breast cancer

kellyhiggison
kellyhiggison Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I was recently diagnosed with stage 1 breast cancer, er/pr/her-2/neu (all three +) Is it true that if you have the her-2/neu + that reoccurence is more likely?

Comments

• BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    My onc told me that the Her2
    My onc told me that the Her2 gene does help indicate the aggresivness of the cancer.

I am also triple +. I had a lumpectmy in Sep 09, finished chemo in Feb, finished rads in July and will have my last Herceptin treatment in Nov. Glad you caught your bc early, indicated by the stage 1. Mine was stage 2a because I had a microscopic amount of cancer cells in one lymph node.

hugs

Donna
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Welcome, Kelly
    I'm sorry you happened to post on a day that our board was getting spammed -- the ACS administrator should be able to get things back to normal on Monday morning.

I'm not HER2 positive, but we have a lot of women here on this board who are. If I may make a suggestion -- why don't you make another post, with the subject line something like "Calling Other HER2 Positive Ladies," or something like that? That would make it more likely that you would hear from those here who can help you with your questions.

Traci
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Hang in there, Kelly
    You came to the right place. Once "Doris" and "her" shenanigans are taken care of, you will see how amazing this site *really* is.

Best,
    Joe
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Being triple negative is
    Being triple negative is worse from what I've read as there are no drugs that can be used against it. Herceptin is used with HER2+ and there are several meds/drugs used with ER+. Personally - I'm HER2- so no Herceptrin for me but I'm ER+ so I'll be on Femara for at least another 4 years and quite probably for the rest of my life as I'm IBC (one of the more aggressive and rarer types). Certainly the sub-type (ER/PR/HER2)is important, but the type (IBC, IDC, LCIS, DCIS, etc.) is important. All do not react/respond the same nor have the same prognosis or treatment protocol.

Research, research, research, ask questions, ask questions and ask more questions. You are your best advocate but be armed with knowledge.

There is no "One size fits all" in this battle no matter what the 'general' DX is - we are each so unique and our bodies handle the assault on them in their own way.

Susan