash the area with dove soap in the shower. Then I rinse and scrub the area with just water. Mine last about 5 to 6 days.

Kerry
  • aceskeno
    aceskeno Member Posts: 5
    Kenny H. said:

What brand/type you use?
    What brand/type you use? Have a perm colostomy & still going thru brands and types to see whats best.

colostomy pouch options
    I use both Holister & Coloplast. My skin sometimes gets irritated by the adhesive, so switch to the other brand. The Holister wear time is about 5 days & Coloplast 3-4 days, so I tend to favor Holister.